Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Agent story. Angry and speechless.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Agent story. Angry and speechless.

Kaisernick
07.04.2013 , 07:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I'm a huge fan of the agent story (I've probably said that 1000 times on this forum and also the fact that I've leveled 3 of them :P). I'd probably just play "Star Wars: The Imperial Agent".

I think Consular gets a bad rap, still. I played Consular after having played a few other classes, and I actually liked it a lot. First chapter is the least interesting, but it all really comes together in the last chapter with some really amazing emotional moments.
Have to agree on the Consular Story, i grunted and pushed through chapter 1 and i really didnt like it but then all of a sudden were playing Diplomat and negotiator i felt much like Obi wan and then the whole sith thing the consular turned out to be one of my favorites.

Surprisingly i found the worst to be Inquisitor , it starts out good then goes off course then BAM here is your powerbase, not the palpatine slow rise i hoped for IMO.

My very first character was a Agent and it is the only class ive played through 3 times and never got fed up.

lwsupremacy
07.04.2013 , 08:38 PM | #22
I agree with what others have said. Although I've enjoyed most of the class stories (to various degrees) the agent is the only one that really blew me away. By chapter three I was just ignoring all my side quests and frantically doing class stuff to find out what would happen next. It's probably the only class that made me really question some of my choices as well. Massive kudos to the writer who made that story happen!

jasonthelamb
07.05.2013 , 05:19 AM | #23
Having played through the Warrior, Knight, Agent, and Gunslinger stories - I can say that I feel the Agent story was the best of them - I feel like the Republic side stories tried to be too heroic, or just didn't link you in well - the smuggler especially, randomly you just become "part of the republic" with no real reasoning.

I think the Republic side stories also got more attention (especially Jedi Knight), and because they did that - it actually made them worse, they just control the story so much, and you don't make many choices that come back in the end to be good/bad, which the agent did - like it was said early on, the agent story actually made me stop and think a few times, whereas the Warrior I just said "kill em" and the Knight I just said "save 'em" and went on with my day.

AlrikFassbauer
07.07.2013 , 04:21 AM | #24
I wish the Jedi Shadow would have been similar to an Agent. He still feels to me that way, and the Shadow class is imho in *no* way connected to that to the Sage. To me, the differences are far greater than between Jedi Sentinel & Guardian.

In my opinion, putting both Sage & Shadow into ONE class story was a great mistake. They are so much different ... But perhaps it's only me seeing it this way, since no-one here ever complained about it.

Maybe I'm too sensitive for this world, RL, I mean.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Lunafox
07.11.2013 , 01:40 AM | #25
Agent blew me away, SW and JK were awesome too. The others fall in the middle in varying degrees of goodness, but, I still firmly believe that Consular is the most boring, snore worthy story in the whole game. It feels like actual work, having to force yourself to do this story, its that bland. Honeslty, I don't know how people can like this, its devoid of decent action, so few flirts you may as well be a nun/monk...and the romance you do get is BORING. Zenith is so much more awesome for the Lady Consular. I was totally bummed that we couldn't get him. I'm hoping that will change in the future. It would spruce the experience up a bit.
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~May the Force be with you, always!~

bright_ephemera
07.11.2013 , 10:17 AM | #26
Agent was by far my favorite. There are only three weaknesses I can think of:

Spoiler

Otherwise, the Sith Warrior had some excellent character moments and very distinct Light vs. Dark progressions; apart from that one extremely poorly handled Incident I thought it was very good. Jedi Knight was solid and traditional, and that's not a bad thing. Smuggler and Trooper both had great Act 1s with personal grudges to pursue; both weakened after that. The Consular had a distinctive feel with all the guests on board; it didn't really grab me but I appreciated the change of pace. The Agent was just awesome.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Elear
07.12.2013 , 04:04 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirandel View Post
But the story is very, very different and stands out among all of them. I would say more resources was spend on it as well.
This was my exact thought when I saw Agent class story on Quesh. I hate that planet, main storyline seems unfinished, none of quests there ever gave any affection to any companion I tried, so I always assumed it was just extra thrown in planet. Especially since all class quests there were so bland. "Oh hey, we've just heard there is something/someone you have to do/rescue/kill on Quesh, go get it, and we will never mention it again". Trooper? "We didn't manage to pull out this team in time, yo go do it" Smuggler? "Some guys sent SOS, go at them" For almost all classes you could remove Quesh quest and story wouldn't suffer at all(OK, I think SW had pretty impactfull q here, but it also could be done anywhere, no special link to planet at all). But Agent is only class that can't go on without that quest, and that quest has real reasons to happen on quesh.
So it seems quit likely that this whole planet was created primarly for his storyline.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mirandel View Post
Oh, and Scorpio alone would be enough to win the competition of "best crew" in the game.
This is another thing that pisses me off in other classes. Multitude of companions that are here because they have nothing better to do, or simply because they are military and were assigned here, but aside from that have absolutely no reason to be here. Pierce and Broonamrk. Akavari. Doc and Rusk. Andronikos. Skadge. Both 'soldiers' on Consular. Even if Vector links are pretty weak he's somewhat used in story outside his planet, and you actually have reson to accept Temple. It's not only agent that has it 'good', Trooper crew also all has reason to be here, maybe even better reasons. But fact that Agent has hsi whole crew reasonably involved in his story is another piece of "got more work done on it"

It's not that other classes are bad, but when you see how much better they could have been, yeah. Not nice.

AlrikFassbauer
07.12.2013 , 05:28 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
This was my exact thought when I saw Agent class story on Quesh. I hate that planet, main storyline seems unfinished, none of quests there ever gave any affection to any companion I tried, so I always assumed it was just extra thrown in planet.

[...]

But Agent is only class that can't go on without that quest, and that quest has real reasons to happen on quesh.
So it seems quit likely that this whole planet was created primarly for his storyline.

This is another thing that pisses me off in other classes. Multitude of companions that are here because they have nothing better to do, or simply because they are military and were assigned here, but aside from that have absolutely no reason to be here.

[...]

But fact that Agent has hsi whole crew reasonably involved in his story is another piece of "got more work done on it"

It's not that other classes are bad, but when you see how much better they could have been, yeah. Not nice.
This is even more proof for me for my "favouritism" thesis.

They could at least have exchanged ideas among the writers.

And, yes, a whole planet created exclusively for one class ? If not, then either the writer was very good or the other writers were rather bad, in terms of integrating a story line into a planet (or vice versa), but in the end it just makes me angry.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

PlasmaJohn
07.12.2013 , 08:03 AM | #29
Finished JK, SW, Smuggler and Agent stories so far. JK & SW are really good stories but just a bit too cliche. The Smuggler's story is a bit weak but has the best dialog. Agent story is just pure awesome.

Only to be completely invalidated by the Makeb opener

Audiva - Cogohi - Malkerson - Mysalia - OIejandro - Roxiani - Szachi
Aldriovok - Jubelee - Korduun - Mikkiani - Ojain - Oromunroe - Ryliani

Mirandel
07.12.2013 , 05:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
They could at least have exchanged ideas among the writers.
Unfortunately they did Though, probably not in a way you meant it. I happen to play Smuggler story back to back with agent. And seeing re-use of the same location and same idea (with worse implementation) added a lot to my disappointment with the smugglers story.
Spoiler

To be honest, Smugglers story feels to me like Hall Hood (the author of smuggler's and JK story) abandoned smuggler after Chapter 1, and the rest was a badly combined ideas from Agent"s and BH stories. Or like everyone added something without revising the result. (Sorry, just finished it and venting my disappointment. Truly you have to play the Agent last, or you will find too many flaws in the rest of the stories)