Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith using lightside

LadyKulvax
06.22.2013 , 08:01 AM | #11
People can have as many views and beliefs on the force as they want, like Qui-Gon Jinn, they still all drew from the Light Side, as did Jolee Bindo, you're either using the force, which is the Light Side, or you are falling to the Dark Side.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Beniboybling
06.22.2013 , 09:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Oh there is no question on what POWERS are light and dark side, but to say the actual user can only be one way or the other, i think it's silly. For me Kreia was mostly in the realm of grey through. She only took the guise in my opinion to force the final conflict with the Exile to finish her training.

I do think there is a dark and light side of the force. But as far as dark/light/grey BEINGS, then yes there are. People come in shades of grey, it's just how they are taught and treated will determine where they go in the spectrum.

Sorry in this case I know George is cannon law, but I think he is WRONG. There is a dark and light side of the FORCE ITSELF. When it comes to beings like I have said, there you will find your shades of grey.
Its difficult to say, on one hand Jedi rely on an inner peace to manipulate the Force while the Sith use their emotions.

Its questionable whether when using a universal power such as Force push that even then Jedi and Sith would be drawing on inner peace or emotions respectively to access their power.

And I would agree with you that the Force is a single, neutral entity. However dark and light only manifest themselves through the user, but are they the only options? I can't say.

mefit
06.22.2013 , 09:20 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I disagree with the assertion that Traya was actually some grey jedi, there is no inbetween to the Force, it was always clear to me, that she was stripped of her power and when she regained her command of the force, throughout her teaching of the Exile, she went back to the Dark Side, all the abilities she displays out of the Exile's notice are dark side powers, also the idea that healing is a light side ability was debunked by Dawn of the Jedi - Into the Void, it's actually far closer to Sith Alchemy than any Light Side persuasion.

^ This I agree with , Traya was a DarkJedi . While she might not have seemed evil , the ends were kinda on that evil level . She used Darkside Powers and thus was in the end a Darkjedi.
A person could use Lightside abilities and maintain their Darkside ways , its really overall how they use these skills and their beliefs.
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

mefit
06.22.2013 , 09:34 AM | #14
By the rules of even our Reality this Darkside is a tale of power and how it can corrupt you .
Often times those in good nature come into reasons or need of this power and get lost in it .
Ego like in reality makes those who abuse their power often think they are in control over it but its really like a drug and it controls them .
Does not mean they cannot be redeemed but this is why there is no Grey . Their use of the force by controlling themselves keeps them on the path of light but those who lose control of themselves go Dark.

mefit
06.22.2013 , 09:39 AM | #15
Sith is really aname of a race and the skills passed down by that race .
If a Jedi never comes into contact with those skill sets , then they really are just Darkjedi which does not belittle their abilities either .

In Theory a Sith can become lightside , well in TOR anyways .
If by Example Sidious was to become lightsided , it would likely turn him on the path of the Jedi ways and he would be called a Jedi .
Naga Shadow being a Sithpureblood or Sith would be a Sith(by Race) Jedi if he followed their teachings and was lightsided.

Due to some nut or cosmic reason , the Sith race disappears eventually . What is left is the teachings that also die with Sidious.

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2013 , 11:04 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Sith is really aname of a race and the skills passed down by that race .
If a Jedi never comes into contact with those skill sets , then they really are just Darkjedi which does not belittle their abilities either .

In Theory a Sith can become lightside , well in TOR anyways .
If by Example Sidious was to become lightsided , it would likely turn him on the path of the Jedi ways and he would be called a Jedi .
Naga Shadow being a Sithpureblood or Sith would be a Sith(by Race) Jedi if he followed their teachings and was lightsided.

Due to some nut or cosmic reason , the Sith race disappears eventually . What is left is the teachings that also die with Sidious.
Sidious as a Jedi. O_o
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

mefit
06.22.2013 , 12:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Sidious as a Jedi. O_o
Was my example while never going to happen , it was to say what Title he would have held in name .
As Sidious by canon or atleast I can see , has no blood link to Sith (The Race) .

By your post today , you are being goofy . Good day for you ? Seems a little different.

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2013 , 12:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Was my example while never going to happen , it was to say what Title he would have held in name .
As Sidious by canon or atleast I can see , has no blood link to Sith (The Race) .

By your post today , you are being goofy . Good day for you ? Seems a little different.
No, no...the mental image of Sidious being a Jedi is the cause.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Kaedusz
06.22.2013 , 03:15 PM | #19
Inner peace combined with compassion and communing with the light side consciously is basically what a force user needs to use pure light side powers.Theoretically a sith can do that,but he will hardly ever do it,unless he is about to be ''redeemed'' or something.
Traya is a sith ,not a dark jedi.
Jedi using sith powers is always weary of falling under the influence of the dark side.Always.There is not a single jedi immune to such a level that he can use dark side powers like piece of cake.
Force push,other telekinetic and other similar abilities are universal but still the practitioner's character,state of mind and how intimate he is with an aspect of the force effects its power.

Beniboybling
06.22.2013 , 03:31 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Inner peace combined with compassion and communing with the light side consciously is basically what a force user needs to use pure light side powers.Theoretically a sith can do that,but he will hardly ever do it,unless he is about to be ''redeemed'' or something.
Traya is a sith ,not a dark jedi.
Jedi using sith powers is always weary of falling under the influence of the dark side.Always.There is not a single jedi immune to such a level that he can use dark side powers like piece of cake.
Force push,other telekinetic and other similar abilities are universal but still the practitioner's character,state of mind and how intimate he is with an aspect of the force effects its power.
Kreia is not 'Sith'. Sith is a belief.