Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

2.4 Arena is a great idea!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2.4 Arena is a great idea!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
06.20.2013 , 09:00 AM | #21
Bioware, we need DEATHMATCH arena without any objectives, and solo only random queue for it.

Just for fun and relax.
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

IAmViiOLENT's Avatar


IAmViiOLENT
06.20.2013 , 09:01 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Can someone explain to me what Arenas are? SWTOR's my first MMO...
I assume you played CoD S&D before? Its pretty much that, without objectives. Your only goal is to wipe the opposite team. Now that Im thinking about it, 8v8 arena's would be absolutely awesome, but 4v4 will likely still be what people play.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
06.20.2013 , 09:04 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Bioware, we need DEATHMATCH arena without any objectives, and solo only random queue for it.

Just for fun and relax.
That is how most solo queue players usually treat warzones now so why change that?

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
06.20.2013 , 09:06 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
That is how most solo queue players usually treat warzones now so why change that?
I dunno who from solo players will be play warzones after solo deathmatch... good luck to all premades with queue time...
May the Force be with you!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 93 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 90 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Lionflash's Avatar


Lionflash
06.20.2013 , 09:07 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
I assume you played CoD S&D before? Its pretty much that, without objectives. Your only goal is to wipe the opposite team. Now that Im thinking about it, 8v8 arena's would be absolutely awesome, but 4v4 will likely still be what people play.
Would it everyone have 1 life?
Would there be multiple lives?
Unlimited lives but most kills at the end of the timed match wins? (I hate that)
Would a team share a life 'pool' where a death of a member of the team would take away from the pool and the team loses when their shared life pool is drained?

IAmViiOLENT's Avatar


IAmViiOLENT
06.20.2013 , 09:19 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Would it everyone have 1 life?
Would there be multiple lives?
Unlimited lives but most kills at the end of the timed match wins? (I hate that)
Would a team share a life 'pool' where a death of a member of the team would take away from the pool and the team loses when their shared life pool is drained?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdFzHIdsHx4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD6AIC7O4oc

Machine-Elf's Avatar


Machine-Elf
06.20.2013 , 09:33 AM | #27
Thanks for helping clarify.

Are these "arenas" actual places players can travel to, or only accessible via group finder? Hoping for the former...

Tarurelm's Avatar


Tarurelm
06.20.2013 , 09:41 AM | #28
I haven't played Wow but since I heared about arenas possibly coming I did some research. They sound fun, but from everything I read, balancing classes turned into a big problem and jacked up how PVE'ers roll. An idea that I think would help elleviate this problem, and should have been done before with class balancing (RIP Vanguard DPS) is that certain abilities and talents work one way in WZ's/Arenas/PVP designated areas and another way outside those areas. I know it sounds like it potentially could get confusing but it will help keep balancing fair on both sides of play styles. I love to PVP and PVE. Or even like most of us do now, each class has a PVP spec and a PVE spec.
Delusions of Grandeur@ The Harbinger

-DPS Vigilance Guardian- Täru Relm
-Sage Heals- Va'shh

TyboJames's Avatar


TyboJames
06.20.2013 , 09:47 AM | #29
Yay Sensus! I 've modeled my Rogue after his toon for a long time.
-= Jedi Covanent =-
Rhayth Khaal - Guardian
"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
06.20.2013 , 09:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Please stay tuned to have your hopes and dreams crushed.
I give BW credit for actually trying something new - it indicates they recognize that the current pvp situation is not working. I am alarmed that the "something new" they are aiming to try requires good class balance when historically they have done a very poor job at understanding and modifying class balance.