Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I move companion abilities in their quick bar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How do I move companion abilities in their quick bar

Your_Ad_Here
12.31.2011 , 01:16 PM | #11
Definately agree on moving companion skills. I'd like to keep all Quinn's healing abilities lumped together.

But also, I don't know if it's just me, when I move Quinn's full skills onto my middle hotbar, they all grey out and lock up so I can't click on them. They are fine when I put them on my leftmost hotbar but not the middle. Anyone else get this?

Neulwen
01.01.2012 , 03:16 PM | #12
I would also like them to be moveable. I only use the minimised companion bar, cause otherwise I don't have room for all my main abilities. So, to change my companion's stances for instance, I have to expand the bar and then minimise it again, cause keybinds don't seem to work either for the hidden abilities.

Jhu_Liet
01.01.2012 , 05:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Neulwen View Post
I would also like them to be moveable. I only use the minimised companion bar, cause otherwise I don't have room for all my main abilities. So, to change my companion's stances for instance, I have to expand the bar and then minimise it again, cause keybinds don't seem to work either for the hidden abilities.
Neulwen have you tried putting your companion bar on the left or right quickslots?

To the OP, I strongly agree that we should be able to move our companion's ability slots. I'm not sure why bioware decided to lock them in the first place- it's easier to work with a companion bar you can customize to your preferences.

Wodanas
01.12.2012 , 12:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Phangrrl View Post
In preferances/UI you can choose for the companions slots to use the side bars so your bottom one isnt covered
as shadow lv 30 now I use up 3 bars just for all my abilities, so I need 4 bars alr, so that wont fix ****!

Wodanas
01.12.2012 , 12:38 PM | #15
And I rly dont get why no games at all make so u can move around ur bars ur self, without adds or mods

Anietia
01.24.2012 , 09:41 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Wodanas View Post
And I rly dont get why no games at all make so u can move around ur bars ur self, without adds or mods
Lord of the Rings Online allows you to move/rearrange your entire UI. It would be nice if that function/feature were implemented in SW:TOR.

hwnstylez
02.06.2012 , 11:16 PM | #17
I'm bumping this thread, because I find it extremely annoying/useless that we can't modify the ability slots for our companions. Currently Doctor Lokin (Sniper/Operative companion) has his 4th ability as a Rhakgoul-form-only ability. Since I don't use his Rhakgoul form I'd like to replace that 4th ability with a healing ability so that when the bar is "minimized" I can see, hotkey, and use my top 4 healing spells.

LarryRow
02.26.2012 , 06:26 PM | #18
Bump from me as well. Very lame design. Nadia's giant aoe nuke is number 8 on her ability list. That means I have to expand the bar to turn it on and off depending on whether I plan to use cc for that fight.

I even tried dragging it to my own bar from the abilities list, didn't work

ylaenna
02.26.2012 , 07:21 PM | #19
Yes, please!
  1. Be able to rearrange companion abilities on companion bar.
  2. Be able to place companion abilities on regular (non-companion) bars.
  3. Be able to use keybinds for an ability assigned to a quickslot even if the quickbar is hidden.

LarryRow
02.26.2012 , 10:39 PM | #20
Well for a fleeting second, I thought Nadia was smart enough not to use her area nuke ability when someone nearby was cc'ed, but I was wrong. The AI's for the companions are mostly really decent (stances not sticking and other bugs notwithstanding) so I had some hope.

This is actually kinda nice as it forces me to use my shadow tank's aoe abilities that were largely ignored before. I am enjoying the playstyle and running content with Nadia

But still no excuse for the lack of functionality that is the topic of this thread!