Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith using lightside

clonewarsisbest
06.21.2013 , 08:25 PM | #1
I was wondering that since Jedi can tap into the darkside without falling to it. Can a sith use lightside force abilities without being affected?

TheBBP
06.21.2013 , 08:40 PM | #2
From what I understand, where they are within the balance of the Force sort of gates them from certain powers doesn't it?
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Republic
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

clonewarsisbest
06.21.2013 , 08:43 PM | #3
I know that mace windu and Luke skywalker could use the darkside without having to weary of falling to it.

Wolfninjajedi
06.21.2013 , 08:57 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by clonewarsisbest View Post
I know that mace windu and Luke skywalker could use the darkside without having to weary of falling to it.
No there was still the risk of them falling to the darkside, just because they could use certain dark powers doesn't mean they are exempt from crossing over.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

clonewarsisbest
06.21.2013 , 09:43 PM | #5
Okay. It was highly unlikely that they would fall, and still if Jedi can I can't see why a sith couldn't do the thing with the lightside.

AlexDougherty
06.22.2013 , 04:14 AM | #6
I was wondering that since Jedi can tap into the darkside without falling to it. Can a sith use lightside force abilities without being affected?
A jedi can't tap the Darkside without being affected, the Darkside is corruption use it and you are corrupted. A Sith could use the Lightside without being affected, but since the Lightside requires more work they are unlikely to do so. Also if a Sith isn't being corrupted by the Darkside, they are likely to be viewed as traitors to the Sith Empire, so they have to delve into the Darkside really.

Not quite, can't say about Mace Windu, but Luke did fall to the Darkside (when the emperor returned) and this means that firstly he would avoid using it if possible, and secondly if he did use it he could purify himself afterwards (because he has experience with it). This should never be taken as evidence that the Darkside is ok under any circumstances.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Beniboybling
06.22.2013 , 06:37 AM | #7
Yes, Darth Traya was proficient in Force healing - a light sided power. And while her exact position of the spectrum is questionable in my opinion she was detached from both the light and the dark to the extent that she was able to draw on both sides without being enslaved to one.

However we should also consider the nature of the light and the dark, the dark is seductive and corrupting, the light bears none of these traits so a dark sider would not be instinctively lured to it. I expect not being in touch with the light however would make such feats difficult to perform however. Though again it didn't seem a barrier for Traya.

LadyKulvax
06.22.2013 , 06:41 AM | #8
I disagree with the assertion that Traya was actually some grey jedi, there is no inbetween to the Force, it was always clear to me, that she was stripped of her power and when she regained her command of the force, throughout her teaching of the Exile, she went back to the Dark Side, all the abilities she displays out of the Exile's notice are dark side powers, also the idea that healing is a light side ability was debunked by Dawn of the Jedi - Into the Void, it's actually far closer to Sith Alchemy than any Light Side persuasion.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Beniboybling
06.22.2013 , 06:52 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
I disagree with the assertion that Traya was actually some grey jedi, there is no inbetween to the Force, it was always clear to me, that she was stripped of her power and when she regained her command of the force, throughout her teaching of the Exile, she went back to the Dark Side, all the abilities she displays out of the Exile's notice are dark side powers, also the idea that healing is a light side ability was debunked by Dawn of the Jedi - Into the Void, it's actually far closer to Sith Alchemy than any Light Side persuasion.
Hmm, you have a point there. Though to be quite honest most Jedi powers fall into the realm of 'universal' e.g. telekinesis and telepathy.

TalonVII
06.22.2013 , 07:43 AM | #10
Oh there is no question on what POWERS are light and dark side, but to say the actual user can only be one way or the other, i think it's silly. For me Kreia was mostly in the realm of grey through. She only took the guise in my opinion to force the final conflict with the Exile to finish her training.

I do think there is a dark and light side of the force. But as far as dark/light/grey BEINGS, then yes there are. People come in shades of grey, it's just how they are taught and treated will determine where they go in the spectrum.

Sorry in this case I know George is cannon law, but I think he is WRONG. There is a dark and light side of the FORCE ITSELF. When it comes to beings like I have said, there you will find your shades of grey.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
finished all chapter 3 arcs. Currently JK, Sith Sorc, and Agent to 65