Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EA, y u no take my greendot card?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
EA, y u no take my greendot card?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

crunchbarry
06.21.2013 , 03:09 PM | #1
I dont like banks. So I use a greendot card for online shopping. I used this card as a payment method for my subscription for about a year, and now suddenly EA doesn't allow you to use these cards?

Whats gives, EA?

HiltoftheDragon
06.21.2013 , 03:31 PM | #2
Why are you spamming this forum with unconstructive drivel.

Get you a bank account, its not that big of deal.
The Starkillerz Legacy
Creedess - 55 Assassin * Adea - 55 Marauder * Noliana - 55 Mercenary
Serinety - 55 Operative

crunchbarry
06.21.2013 , 03:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by HiltoftheDragon View Post
Why are you spamming this forum with unconstructive drivel.

Get you a bank account, its not that big of deal.
........No.

crunchbarry
06.21.2013 , 03:36 PM | #4
And its not unconstructive. They need to change this crap.

crunchbarry
06.21.2013 , 03:36 PM | #5
Cash is king, baby.

DamionSchubert
06.21.2013 , 03:46 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I'm asking around about this now. I can say that Paypal should be a viable option.
SWTOR Lead Designer

Synnystr
06.21.2013 , 03:57 PM | #7
What you will want to do is go to Origin.com, and buy a 60 day code. They accept Greendot.

JaxonLuxor
06.21.2013 , 04:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchbarry View Post
Cash is king, baby.
Actually it's not. In the US, the 2013 budget for new currency printing is $797M. So that is $797 million dollars that is wasted on printing a physical item, A physical item that use could easily be replaced by a non-physical item (debit card, EFT etc) that shifts the cost of usage away from tax payers. "Cash" or paper currency is as antiquated concept that cost this country $8B over the course of 10 years and people who use it are fiscally irresponsible.

By the way, can I borrow a dollar? Thanks!

Soluss
06.21.2013 , 04:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchbarry View Post
I dont like banks. So I use a greendot card for online shopping. I used this card as a payment method for my subscription for about a year, and now suddenly EA doesn't allow you to use these cards?

Whats gives, EA?
Not sure but I don't use my bank card online either. My prepaid walmart card still works.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

crunchbarry
06.21.2013 , 05:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
I'm asking around about this now. I can say that Paypal should be a viable option.
My old greendot card expired so I purchased a new one. I deleted my old payment method and added the new, and it wouldn't work.

I called customer support and they said greendot cards are no longer accepted. >.>

Having my greendot card not accepted is definitely a first.