Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pistols
07.02.2013 , 10:31 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
LOL, so true. I'm pretty sure I am the most forgiving / understanding SWTOR players around but I have very low regard for the folks responsible for PvP bolster. Sure, everyone makes mistakes but the stubborn refusal to flush endgame bolster down the toilet where it belongs and the resulting slow motion train wreck is sad.

TANGENT: is there a post somewhere that clearly lays out the goals of endgame bolster? Given my experience in the huttball grabbing macro thread I realize that BW and I have very different concepts of clearly laid out.

Presumably one of these would be:
  • Using a bolstered PvE item should never be better than using the corresponding Partizan item
Just tired of seeing garbage development by amatuers; here's a thought for your team, feel free to pass it on Eric...

If you want to introduce Bolster to the highest bracket, develop a working bolster first.

MY MIND IS BLOWN AT SUCH A RELEVATION....

Octagon
07.02.2013 , 10:32 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Many of us, are not surprised...remove this crap from 55's, your team has proven they can't execute this with any amount of developmental skill.

Sry Eric, 3 months of this is old.

At this point I agree completely. It's better to take a beat down for a week or two while gearing up than keep playing under a broken system.
Rokstag

"My Eyes have seen what they've seen, My hands have done what they've done" - Leo Kruger

Pistols
07.02.2013 , 10:34 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Octagon View Post
At this point I agree completely. It's better to take a beat down for a week or two while gearing up than keep playing under a broken system.
But that's not why they gave Bolster to 55's....they gave it to the PvE'ers who are too lazy to get their own gear.

Bolster wasn't for PvP'ers...but for the carebears.

cashogy_reborn
07.02.2013 , 10:41 AM | #124
Many of us, are not surprised...remove this crap from 55's, your team has proven they can't execute this with any amount of developmental skill.

Sry Eric, 3 months of this is old.
this.

its getting insulting at this point. a PvE gearing bug would not last a week, let alone 3 months.

remove if from 55, give everyone free Recruit gear mk3 that is 5-10% worse than Partisan gear. allow crafters to make a set of armor that is slightly better than Recruit mk3 gear if you want crafters to be part of the PvP gearing process. but get bolster out of 55s. it sucks.

the concept was very, very good. yet for some reason the devs have made it the most convoluted and complicated thing ive seen in an MMO. nobody knows how it really works, not even you guys. so please get rid of it.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

cashogy_reborn
07.02.2013 , 10:43 AM | #125
Just tired of seeing garbage development by amatuers; here's a thought for your team, feel free to pass it on Eric...

If you want to introduce Bolster to the highest bracket, develop a working bolster first.

MY MIND IS BLOWN AT SUCH A RELEVATION....

this game is an open beta pistols...

its actually a pretty common thing now, for open beta to be treated as a live game in order to generate cash flow. ive been playing Mech Warrior: Online which is the same kind of thing.
The King of Bads

Technohic
07.02.2013 , 10:44 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
this game is an open beta pistols...

its actually a pretty common thing now, for open beta to be treated as a live game in order to generate cash flow. ive been playing Mech Warrior: Online which is the same kind of thing.
LOL Im a founder over there yet I haven played for a few months. They are at least pretty open about it when you are going in.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

DarthOvertone
07.02.2013 , 11:03 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

I have passed this on to the combat guys for investigation as it appears the bolster bug wasn't fully addressed. I apologize as I actually did this last week and thought I posted about it, but apparently I didn't!
Much thanks for your help Eric, but at this point, I'm of the decided opinion that the Bug is Bolster, not that Bolster has bugs.

Anyway, cheers and thanks again. You seem to be the only BW employee that actually reads the PvP Forums and I'm very appreciative of that.

Bolster wasn't for PvP'ers...but for the carebears.
Game...Set...Match.
Conqueror Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphawood - Guardian | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

SomeJagoff
07.02.2013 , 11:06 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I have passed this on to the combat guys for investigation as it appears the bolster bug wasn't fully addressed. I apologize as I actually did this last week and thought I posted about it, but apparently I didn't!

Either way, it is in the combat teams hands for investigation as we speak and as soon as I have exact details I will pass them back on to you!

-eric
=\

/5char
Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

SomeJagoff
07.02.2013 , 11:08 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Much thanks for your help Eric, but at this point, I'm of the decided opinion that the Bug is Bolster, not that Bolster has bugs.
lol, that reminds me of Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines

Spoiler

rofl!

But yeah, =/
Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

cashogy_reborn
07.02.2013 , 11:10 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
LOL Im a founder over there yet I haven played for a few months. They are at least pretty open about it when you are going in.
yea im a founder too, hadnt played in like 9 months until a few days ago. its pretty fun, and isnt costing me any money which is always nice.
The King of Bads