Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

announcerharris
07.02.2013 , 11:49 AM | #131
The idea for fixing bolster below is not mine; I saw it in one of the original threads about bolster from 2.0 but cannot find the thread to give the original poster credit. In any case, it's an idea worth reviving. It is so beautiful in its simplicity and if it could be implemented, would be impossible to exploit.

Check to see if a piece of gear has expertise.
- If yes, do nothing.
- If no, then simply have that gear slot set to the desired bolster power level (5-10% worse than partisan). Don't try to adjust the stats already there - just override it with given stats. For example, somebody enters a warzone with a mainhand that has strength and crit. It doesn't matter what the numbers actually are - just override them and give them stats in that slot 5-10% worse than a partisan mainhand with strength meant for dps.

If the system gives back stats that aren't exactly what the player wanted...oh well. The person will still be competitive but will also have the incentive to get PvP gear.

I love the idea behind bolster - maybe it doesn't belong in rated play or the competitive arenas which are (hopefully!!) coming in the future, but it absolutely has made the unranked warzone experience better (bugs/exploits aside). I'm terrified, though, to see what is going to happen when we get a new tier of PvP gear and everything has to be rebalanced.
Phalcon hopes you Have A Nice Day!

L-RANDLE
07.02.2013 , 01:42 PM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
this.

its getting insulting at this point. a PvE gearing bug would not last a week, let alone 3 months.

remove if from 55, give everyone free Recruit gear mk3 that is 5-10% worse than Partisan gear. allow crafters to make a set of armor that is slightly better than Recruit mk3 gear if you want crafters to be part of the PvP gearing process. but get bolster out of 55s. it sucks.

the concept was very, very good. yet for some reason the devs have made it the most convoluted and complicated thing ive seen in an MMO. nobody knows how it really works, not even you guys. so please get rid of it.
I think a better option would he to make craftable recruit level mods/arm/enh. Then players can still keep there own look ,and theoretically eliminate the augmenting recruit gear problem... Make it like level 62 purple and have the same EXP as all the other PVP ones and nerf all the other stats maybe 2%-3% lower than Conq per slot..
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

revcrisis
07.02.2013 , 01:45 PM | #133
With every new set of gear, with every new piece of equipment introduced in the game there will be PVP-breaking bolster bugs and exploits. Whether its augments, enhacements, campaign hilts, crafted gear, level 54 implants....there's just too many variables to cover all bolster mechanics properly. Here we are, 3 months down the line from the 2.0 launch and Bioware still has not figured out how to fix their broken system.

Flayrex
07.02.2013 , 02:00 PM | #134
Well what do you expect? Bioware's 5 employees cannot fix anything. They do not test their game, their code is ****ed up EVERY patch, I can go on and on.
Dovah'sah / Dovah'drem
Regulators
Officer

wildcoast
07.02.2013 , 02:04 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
I think a better option would he to make craftable recruit level mods/arm/enh. Then players can still keep there own look ,and theoretically eliminate the augmenting recruit gear problem... Make it like level 62 purple and have the same EXP as all the other PVP ones and nerf all the other stats maybe 2%-3% lower than Partisan per slot..
Fixed...
Trooper Thavious
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

TUXs
07.02.2013 , 02:06 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I have passed this on to the combat guys for investigation as it appears the bolster bug wasn't fully addressed. I apologize as I actually did this last week and thought I posted about it, but apparently I didn't!

Either way, it is in the combat teams hands for investigation as we speak and as soon as I have exact details I will pass them back on to you!

-eric
Hmmm...this sounds so familiar...haven't you already passed this on to them in previous replies? They seem to investigate quite a bit without ever really accomplishing anything. I could have sworn that this was meant to be fixed several times now...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Boch
07.02.2013 , 02:24 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by announcerharris View Post
The idea for fixing bolster below is not mine; I saw it in one of the original threads about bolster from 2.0 but cannot find the thread to give the original poster credit. In any case, it's an idea worth reviving. It is so beautiful in its simplicity and if it could be implemented, would be impossible to exploit.

Check to see if a piece of gear has expertise.
- If yes, do nothing.
- If no, then simply have that gear slot set to the desired bolster power level (5-10% worse than partisan). Don't try to adjust the stats already there - just override it with given stats. For example, somebody enters a warzone with a mainhand that has strength and crit. It doesn't matter what the numbers actually are - just override them and give them stats in that slot 5-10% worse than a partisan mainhand with strength meant for dps.

If the system gives back stats that aren't exactly what the player wanted...oh well. The person will still be competitive but will also have the incentive to get PvP gear.

I love the idea behind bolster - maybe it doesn't belong in rated play or the competitive arenas which are (hopefully!!) coming in the future, but it absolutely has made the unranked warzone experience better (bugs/exploits aside). I'm terrified, though, to see what is going to happen when we get a new tier of PvP gear and everything has to be rebalanced.
Every time I read any post that says something along these lines it makes me want to rip my hair out. Because its so simple, it would work, it allows for easy adjustments for new tiers of gear and BW is too stupid to do it.
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.

Pistols
07.02.2013 , 02:38 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Hmmm...this sounds so familiar...
About 5 or 6 times familiar...team is a joke.

Can't wait for that S.D cantina dealy...I plan to have some fun.

Crawelc
07.02.2013 , 02:40 PM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
About 5 or 6 times familiar...team is a joke.

Can't wait for that S.D cantina dealy...I plan to have some fun.
Your gonna get kicked off the premises as soon as you say "as a pvp player"
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Pistols
07.02.2013 , 02:42 PM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Your gonna get kicked off the premises as soon as you say "as a pvp player"
Naw, I plan on rolling into the bar with fully augmented crafted purple 54's and a matrix cube in my hand...

I got this!