Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

West Coast - Server Relocations?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
West Coast - Server Relocations?

Skyzen
06.20.2013 , 04:04 PM | #1
I've noticed a change in my latency to the SWTOR west coast servers; Begeren Colony and The Harbinger.

I'm in S.California and I've always had a ping from 17-25 ms, but recently it has changed. It seems that the servers have moved according to my traceroute to the swtor servers. My latency is now 125-145 ms.

Have the servers been relocated?
Love your enemies.

Knockerz
06.20.2013 , 04:08 PM | #2
Perhaps the servers are more overload with people?
Fiery the angels fell; deep thunder rolled around their shores; burning with the fires of Orc

branmakmuffin
06.20.2013 , 05:10 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Perhaps the servers are more overload with people?
It's all them Aussies and Kiwis.

Andryah
06.20.2013 , 05:23 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Skyzen View Post
I've noticed a change in my latency to the SWTOR west coast servers; Begeren Colony and The Harbinger.

I'm in S.California and I've always had a ping from 17-25 ms, but recently it has changed. It seems that the servers have moved according to my traceroute to the swtor servers. My latency is now 125-145 ms.

Have the servers been relocated?
I have noticed no change from Northern California. I get a consistent 25-30ms ping unless there are issues with the server or the internet routing to the server (which I have had happened from time to time, but it clears once whoever owns that segment fixes it).

More likely there is a performance glitch in the internet backbone between you and the servers, which frankly could happen even if the server farm is a block away from you.
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.