Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars 7 Movie Casting - UK

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars 7 Movie Casting - UK

Blackavaar
06.20.2013 , 03:15 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You certainly will not see any Jar Jar silliness from him.
Oh yeah, did you not even see Keenser? The pointless little alien character thrown in for cuteness and comic relief and nothing more? That's just one step away from Jar Jar, IMO.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Andryah
06.20.2013 , 03:53 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Size-Matters-Not View Post
I expect major lens flare and camera shake with the new movies, which will be totally annoying.
Kind of like real life, driving in your car, eh?

Personally, it's one aspect of his style I really admire. It's up there with Lucas making in-movie gear look used, scaped up, and in need of some TLC. It adds a grittiness of real life to the screen play.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Andryah
06.20.2013 , 03:57 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Oh yeah, did you not even see Keenser? The pointless little alien character thrown in for cuteness and comic relief and nothing more? That's just one step away from Jar Jar, IMO.

No contest between the two. Keenser was a side piece.... a bit player...like tribbles...or random aliens in a bar scene. Jar Jar on the opposite extreme was made into a digitally rendered protagonist integral to a movie plot.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

AlienEyeTX
06.20.2013 , 04:04 PM | #34
No contest between the two. Keenser was a side piece.... a bit player...like tribbles...or random aliens in a bar scene. Jar Jar on the opposite extreme was made into a digitally rendered protagonist integral to a movie plot.
I hear that tribbles are trouble.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Hyfy
06.20.2013 , 04:48 PM | #35
Whether old school Trekkers like it or not... the Franchise was effectively dead and shelved due to the progressive movie failures culminating with Nemesis. Credit to JJ for bringing it back to life and to the studio for having the courage to gamble on a corpsed franchise one more time.

JJ brings an edginess and willingness to stay inside the box while pulling outside the box elements into the main. I think he will be good for the SW franchise. You certainly will not see any Jar Jar silliness from him.
Edginess is one thing, glaring inconsistencies and basic things that in general just doesn't make sense is another. Something I had mentioned in another thread was the engine room of the Enterprise where it looked more like the steam plant mech rooms I work in on the Naval base here instead of a technologically advanced engine room that makes faster than light travel possible. Or given the stated limitations of transporter technology in the movie and then all of a sudden Khan is transporting himself from earth to Klingon...... Thats not edgy thats just story breaking.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid