Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith rule of two

clonewarsisbest
06.23.2013 , 08:18 AM | #11
The sith keep artifacts and records of passed sith so there could have been some records of revan and a hint of the rule of two.

Crip
06.25.2013 , 02:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Well actually if you read some of the EU Palpatine had MANY darkside users under his control. They just were not SITH.

See he obeyed the rule of two with himself and Vader. But he had plenty of inquisitors that were basically darkside jedi. Infact Jerec was one if you look him up. And he had darkside devotees who were sorcerers.

So if you think about it Bane was correct, have only two sith, but you can have LEGIONS of darksiders, who maybe could continue and have the rule of two intact.

Thanks for the info, I haven't read much of the EU, just the odd bit here and there.

Trimaxion
06.25.2013 , 02:34 AM | #13
The rule of two makes me wonder.

Is there ANY evidence it worked?

Girdeux
06.25.2013 , 03:52 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Trimaxion View Post

are you serious???

Wolfninjajedi
06.25.2013 , 09:48 AM | #15

.....Really? Of course it worked.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
06.25.2013 , 10:10 AM | #16

The Galactic Empire?
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Trimaxion
06.25.2013 , 11:23 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The Galactic Empire?
But was that actually a result of the rule (given that sidious came pretty close to completely ignoring it)
Did it actually result in an ever strengthening order?

I know this comes close to the tenebrious-plaguesis-sidious ultimate sith debate but I would have thought that you still have the same issues of the apprentice not learning everything from the master before killing him and perhaps the master purposefully withholding info so as to delay the inevitable.

psandak
06.25.2013 , 11:37 AM | #18
But was that actually a result of the rule (given that sidious came pretty close to completely ignoring it)
Did it actually result in an ever strengthening order?

I know this comes close to the tenebrious-plaguesis-sidious ultimate sith debate but I would have thought that you still have the same issues of the apprentice not learning everything from the master before killing him and perhaps the master purposefully withholding info so as to delay the inevitable.
Yes, you are probably right that over time the Sith lost knowledge because apprentices would kill their masters before they learned everything from them. But, if every apprentice was similar to Zannah then what was lost would be replaced by different knowledge - Zannah knew things about Sith Sorcery that Bane could not comprehend.

In addition, Bane realized that trying to conquer the Republic from the outside was all but impossible. His Rule of Two was implemented so that the Sith to continue existing, in relative secrecy, and build a power base that would eventually tear down the Republic from within. Sidious was successful in that goal - the Republic was swept away and replaced by a Galactic Empire.

Trimaxion
06.25.2013 , 11:43 AM | #19
Makes more sense looking at it like that,

I was always thinking of it from a purely force based viewpoint. Power and knowledge in the force, not in the universe at large.

sell-dog
06.25.2013 , 12:16 PM | #20
Makes more sense looking at it like that,

I was always thinking of it from a purely force based viewpoint. Power and knowledge in the force, not in the universe at large.
Even from a purely force based viewpoint the argument can be made that the Order of the Sith Lords became more powerful.

Think about this, during the New Sith Wars Bane was very arguably the most powerful Sith of Kaan's Brotherhood of Darkness even though he was relatively new to discovering his force sensitivity. That is a big statement. In the Bane trilogy all that is discussed is how Bane thinks Kaan's philosophy and order weakens the Sith. Whether or not that is true is debatable but the FACTS are that the Brotherhood of Darkness maintained its existence and war with the Republic for 10 years and the order was exclusively destroyed by one of its own Sith members not the Republic/Jedi. How many previous Sith Orders/War Campaigns can claim such feats? The orders and wars of Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, and Revan/Malak come to mind as those that such feats do not apply.

Think now of how much more power in the Force Bane will accumulate with an additional 20 years. Then think of how powerful Zannah must be to defeat him, then so on and so forth down the line.
"What's the difference between hot and cold doughnuts?"
"The difference is: cold ones I can eat 8, hot ones I can eat 48!"