Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA, y u no take my greendot card?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
EA, y u no take my greendot card?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

crunchbarry
06.22.2013 , 04:03 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by thaawn View Post
Printing money by itself does not bring inflation. . .

printing money without gold or another universal high value item backing it does. . .

Also I pay nothing ever for my checking account, debit card, or savings account with USAA. . .

and lastly, banks where/are started by being backed by gold or other valued items, and then they give out currency based on their gold amount. . .at least the first ones where. . .

And good luck trying to buy a house/nice car in a few years with no credit history. . .
You are incorrect good sir.

The american greenback represents american services and goods - and is backed by those services and goods.

Our good friend Milton Friedman, economical genius, would certainly disagree with you that printing money does not cause inflation. In fact, he would state that printing money is the number one cause of inflation.

Why would I buy a house or car on credit and end up paying double the asset's worth, when i can save up and just pay cash money?

crunchbarry
06.22.2013 , 04:15 PM | #22
The thing about the greendot card is that it does technically go through a bank. I reload my card at a store with cash, and any transactions i make with that card go through a bank.

Yet still it was a compromise I had to make to do online shopping. It is not like having a traditional bank account in any sense, and I will hold to my refusal of ever using said traditional banks.

That said I'm not really concerned with having no credit, etc, even though I do have a cell phone. I never plan on buying anything with credit. Ever. And I would advise everyone else to do the same.

Katlin
06.22.2013 , 06:24 PM | #23
Banks and their credits are what caused the economical crisis... roughly said. Banks are evil. And people who defend credits are very confused.

That aside I am interested in seeing if there will be a more detailed response regarding Greendot and maybe even more about their payment policy. I've been having trouble paying with debit cards in perfect standing and money in them.

thaawn
06.22.2013 , 09:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchbarry View Post
You are incorrect good sir.

The american greenback represents american services and goods - and is backed by those services and goods.

Our good friend Milton Friedman, economical genius, would certainly disagree with you that printing money does not cause inflation. In fact, he would state that printing money is the number one cause of inflation.

Why would I buy a house or car on credit and end up paying double the asset's worth, when i can save up and just pay cash money?

really?

you can't grasp the fact that "goods" = gold. . .
Personal Sith code of Darth Baras
Spoiler

DrakewolfX
06.23.2013 , 06:37 AM | #25
I am having a similer issue, though with paypal. My paypal account adds but whenever I try to make a purchase of cartel coins or what have you, I get an error that states an unexpected error has occured, so far talking to support has had no impact. So paypal is not a viable option...