Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cathar Fur Color 1 Changed?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheronFett
06.25.2013 , 01:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Its interesting how some people react to a bug like this.
You know what, it's also interesting that this is even a problem in the first place. I've been patient with a lot of issues in this game, but when it comes to the Cartel Shop debacle, my patience has worn pretty thin. A new race never should've been a pay to unlock feature in the first place, much less changing any appearance option. Other games have barbershop type mechanics in place for that stuff where you spend IN GAME money for such changes, not REAL money.

So yeah, I'll be upset if I wanna be. They have milked this cash cow for long enough.

OddballEasyEight
06.25.2013 , 02:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
You know what, it's also interesting that this is even a problem in the first place. I've been patient with a lot of issues in this game, but when it comes to the Cartel Shop debacle, my patience has worn pretty thin. A new race never should've been a pay to unlock feature in the first place, much less changing any appearance option. Other games have barbershop type mechanics in place for that stuff where you spend IN GAME money for such changes, not REAL money.

So yeah, I'll be upset if I wanna be. They have milked this cash cow for long enough.
Wait, so you're not really upset about the bug, you are actually upset that the cathar was a cartel shop unlock and that the barber shop cost cartel coins?
Then why whine here? Why not whine in one of the threads about that instead?
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

LordArtemis
06.25.2013 , 02:06 PM | #23
That's a weird bug. I'll bet they take care of it soon.

Guys, some people feel appearance is important. It's not that surprising that a color change would upset some people.

Archdragon
06.25.2013 , 02:13 PM | #24
Im so very sad about this bug

Pretty please fix it earlier then 2.2.2

jankiel
06.25.2013 , 02:20 PM | #25
This is a joy. So if someone saw this bug and used the cash-appearance-custmisation-kiosk to change the color to the one he wanted he will need to do this again once the bug is fixed?

Trololo...

fatninja
06.25.2013 , 02:20 PM | #26
This is getting funny. There are always bugs every patch and they're always unexpected and have nothing to do with what the patch was about. Its like someone is going into the code and changing small minor things that the new patch was not suppose to touch on. Either EAware doesn't really track who changes what or someone is sabotaging this game. EAware should look into it.
/tinfoil

Angryshooter
06.25.2013 , 02:33 PM | #27
i forgot when is 2.2.2 supposed to be live, anyone refresh my memory plz?

if it is in the middle of July like i think, this is simply way too far for a fix that should be done in the next few days.

mistake's like those are hard to forgive, the ppl working at Bioware are supposed to know what they are doing.

Blackavaar
06.25.2013 , 02:40 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
This is a joy. So if someone saw this bug and used the cash-appearance-custmisation-kiosk to change the color to the one he wanted he will need to this again once the bug is fixed?

Trololo...
I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe, just maybe, they did this on purpose just to get people to use the Appearance Kiosk again. Has anyone else noticed that it's mostly vacant around there lately? Could it possibly be because no one thinks changing your hair color is worth 60 CC?

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

TheronFett
06.25.2013 , 02:59 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Wait, so you're not really upset about the bug, you are actually upset that the cathar was a cartel shop unlock and that the barber shop cost cartel coins?
Then why whine here? Why not whine in one of the threads about that instead?
You're missing the point completely.

When the Cartel Shop was going to be launched, we were told that there would be NOTHING in there that subscribers couldn't get through "normal" means in the game. We were lead to believe that CC would be for fluff items like armor, vehicles, perks, etc. And a lot of that stuff is in there. But for things like special color crystals, they were supposed to be available to subscribers via quests and the like, not exclusive to the $$$ Shop. I already pay $15/mo to have access to everything this game has to offer.

They have continued to introduce exclusive $$$ Shop items, including a new race. Throw in customization options that are free in other games and well, it tends to irritate those of us who were told otherwise. So yes, when they break something as important as my character's appearance...something I paid real money to get, which I shouldn't have had to in the first place, I'm going to complain. Not to mention the fact that this is just another QA and testing issue that probably could've been avoided in the first place.

HaoZhao
06.25.2013 , 04:37 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
This is absolutely a bug, and we have it prioritized to be fixed with Game Update 2.2.2.
Unless 2.2.2 is tomorrow morning, this is unacceptable. Imagine if this happened to non-white human characters. Imagine if all dark skinned humans became white because of a bug. It would be fixed immediately. In an MMO, players customization is among the most important issues. Turning all of our Cathar characters clown-white is a disaster and it needs to be fixed ASAP, please. I don't want to have to wait 2-4 weeks for this to be resolved and I would appreciate it if the development team could schedule in a quick 1 hour downtime to fix this right away tomorrow morning or even the day after. Please do not make us wait weeks for this fix.