Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shockboxing Match: Han Solo vs Boba Fett

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Shockboxing Match: Han Solo vs Boba Fett

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2013 , 04:27 PM | #1
So I was watching Rocky IV and I got a thought in my head thinking "Is there any boxing in Star Wars?" sure enough when I looked the result was Shockboxing! To give a description...

Shockboxing- Shockboxing was a violent and often dangerous sport where combatants fought each other in a ring using electrified gauntlets known as shockboxing gloves. A regulation shockboxing match was divided up into ten equal two-and-a-half minute phases, with one-minute breaks between each phase.

Shockboxing Gloves- Shockboxing gloves were a type of powered gauntlets, similar to stun gauntlets, used for the sport of shockboxing. Designed to both protect the hands of the wearer and deal damage to an opponent, shockboxing gloves emitted electricity with every blow. Unlike stun gauntlets, shockboxing gloves had variable levels of electrical outputs that ranged from a stun setting, to a light shock as often used during sparring sessions, all the way to a lethal output. Shockboxing gloves were worn two sizes smaller than their wearer normally required, a means of keeping the gloves from falling from the wearer's hands and to prevent forceful disarmament. They weighed approximately 0.4 to 0.5 kilograms on average.

Shock Level allowed for this match: Low shock to moderate.
=============

So I figured it would be interesting to see, just how Star Wars characters would do in these kinds of boxing matches. Now keep in mind, this is going to be a boxing match and i'd wager that standard boxing rules apply.

With that in mind, this match is going to include...

Han Solo- Famed Smuggler and Rebel Hero!

Body stats

Height: 1.8 meters(5'9)

Weight: 80 kilos{176 pounds)

and

Boba Fett- The notorious Bounty Hunter and Mercenary! (Edit: He has none of his armor)

Body stats

Height: 1.83 meters(6'0)

Weight: 78.2 kilos(172 pounds)
===

So folks, who do ya think wins in this boxing match? Take into account not only their bodily stats, but also envision how they would move given their backgrounds.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
06.22.2013 , 04:56 PM | #2
Does Boba Fett have his armor, or are they in standard boxing attire?
Added Chapter 41 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2013 , 05:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Does Boba Fett have his armor, or are they in standard boxing attire?
Of course no armor, thats unfair. :P

Aurbere
06.22.2013 , 05:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Of course no armor, thats unfair. :P
I know, just making sure. I'm gonna think on this, then I'll get back to you with my answer.
Added Chapter 41 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2013 , 05:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I know, just making sure. I'm gonna think on this, then I'll get back to you with my answer.
Alrighty.

mefit
06.22.2013 , 05:37 PM | #6

Imma say Boba Fett , I like Han Solo more but I just do not see this and now that I said this I am sure everyone will pick Han so ....................... I win this !!
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2013 , 09:39 PM | #7
Edit: Sticking to a neutral process.

mefit
06.22.2013 , 10:28 PM | #8
So Mandos are nothing without Armor ?
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2013 , 10:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
So Mandos are nothing without Armor ?
Not saying they are, but this is just a boxing match ergo its just two guys hitting one another in the face/body, Boba's other fighting abilities would disqualify him. I just feel Han would have the better footwork to evade and avoid attacks, I mean Boba doesn't really need to avoid many attacks thanks to his armor which can soak up the damage and in the event that he does he has his jetpack to help him out too. Han has neither of these things, so he would need to rely on his quick and limber abilities.

I would give the Speed advantage to Han

Endurance goes to Boba, his time tanking attacks in his armor I could see making his body overall a little tougher.

Strength wise, dunno.

Actually I take back my answer, and just gonna stick with to neutral on these things.

Beniboybling
06.23.2013 , 04:27 AM | #10
Boba wins, he's a Mandalorian. Faster, smarter, stronger. Han Solo would be outclassed on every level.