Why is there no "Respecilization"?

Oteefo

That is.....being able to switch "Scoundrel" for "Gunslinger", "Vanguard" for "Commando", etc. ?

Or have I missed this someplace?

You're not missing it, it has never existed. That's why the trainer tells you it forever changes your destiny, and that once you start down that path, etc... and the pop up window tells you it' permanent, too.

Didnt miss it at all, its not in the game.

The Devs have stated that choosing your class is an important aspect of the game, and each Advanced Class acts as a different class (with shared abilities between the ACs).

So while you can respec your skills within the Advanced Class and rearranging your skills in separate trees, you cannot change your advanced class

Didnt miss it at all, its not in the game.

The Devs have stated that choosing your class is an important aspect of the game, and each Advanced Class acts as a different class (with shared abilities between the ACs).

So while you can respec your skills within the Advanced Class and rearranging your skills in separate trees, you cannot change your advanced class

It's an interesting contrast to the "respec" system in Galaxies.....where you could change professions but never species/race.

It's an interesting contrast to the "respec" system in Galaxies.....where you could change professions but never species/race.

indeed. it was different though because in swg you could only have a couple characters per server and swg didnt have class specific storylines. i think i changed classes a lot due to not having a lot of character slots.

here i just create lots of alts :p