Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Macroeconomics
06.26.2013 , 12:30 PM | #81
The problem with Recruit gear is that people didn't wear it. They'd sell it and then show up in warzones with pure pve gear and handicap their team. When called out on it, the typical reaction was "I don't care".

The solution is simple. I've suggested it many times before and it is mentioned repeatedly in this thread. Change any item worn in a warzone to equal the corresponding Partisan item with a -2 End modifier if it has less expertise than the Partisan item. If an item worn had expertise equal (or better) than Partisan, then it works with it's native stats. Simple. Non-exploitable. Easy for the player base to understand.

Vratza
06.26.2013 , 12:42 PM | #82
Get rid of the difference in armor. Like SWG had it. 1 set of armor for the entire game. Then it is about mods and skill, for PVP and PVE.

RyanReagan
06.26.2013 , 12:45 PM | #83
I don't understand why people get so upset over there not being enough gear difference.

You know, you could just be good so gear doesn't matter....
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

L-RANDLE
06.26.2013 , 12:57 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Vratza View Post
Get rid of the difference in armor. Like SWG had it. 1 set of armor for the entire game. Then it is about mods and skill, for PVP and PVE.
A much better approach is to eliminate all stats on PVP gear except for EXP. Lower the number, and instead of it being a static replacement of bolster, make it additive, so a whole set improves EXP around 5% over bolstered add a second tier that is 6% over. Voila. PVP progression without curbstomping.....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

BoushhDC
06.26.2013 , 01:11 PM | #85
I did extensive testing yesterday (until my head was 'bout to 'splode) comparing my Conq. gear with *some* crafted gear. I say "some" because there is no crafted purple 54 off-hand weapon with Aim on it. So I did have the crafted purple ear, impl.x2, and mainhand weap. As is typical for me, sometimes I could take screenshots inside WZs and other times I couldn't. (Frustrating and intermittent bug which results in pages and pages of quickly scribbled down stats).

Post patch with crafted items: Expertise - 1954

RANGED:
Damage (Pri) - 1364-1849
Bonus Dmg - 798.9
Crit Chance - 27.95%
Crit Multi - 75.52
Health - 28994

TECH:
Bonus Dmg - 1351.8
Bonus Heals - 952.6
Crit Chance - 28.47
Crit Multi - 75.52

PVP:
Dmg Boost - 58.10%
Dmg Redux - 36.75
Heal Boost - 19.74

Now substituted with Conq mainhand weapon (Again, Conq. offhand used throughout), and Conq Implants (2) and Conq earpiece: Expertise - 2018

RANGED:
Damage (Pri) - 1378-1863
Bonus Dmg - 812.6
Crit Chance - 26.00%
Crit Multi - 73.85
Health - 31209

TECH:
Bonus Dmg - 1365.4
Bonus Heals - 960.1
Crit Chance - 26.52
Crit Multi - 73.85

PVP:
Dmg Boost - 60%
Dmg Redux - 37.5
Heal Boost - 20.38

I plan to optimize my weapon's item modifications as well as some of those in my armor, but in my estimation, the Conq gear is superior to the crafted, and that's before one factors in the expertise bonuses (both damage and mitigation).
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu

Altheran
06.26.2013 , 01:13 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
A much better approach is to eliminate all stats on PVP gear except for EXP. Lower the number, and instead of it being a static replacement of bolster, make it additive, so a whole set improves EXP around 5% over bolstered add a second tier that is 6% over. Voila. PVP progression without curbstomping.....
A set without stat, meaning that used outside of PvP it's like being totally naked ?

And meaning that base damage of abilities will be decided by stats coming from other sources, meaning someone with all datacrons and stims will have a huge advantage ? (lower the unbuffed stats are, the higher the advantage given by the buff is).

And meaning that all DPS/Healing specs which don't have increased crit chances in their tree and rely on crit proc will be dead specs because their crit chances will be extremely low ?

And meaning that tanks will be again totally obsolete, as they are fully dependent of ratings such as shielding and absorb in order to be effective ?

Hum... no thanks.

DariusCalera
06.26.2013 , 01:35 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by BoushhDC View Post
I plan to optimize my weapon's item modifications as well as some of those in my armor, but in my estimation, the Conq gear is superior to the crafted, and that's before one factors in the expertise bonuses (both damage and mitigation).
Still makes it better than Partisan which it should not be.

L-RANDLE
06.26.2013 , 02:23 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
A set without stat, meaning that used outside of PvP it's like being totally naked ?

And meaning that base damage of abilities will be decided by stats coming from other sources, meaning someone with all datacrons and stims will have a huge advantage ? (lower the unbuffed stats are, the higher the advantage given by the buff is).

And meaning that all DPS/Healing specs which don't have increased crit chances in their tree and rely on crit proc will be dead specs because their crit chances will be extremely low ?

And meaning that tanks will be again totally obsolete, as they are fully dependent of ratings such as shielding and absorb in order to be effective ?

Hum... no thanks.
Wait man.... You are jumping to conclusions, but I should have been more clear... Yes a set stat add. Bolster already adjust the stats that matter. If you are low or high in any area bolster adjusts accordingly...

Instead if the dumb *** dye slot, EXP module slot with set bonus. Remove EXP from all mods/arm/enh. Make them two tiers below top tier pve.

This way you still have progression, but the floor and ceiling are now clearly defined, and raiders are still at a slight disadvantage..
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Typeslice
06.26.2013 , 02:25 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
while this was true, the solution would have obviously been to create a mk3 set of recruit gear that was better suited to allow new players to be competitive? not to come up with this ridiculousness that is bolster
That doesn't solve the bigger issue that any entry level pvp gear set inherently has - people just not using it. Even if they made it respectable, you'd still have people who wouldn't wear it, would queue with no expertise and hurt their groups. Some form of bolster is needed for non-ranked pvp, but has no place/role in ranked.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

BoushhDC
06.26.2013 , 02:37 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Still makes it better than Partisan which it should not be.
I skipped partisan altogether from the very beginning because A) I could see the stats were crappy even before anyone knew of any alternatives and B) I didn't want to spend the money augmenting crap gear that I would be dumping ASAP just to have to start all over with Conq. I just kept what I had: PvE-ized Elite War Hero, and replaced it with Conq. directly (and I kept some of the armor pieces in my inventory until I had enough for set bonuses). Of course, I did this from the beginning of when the cap was raised & new gear tiers were introduced, so everyone was in the same boat/gear race.

That having been said, the gearing alternatives are well known at this point for those new to the 55 bracket (whether main or alts). Altogether, the differences between the tiers is nominal. Do I like having the full set? Sure. Personally, I like the mini-game (as someone put it) of min-maxing my gear.
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu