Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.4 Arena is a great idea!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
2.4 Arena is a great idea!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JayPhee
06.29.2013 , 09:10 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by OldSpiceSwag View Post
There are SO many players out there that are competitive enough to play ranked, but cant because they cant find a team of 8. 8 is too much to organize, but 4, 4 will create a ton of new teams and a lot more activity in the high end pvp scene.
Agreed, been saying this forever.

Selout
07.02.2013 , 04:43 AM | #112
I hope they do follow through. Hehe.

K_osss
07.02.2013 , 09:32 AM | #113
I tend to agree that a small format game type like 4v4 would tend to highlight class imbalances. Bioware would need to modify their approach to class balance if they want to introduce that type of game format. I think that type of game sounds fun but would like balance to be approached like it has been in Heart of the Swarm with few small changes rather than big sweeping ones and not letting the game settle out. This takes patience on Bioware's part and it takes getting balance mostly right at the beginning.

ashBZ
07.03.2013 , 06:13 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
You know what will make me enthused more than 4v4 Arenas, new WZs and huttball maps? PvP WZ infrastructure changes!
  • solving the rated WZ disconnect issue (hello, reconnect?)
  • season 1
  • self paired 8v8 matches (i.e. challenge matches -- no rewards, just fun)
  • providing a good mechanism for cross server PvP (e.g. a PTS like server for PvP WZ only and free transfers to/from this server)
  • improved match scheduling and player control over match scheduling (fewer one sided curbstomps)
  • dual (or triple, or quadruple) spec support with quickbar configuration included. Throw in automated gear change and I'll wet myself
None of the above is a sexy new WZ but I want better infrastructure more than I want
+1
every pvp teams in europe are going on the same server because theire isn't any crossServer queing...they just want to find some challenge in this game and the community had to do it by itself with the lonely choice they had (paying choice of course...)
Militant des "Togrutas jouables"
Flygirl Ash'Bey Zed :: Assassinne :: DarthNihilius / Prophecy of the 5
Lord Cendre :: Ravageuse :: DarthNihilius

feu Kaamelott Strikes Back -> feu MEOOW -> now HAZE

Lortemand
07.03.2013 , 07:05 AM | #115
Winning teams:
Stealth healers
Stealth DPS

Can't wait to se all the "we're so great"-Youtube videos.

brutall
07.03.2013 , 05:04 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Selout View Post
I hope they do follow through. Hehe.
i hope they do aswel 4v4 would be epic or 3v3

Monkfishysnow
07.03.2013 , 06:44 PM | #117
No Spammable CC? D: I spend half the warzone stuck in a CC.

Selout
07.03.2013 , 07:11 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkfishysnow View Post
No Spammable CC? D: I spend half the warzone stuck in a CC.
Hrm, apparently you don't understand the concept of spammable cc by one person like polymorph in WoW.

Liwilliams
07.03.2013 , 09:33 PM | #119
I would like to see a 4v4, but with class restrictions. For example, each team can only have 1 jedi knight, 1 Jedi Consular, 1 Trooper, and 1 Smuggler. (That way we don't have 2 gunslingers and 2 scoundrels -.-)

Regardless, arenas will be awesome !

DroidDreamer
07.04.2013 , 01:30 AM | #120
Premades are ruining arenas.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.