Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar Fur Color 1 Changed?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pagy
06.25.2013 , 05:49 PM | #31
this is pure ******** it now looks terrible and i have to pay money to fix it?

SithKoriandr
06.25.2013 , 05:56 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Its interesting how some people react to a bug like this.

Some react the way one would think they should. By reporting it in a calm, collected manner and some even including visuals to show the bug.
Others take it as some sort of personal insult to their mothers and throw a hissy fit.
And some freak out completely and actually spend money on changing their characters skin with the appearance kiosk, which most likely means they will have to change it again once the bug is fixed (since it seems to be two skintones that have been accidentally switched)
Yeah. Spend real money to get the look you want, have to spend real money (for some) to unlock the race because it's not always on GTN at a price you can afford with in game creds...always best to just say "Oh well. Things happen."

If people just reported the bug calmly, do you think it would get priority? You know, like all those other bugs that have been reported and still not fixed on items people have paid real money for?

I'm still not happy that my Smugglers outfit got changed from Black to Grey in a patch, but since I didn't pay real money for it, I'm sure it's more of a "You're out of luck." area
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Blackavaar
06.25.2013 , 05:59 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by HaoZhao View Post
Unless 2.2.2 is tomorrow morning, this is unacceptable. Imagine if this happened to non-white human characters. Imagine if all dark skinned humans became white because of a bug. It would be fixed immediately. In an MMO, players customization is among the most important issues. Turning all of our Cathar characters clown-white is a disaster and it needs to be fixed ASAP, please. I don't want to have to wait 2-4 weeks for this to be resolved and I would appreciate it if the development team could schedule in a quick 1 hour downtime to fix this right away tomorrow morning or even the day after. Please do not make us wait weeks for this fix.
I agree, if all the Black humans suddenly turned White this would be fixed by tomorrow morning.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

AlaricSevGirl
06.25.2013 , 06:07 PM | #34
It is completely unacceptable and if they let it sit until the next update, they are being completely irresponsible.
Lauren-Cordis, Ebon Hawk server, Galactic Security Solutions (Republic) and Ashan-arani, The Imperial Black Court (Empire).

Evalyn
06.25.2013 , 06:42 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Thanks for the reports on this, I am passing this on to be looked into right away.

-eric
My kitty changed color too :c

Angryshooter
06.25.2013 , 07:40 PM | #36
im afraid that if nothing is done by this coming monday, bioware will feel it from their present subscribers, lol.

DZid
06.25.2013 , 07:51 PM | #37
Could this not be fixed via a hotfix of some sort instead of waiting for the next full patch?

Kinda immersion breaking since i only started leveling my cathar a week ago, and so have a lot of story cutscenes ahead of me over the next couple of weeks.

[EDIT]: Just noticed now that on my trooper Aric Jorgan appears to be suffering from this to, as the lower half of his face and neck are now far paler then they used to be..

Caidas
06.25.2013 , 08:57 PM | #38
Okay so it isn't just my cathar that has gone pale. Least Bioware likes to keep things interesting :P
"For my people it's the honor and glory of battle that rules us. It's through combat that we prove our worth, gain renown and make our fortunes." - Canderous Ordo

kodrac
06.25.2013 , 10:27 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
this is pure ******** it now looks terrible and i have to pay money to fix it?
No. It's a bug. They'll fix it in an upcoming patch.

Why would you think you would have to pay money to fix it? Oh right, the fourth poster went off half-cocked. Gotcha.

Bleeters
06.26.2013 , 05:50 AM | #40
Can we get any kind of comment as to whether Aric Jorgan's change of appearance is connected to this?

I mean, I feel like some of it is related to the fur colour, but there's some general weirdness with his new face that's present on custom faces of different colours as well.