Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Juggernaut DPS

supson
12.13.2011 , 01:42 PM | #1
Hey all, just wondering if Sith warrior juggernaut in a non-tank role is viable for PvE and PvP?

Does it compare to the marauder ie, any sort of damage the juggernaut can do, a marauder can do it better?

Will op / flashpoint heavy loots mostly be geared toward tank jugs, forcing dps to also compete with marauders for medium?

aoedin
12.13.2011 , 01:58 PM | #2
I was actually wondering the same thing as far as i know, it should be viable but bioware could just **** up like wow did and make jugs run around in med Armour
Behind every Republic shadow i lurk, Behind every Persuaded faith i am, behind the emperor himself, i serve

Anunanrah
12.13.2011 , 02:38 PM | #3
BIOWARe insists that all classes and roles will be equal in performance, all dps specs, tanks and heals, will be able to perform equally.

Karnyvor
12.13.2011 , 02:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Anunanrah View Post
BIOWARe insists that all classes and roles will be equal in performance, all dps specs, tanks and heals, will be able to perform equally.
So that is No?
Support the Dragon.

Crocolisk
12.13.2011 , 02:54 PM | #5
This. If it isn't within 5% it will be eventually. Undoubtedly one class will be the best potential dps at launch. That will change in the first patch, I'm sure.

I'm going Juggernaut dps

DinnerYeti
12.13.2011 , 03:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by supson View Post
Hey all, just wondering if Sith warrior juggernaut in a non-tank role is viable for PvE and PvP?

Does it compare to the marauder ie, any sort of damage the juggernaut can do, a marauder can do it better?

Will op / flashpoint heavy loots mostly be geared toward tank jugs, forcing dps to also compete with marauders for medium?
While I played a Jugg in the first beta weekend, I found a nice set of DPS Heavy armor for the level by re modding. I see they are changing the modding system, so I dont know if you will still be able to do it. Crafted armor is the way to go if you can keep up with the mats. being able to send 3 of your non-used companions on gathering missions while you quest and level up is amazing.
Intel i7 EE 980x CPU @ 3.33ghz (6 core w/ HT). 2 x GTX 570 in SLI. 12GB Corsair DDR3 RAM. 120GB Intel SSD. Asus Rampage III Mobo. FiOS 35MB Upload and Download speed. No Lag Anywhere.

LordZarth
12.15.2011 , 10:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by supson View Post

I played a Juggernaught to 50 across 2 builds, and I can say that the dps specs (vengenance mostly, but rage as well) was inferior to the marauder in pure DPS. The statement that Bioware made about "all classes, builds will be viable" is simply not true, yet. I think eventually melee dps as a whole will catch up, but it simply will not function as well as a ranged dps spec, no matter which one it is.

I played both PVE and PVP, and although I would finish in the top 5 in the PVP stats (huttball mostly), I just felt that I couldn't hang with the rest of the classes. I will say that the DPS Jugg is fun to play in PVE though, well it was before the last 2 builds of beta when the upp'd the damage of NPC's by a lot, then I found that if i didn't have my healing companion I was toast.
"His abilities have made him...well.. arrogant"
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability"

DustomaticGXC
12.15.2011 , 12:41 PM | #8
Equal in performance? That's literally impossible unless the "tank/healer/dps" monikers are completely arbitrary. And if they aren't, pure dps classes are at a severe disadvantage.
Don't act like you didn't see this coming.

DustomaticGXC
12.15.2011 , 02:15 PM | #9
Equal in performance? That's literally impossible unless the "tank/healer/dps" monikers are completely arbitrary. And if they aren't, pure dps classes are at a severe disadvantage.
Don't act like you didn't see this coming.

Lauraliane
12.15.2011 , 09:10 PM | #10
That statement sounds very dumb to me if it is true. Saying that a pure DPS class will be equal to another Pure DPS class is ok (Like Marauder and Sniper)

But saying that a class that can fill both Tank and DPS or Heal and DPS can DPS as good as a pure dps class is dumb.

Dual Speccing would simply kill those class altogether, making them less versatile and overall uninteresting.