Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Transfer - Pointless

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Character Transfer - Pointless

Andryah
06.25.2013 , 09:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ClamTheDuckDown View Post
Andryah, I'm starting think that you're an EA employee. a quick glimpse at your post history tells me that you're on the forum all day everyday jumping on every thread complaining about the game to defend Bioware.
Actually I am on the forums for an hour or two at a time several times a day, while doing other things on my computer. Many topics I never comment on at all. And if you read my post history with care and attention, you will find that I do not agree with everything Bioware does, nor how the game works.

Right now you are just channeling tin foil... I guess because I gave you a strong debate on your demand for flat fee transfer of characters. Nothing I wrote to you was personal, so please refrain from come at me with personal ad hominems.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

ClamTheDuckDown
06.25.2013 , 09:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
And please, stop with the ad hominem character assassination attempts.
Really? Didn't you call me a whiner pretending to give BW feedback while actually demanding free stuff on another thread about character transfer? It's not a coincidence when so many people call you out on this.

I think OP has a legitimate question here. Unless you have you're a BW employee yourself, your guess is as good as everyone else's. Until we see an official response from BW, we can only reason with each other about the most likely cause of this restriction. So far, technical difficulty has been ruled out.

Solloby
06.25.2013 , 09:26 PM | #13
They're working on it, there's a dev post about it here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...55#post6409055

So it's coming eventually.

ChuangTzu
06.25.2013 , 09:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
And please, stop with the ad hominem character assassination attempts.
I will when when you give up your trolling of any 'negative' thread that is posted on these forums. You set yourself up for it.

Oh and copies to the PTS are 'on demand' and are only 1 ways for an obvious reason.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

ChuangTzu
06.25.2013 , 09:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Solloby View Post
They're working on it, there's a dev post about it here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...55#post6409055

And it's not a tech issue as I have been saying!
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

ClamTheDuckDown
06.25.2013 , 09:30 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Solloby View Post

Thanks for the link. And from the post: "....as you saw with APAC it isn't a tech limitation."

So there, no wire this or wire that difficulty BS.

Andryah
06.25.2013 , 09:30 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
I will when when you give up your trolling of any 'negative' thread that is posted on these forums. You set yourself up for it.
LOL.. more ad hominem. Priceless.

Darth_Moonshadow
06.25.2013 , 09:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ClamTheDuckDown View Post
Really? Didn't you call me a whiner pretending to give BW feedback while actually demanding free stuff on another thread about character transfer? It's not a coincidence when so many people call you out on this.
Actually, when people call her an EA employee, that usually means that Andryah has kicked their butts with logic and a superior understanding of how the gaming world works, but rather than try to debate further, they will simply call her a shill and think that they are the victor.

But to everyone else, we know that person's argument failed hard.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Andryah
06.25.2013 , 09:33 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
And it's not a tech issue as I have been saying!
Context is important when making such claims.

In context.. he was saying that the technological abilities exist. Well DERP! You must also actually code, and wire and debug and complete each server connection so that it works. What is done for one farm =/= done for another farm.

The problem is.. you use the term "tech" as your base reason for everything, in very broad brush and dismissive manner. You know what... the code, and communications interconnections between server farms is also tech and is also required for each connection point. And it all must be built for each and every connection. APAC to EU =/= APAC to NA, or EU to NA or vice versa. They are all different and all must be built. In the case of APAC moves... it could be cheap, simple, and hardwired for one time use and discard. And of course one way connections are simpler then bilateral many point connections.

Anyone with even limited understanding of how communications works in the internet knows all of this.

ClamTheDuckDown
06.25.2013 , 09:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Actually, when people call her an EA employee, that usually means that Andryah has kicked their butts with logic and a superior understanding of how the gaming world works, but rather than try to debate further, they will simply call her a shill and think that they are the victor.

But to everyone else, we know that person's argument failed hard.
I think many people use the phrase "Are you en employee of company X" as a sarcastic rhetoric to point out a fanboy. However, we're way off-topic here. I think the link provided above pretty much ended this thread.