Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The absolute BEST SW ep7 news to date...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The absolute BEST SW ep7 news to date...

ImmortalLowlife
06.20.2013 , 05:53 AM | #1
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Beniboybling
06.20.2013 , 06:37 AM | #2
Hate on the guy who created Star Wars... -_-

If J.J doesn't consult Lucas at all then the movies simply won't be that good.

ImmortalLowlife
06.20.2013 , 06:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

Ep 1-3..... I rest my case......
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Beniboybling
06.20.2013 , 06:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
That would only make sense if George Lucas were being consulted for directing purposes, he is not.

Lucas understands the Star Wars universe better than anyone. He knows how to make the universe feel like Star Wars and he has some amazing ideas and concepts. The entire Star Wars mythos is living proof of this.

This article elaborates more. Lucas will always remain an incredible storyteller. And frankly its shameful how much hate he receives from the very fans who worship his creation.

Wolfninjajedi
06.20.2013 , 07:04 AM | #5
Please Eps 1-3 were great, the box office and reviews say as much and there are also fans of them, just the haters are more vocal.

That being said its not a good thing that Lucas hasn't been approached yet as Beni has said, so we shall see if it changes.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TyboJames
06.20.2013 , 07:17 AM | #6
Overruled.
-= Jedi Covanent =-
Rhayth Khaal - Guardian
"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Freedannad
06.20.2013 , 07:39 AM | #7
That would only make sense if George Lucas were being consulted for directing purposes, he is not.

Lucas understands the Star Wars universe better than anyone. He knows have to make the universe feel like Star Wars and he has some amazing ideas and concepts. The entire Star Wars mythos is living proof of this.

This article elaborates more. Lucas will always remain an incredible storyteller. And frankly its shameful how much hate he receives from the very fans who worship his creation.
Agreed, tbh though the only people that really care about these people' complaints are the people writing them. Hearing people talk about how much they hated ep.1-3 is so boring. Did they have its cheesy moments, bad acting etc...., of course. Are you telling me that Mark Hammil was a great actor? Are you saying that the EWOKs were not as cheesy as Jar Jar? How about the fact that Luke and his sister had a semi Incest relationship, until Harrison Ford made the Han Solo character more popular than Lucas intended it to be? What these self proclaimed "film critics" for get is that Lucas set out to make "the best movie a 12 year old boy ever saw" those are his words. That is what he did. If you don't like certain aspects of the movies it might be because you are not 12 anymore.

TheBBP
06.20.2013 , 08:19 AM | #8
PT haters that way please ---->

It seems to me that too many fans have what THEY think that the PT should have been wrapped up in their heads and are mad at Lucas because he did not follow their vision. I have never understood the hate as anything other than that. These new movies will have the same thing happen to them by some fans. Especially EU fans who appear to be clinging to their hopes that these movies will be an EU adaption. When it turns out that they are not, they will turn their hatred onto JJ Abrams for not sharing their vision.

That said, JJ Abrams has enough going for him that you can bet that he wouldn't be doing this if he had to answer to Uncle George. Lucas is around as a consultant and you can feel safe that is all he will remain if that is what makes you feel better.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Aurbere
06.20.2013 , 01:29 PM | #9

Yeah, this isn't very good news.

Oh well, I guess the over-used lens flare jokes will be returning.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

JacenHallis
06.20.2013 , 09:10 PM | #10
I hate when people do this, but, in this case, it is an effective tool.
Leeland Chee understands the Star Wars universe better than anyone.
Fixed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Freedannad View Post
Are you telling me that Mark Hammil was a great actor? Are you saying that the EWOKs were not as cheesy as Jar Jar? How about the fact that Luke and his sister had a semi Incest relationship, until Harrison Ford made the Han Solo character more popular than Lucas intended it to be?
Mark Hamill was a passable actor. And he got better as the series went along. You know, like most actors who get better as they gain experience. He's also prima voice talent, and that's just as much acting as what most people think of when they hear "acting."

The Ewoks were not nearly as cheesy as Jar-Jar, just from their appearance in Return. Add in the cartoon and the movies, and, yes, they were pretty bad. But, as a culture of superstitious warriors, they fit the bill pretty well, despite their small stature.

There was no incestuous relationship until Lucas finalized the script for Return of the Jedi, which didn't happen until he started filming Return of the Jedi. Check out Splinter of the Mind's Eye. it was the "sequel" to Star Wars before Lucas found out he was going to be able to make a real sequel to the movie. Luke and Leia were the originally intended pair, and I don't think Lucas would have intentionally put in an incestuous relationship. I think if he had originally planned to have Luke and Leia be siblings, then he would have had Foster rewrite the overtones of that novel.

Quote:
If you don't like certain aspects of the movies it might be because you are not 12 anymore.
You're right. We're not 12 anymore. Or, in my case, I'm not eight months old anymore. The audience--the fandom--of Star Wars has gotten older. The universe has matured along with us. We expect newer movies to take that into account. You can totally make a movie that the original fans will love and make it extremely accessible to children. Want an example? Looney Tunes. There's so much in those cartoons that only adults will understand. Kids laugh and laugh at the surface, but the adults enjoy the depth of the jokes there. It can be the same with Star Wars. There can be some depth in space opera. It doesn't have to be all moustache-twirling evil and bumbling alien buffoons.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.