Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Pvp bolster not fixed. Hurry up Titan.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Avicii
06.28.2013 , 07:57 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post

Why bother? Lol... Show some SS of you being at cap with PvE gear on...

Expertise isn't the only thing that matters in PVP either. What is you HP? My guess around 24K.... If you are a casual, fine, but if you actually want to have the best performance you need PVP gear...
This... People are saying bolster is too complicated but really it looks like part of the community isn't too bright and actually having to think about secondary stats, main stats and expertise is just too much work. They are getting close to having it all sorted out, it will be PvP gear > PvE gear and you can trade in certain PvE piece to augment secondary stats at am expertise and like endurance trade off.

Now maybe they could make a bolster stats screen or something so you don't have to enter a WZ to see how it is altering your stats but right now just join a WZ and switch pieces around as many have done in this thread. Have a good weekend everyone!

saido
06.28.2013 , 10:46 AM | #112
I'll do an SS later this evening. It should be easy to replicate. Wear PVE gear in the L50 region and have 'zero-expertise'.

I recall the Dev's said not to mix / match PVE / PVP gear; and this still seems to be true. I'm sure other PVE'rs are finding the same thing 2018 Expertise. My health is probably around 24K, though remember I'm nowhere near geared.

I upgraded to a 25 purple barrel, it added about 96 pts of damage and didn't effect my 2018.

Here's the advantage for capped out PVE, is you can focus on other stats, primaries and secondaries. I don't know how my damage compares to others (L52 and undergeared but bolstered), FWIW:

Primary Damage: 944-1398
Expertise: 2018
PVP Boost: 60%
PVP Damage Reduc: 37.5%
PVP Healing: 20.83%

These are my stats using two expertise +41 barrels as my only experrtise

Damage: 978-1302
Expertise: 1718
PVP Boost: 51.08%
PVP Damage Reduc: 33.81%
PVP Healing: 17.35%

It's a big difference. Maybe with full PVP gear it'll improve but the main stats and secondaries would have to exceed PVE gear, if I stay capped at 2018?
- Saido -
Saido (Bounty Hunter) | Geden (Marauder) | Arkada (Sniper)
REIGN

L-RANDLE
06.28.2013 , 11:49 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by saido View Post
I'll do an SS later this evening. It should be easy to replicate. Wear PVE gear in the L50 region and have 'zero-expertise'.

I recall the Dev's said not to mix / match PVE / PVP gear; and this still seems to be true. I'm sure other PVE'rs are finding the same thing 2018 Expertise. My health is probably around 24K, though remember I'm nowhere near geared.

I upgraded to a 25 purple barrel, it added about 96 pts of damage and didn't effect my 2018.

Here's the advantage for capped out PVE, is you can focus on other stats, primaries and secondaries. I don't know how my damage compares to others (L52 and undergeared but bolstered), FWIW:

Primary Damage: 944-1398
Expertise: 2018
PVP Boost: 60%
PVP Damage Reduc: 37.5%
PVP Healing: 20.83%

These are my stats using two expertise +41 barrels as my only experrtise

Damage: 978-1302
Expertise: 1718
PVP Boost: 51.08%
PVP Damage Reduc: 33.81%
PVP Healing: 17.35%

It's a big difference. Maybe with full PVP gear it'll improve but the main stats and secondaries would have to exceed PVE gear, if I stay capped at 2018?
Like I thought... PVP gear has HP around 30k and better damage ratings.

Besides that, if you are in OW with no PVP gear, good luck....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

BoushhDC
06.28.2013 , 12:10 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by saido View Post
These are my stats using two expertise +41 barrels as my only experrtise...
Just to note that BW also said that in WZs under the affects of bolster, having mixed PvP and PvE item modifications in a single item (in this case, just having Expertise on the barrel), you're actually gimping yourself, to paraphrase. Also in your case, this is x2 since you did it on both weapons.
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu

EricMusco
07.02.2013 , 10:02 AM | #115 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

I have passed this on to the combat guys for investigation as it appears the bolster bug wasn't fully addressed. I apologize as I actually did this last week and thought I posted about it, but apparently I didn't!

Either way, it is in the combat teams hands for investigation as we speak and as soon as I have exact details I will pass them back on to you!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pistols
07.02.2013 , 10:04 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I have passed this on to the combat guys for investigation as it appears the bolster bug wasn't fully addressed.
Many of us, are not surprised...remove this crap from 55's, your team has proven they can't execute this with any amount of developmental skill.

Sry Eric, 3 months of this is old.

funkiestj
07.02.2013 , 10:14 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Many of us, are not surprised...remove this crap from 55's, your team has proven they can't execute this with any amount of developmental skill.

Sry Eric, 3 months of this is old.
LOL, so true. I'm pretty sure I am the most forgiving / understanding SWTOR players around but I have very low regard for the folks responsible for PvP bolster. Sure, everyone makes mistakes but the stubborn refusal to flush endgame bolster down the toilet where it belongs and the resulting slow motion train wreck is sad.

TANGENT: is there a post somewhere that clearly lays out the goals of endgame bolster? Given my experience in the huttball grabbing macro thread I realize that BW and I have very different concepts of clearly laid out.

Presumably one of these would be:
  • Using a bolstered PvE item should never be better than using the corresponding Partizan item

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

BrunoLogan
07.02.2013 , 10:20 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
  • Using a bolstered PvE item should never be better than using the corresponding Partizan item
This, if by "corresponding" you mean same slot and not same item level. By any means should a PvE item, whatever the item level, should be better than Partisan. If it's an item of superior level, it should be scaled down stats wise in order to never be better than any PvP gear!

Technohic
07.02.2013 , 10:26 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by BrunoLogan View Post
This, if by "corresponding" you mean same slot and not same item level. By any means should a PvE item, whatever the item level, should be better than Partisan. If it's an item of superior level, it should be scaled down stats wise in order to never be better than any PvP gear!
They should have done that all along. If you are wearing partisan item or greater, then no bolster. If you are not wearing at least partisan, stats are hard set to partisan level expertise and -5% to other stats from where they would be in partisan gear. That gets tricky when considering which set the class would be wearing, but I suggest a bse partisan stat per class. Optimization would not be an option for bolstered players.
Quote: Originally Posted by proverbs 26:4
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him.

BrunoLogan
07.02.2013 , 10:29 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
They should have done that all along. If you are wearing partisan item or greater, then no bolster. If you are not wearing at least partisan, stats are hard set to partisan level expertise and -5% other stats
That and removing bolster from RWZ. Doesn't make any sense having bolster on ranked. If you queue for ranked the expected is to have PvP gear. If you don't: too bad for you!