Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I move companion abilities in their quick bar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How do I move companion abilities in their quick bar

Snocone
12.21.2011 , 08:25 AM | #1
Title says it all. I cant figure out a way to move my companions abilities in his quick bar. Some have said its not possible, but that would make no sense. Any ideas?

Basiliscus
12.21.2011 , 08:27 AM | #2
their abilities should already be on their bar. did you expand their bar to check? press the little + thats over their bar.

Snocone
12.21.2011 , 08:30 AM | #3
Yes, but I want to move them to different spots in their bar. They act as if locked, and thats a no bueno.

Lagerfiend
12.21.2011 , 08:37 AM | #4
nwm..
I love Fridays!
Sword in Box FTW.

Chombers
12.21.2011 , 06:57 PM | #5
BUMP, This needs to be fixed, now pushing 40s, I want to be able to use all 4 quickslots, as well as see a few abilities my companions have. Not being able to move the abilities forces me to use an entire quickslot to see those cooldowns. Why can't we move them at all? and it would also be nice to move the companion abilities onto the original quickslots themselves, not the entire companion bar. I only lvled to mid 20s on beta or i would have caught this ages ago, and how didn't all of the 50s on beta say anything. I find this extremely frustrating to not be able to have the ability to customize my companions ability on its own bar or my bar whatsoever. This is a very easy fix, unlock the bar and abilities so that we can move them anywhere.

Jornk
12.25.2011 , 01:01 PM | #6
I second that we should be able to move our companion's abilities on their respective quick bars. I am working with a Logitech G13 and having that flexibility is important.

Flick
12.26.2011 , 06:24 PM | #7
I would also love this.

I'm playing a shadow, and having the ability to manually deploy Holiday would be super awesome.

It would be possible to re-bind the hotkey (currently control+9) to one of the others (e.g. Control +4), but then, as someone posts above, you can't see the cooldown. You can expand the companion bar. However, I'm unwilling to give up an entire bottom quickslot bar to do this.

Retzach
12.31.2011 , 12:30 PM | #8
YES!!! Absolutely. This needs to happen.

OutlawDR
12.31.2011 , 12:32 PM | #9
Yes I would also like to be able to choose which companion abilities are shown and where. I would like to choose which 4 abilities are shown on the minimized version.

Phangrrl
12.31.2011 , 01:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Flick View Post
I would also love this.

I'm playing a shadow, and having the ability to manually deploy Holiday would be super awesome.

It would be possible to re-bind the hotkey (currently control+9) to one of the others (e.g. Control +4), but then, as someone posts above, you can't see the cooldown. You can expand the companion bar. However, I'm unwilling to give up an entire bottom quickslot bar to do this.

In preferances/UI you can choose for the companions slots to use the side bars so your bottom one isnt covered