Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars 7 Movie Casting - UK

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars 7 Movie Casting - UK

Hyfy
06.20.2013 , 02:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I gotta ask, are you a fan of the old Trek? I got a friend who is a huge trekker...he HATED JJ's Star Trek. My brother and I, who HATED (old) Star Trek, loved his movies...I gotta think it has something to do with this...because I really liked his 2 Trek movies. As someone else said, they have a "Star Warsy" feel...
Myself I loves the different series of Star Treks with the exception of Enterprise, and some of the original timeline movies. The Abrams Star Treks just never sat right with me though. Then again I wasn't a Lost or Fringe fan either.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

Blackavaar
06.20.2013 , 02:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I can understand your position - those are very legit reasons and I agree with some of them, I just happened to enjoy the movies. If someone came into Star Wars and JJ'd it up like he did to Star Trek, I can't say I'd be pleased either....someone like Micheal Bay for example.
Agreed, Michael Bay would be worse than J.J., but not by much.

Other directors that should never be given an established sci-fi franchise.

Paul W. S. Anderson.
Len Wiseman
Rolland Emmerich
Uwe Boll

Directors I would really like to see do a Star Wars film.

Danny Boyle
Christopher Nolan
Joss Whedon
Drew Goddard
Guillermo Del Toro
Gore Verbinski
Josh Trank
Rian Johnson

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Joesixxpack
06.20.2013 , 02:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
And I bet Sir Marty would still deliver 10 times better performance than Hayden did. Still haunts me... As often as Natalie Portman's performance
Yeah, freakin' travesties.

Seireeni
06.20.2013 , 02:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
Myself I loves the different series of Star Treks with the exception of Enterprise, and some of the original timeline movies. The Abrams Star Treks just never sat right with me though. Then again I wasn't a Lost or Fringe fan either.
Personally I haven't seen a single Star Trek -anything or a single episode of Lost, but I actually did try to watch Fringe once... I think I actually did watch 6-8 episodes just thinking that maybe I'll like the show when I get to know the characters better, but no. Just no.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

Danny Boyle
Christopher Nolan
Joss Whedon
Drew Goddard
Guillermo Del Toro
Gore Verbinski
Josh Trank
Rian Johnson

This one and I might even watch the film just to see how he did... The horror movies that are sold with his name usually end up being pretty good.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - And a few other servers too - The Firslay Legacy

TUXs
06.20.2013 , 02:21 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
Interesting...I thought Enterprise was one of the better series. The original Trek was just too old for me, Next Gen was great for a few seasons until the holodeck became far too abused, Voyager was terrible because of the Capt (good story, wrong cast) and DS9 was far too stationary. I liked Enterprise because it was more relateable I guess...I could see the progress up to the later series and I liked them building upon that.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Joesixxpack
06.20.2013 , 02:28 PM | #26

Spoiler
:
Good lists, how would you rate Peter Jackson's potential?

Arlon_Nabarlly
06.20.2013 , 02:46 PM | #27
Agreed, Michael Bay would be worse than J.J., but not by much.

Paul W. S. Anderson.
Len Wiseman
Rolland Emmerich
Uwe Boll

Danny Boyle
Christopher Nolan
Joss Whedon
Drew Goddard
Guillermo Del Toro
Gore Verbinski
Josh Trank
Rian Johnson

I do see some of your points and I hope Abrams doesn't screw it up too bad. I was a little more excited before I saw the second Star Trek, the underwater ship for no reason really irked me too. I would have much rather seen Jose Whedon. I think Nolan could potentially be worse than Abrams. I'm joking about this, but what about a Quentin Tarantino Star Wars?

Andryah
06.20.2013 , 02:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
I do like old Star Trek from TV and from movies. However, I really liked what JJ did with it, too. Both ways of storytelling are entertaining. I think JJ is gonna rock EP VII!
Whether old school Trekkers like it or not... the Franchise was effectively dead and shelved due to the progressive movie failures culminating with Nemesis. Credit to JJ for bringing it back to life and to the studio for having the courage to gamble on a corpsed franchise one more time.

JJ brings an edginess and willingness to stay inside the box while pulling outside the box elements into the main. I think he will be good for the SW franchise. You certainly will not see any Jar Jar silliness from him.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Size-Matters-Not
06.20.2013 , 03:08 PM | #29
Abrams did a ok job for the Trek Franchise but Joss Whedon would have been a better choice for Star Wars.

I expect major lens flare and camera shake with the new movies, which will be totally annoying.
Bloodfin: <Fight> Gabriel-Leo, SizeMatters Not

Blackavaar
06.20.2013 , 03:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Good lists, how would you rate Peter Jackson's potential?
Peter Jackson could do a good follow up trilogy, but it would have to be a whole trilogy. He works better when he's not under a strict time limit (point in case, King Kong). That's why I left him off the list. I don't think Disney will be willing to wait that long.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I'm joking about this, but what about a Quentin Tarantino Star Wars?
Considering his love for kitsch and camp, that would be a disaster.

No, if Quentin does a sci-fi film (which I think he should, it's one of the few genres he hasn't touched) he should do something like Buck Rogers or even better Flash Gordon. It'd fit right in with his love of the old serials.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]