Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The basis (lore) of Force Healing was revealed recently.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The basis (lore) of Force Healing was revealed recently.

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
06.20.2013 , 05:05 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
not all force healing is the exact same thing. and the ability to use the force to instantly heal massive wounds is... rare in the actual canon.
Yup, or else the clone wars and GCW would've ended differently...
Elite Warlord Tanvir
Techfreak
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Angedechu's Avatar


Angedechu
06.20.2013 , 08:23 AM | #22
Sith Alchemy (except the one did by Darth Plageuis) looks way cruder than Force Alchemy.

Anyone else thinks that either the main character or her brother are Force animus ?

ArielaKnight's Avatar


ArielaKnight
06.20.2013 , 08:36 AM | #23
Force alchemy, better known as Sith alchemy, was a science that referred to a number of areas under the Sith. It encompassed any power or technique which used the Dark side of the Force to permanently alter an item or living being.
The more you act like a lady, the more he'll act like a gentleman.

Desmond_Vectom's Avatar


Desmond_Vectom
06.20.2013 , 08:48 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ArielaKnight View Post
Force alchemy, better known as Sith alchemy, was a science that referred to a number of areas under the Sith. It encompassed any power or technique which used the Dark side of the Force to permanently alter an item or living being.
Nice Wookieepedia quote

Angedechu's Avatar


Angedechu
06.20.2013 , 08:49 AM | #25
The Force Alchemy of ''Into the Void'' is about creating a new life.

Asavrede's Avatar


Asavrede
06.20.2013 , 08:49 AM | #26

Altheran's Avatar


Altheran
06.20.2013 , 08:52 AM | #27
I've always thought that Force healing was something wrong that do not fit Jedis, even with people saying that healing is fine because only the "good ones" heal people.

With this, I'm even more convinced that healing has too much relations with the darkside. Creating life forms, and disturbing the Force are things I label "darkside".

I have other reasons related to psychology and reaction towards process failure, but that's an other story.

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
06.20.2013 , 08:54 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
The Force Alchemy of ''Into the Void'' is about creating a new life.
If that is true than Force Alchemy or Sith Alchemy whichever you want to call it is not force healing. Force Healing is saving a life that is already in existence not creating a new one.

Force Healing: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_healing
Force Alchemy or Sith Alchemy : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_alchemy

To me that sound more sith like as it is trying to control something other than allowing life to be created the correct way. Anytime you try to control something, where it is a person or creating a new life, you step into the area of Sith.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Angedechu's Avatar


Angedechu
06.20.2013 , 09:09 AM | #29
Well, Scarlet, Into the Void states clearly that the heroin used her animus to heal herself from near death.

So, well, she healed herself, with a life she created.

Also, Wookipedia have not been updated about Into the Void unique alchemy.

I would like to point that up to this point, Sith Alchemy was mostly about ''ah ah ah, I'm a super evil Sith and I do some kind of gene splicing with random creature''.

The Force Alchemy is much more in line with what was revealed in ROTS (aka, Darth Plageuis)

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
06.20.2013 , 09:34 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
Well, Scarlet, Into the Void states clearly that the heroin used her animus to heal herself from near death.

So, well, she healed herself, with a life she created.

Also, Wookipedia have not been updated about Into the Void unique alchemy.

I would like to point that up to this point, Sith Alchemy was mostly about ''ah ah ah, I'm a super evil Sith and I do some kind of gene splicing with random creature''.

The Force Alchemy is much more in line with what was revealed in ROTS (aka, Darth Plageuis)
And using another life to heal yourself is also a form a control and that is sith as well.

Well if it is in line with Darth Plageuis then it is Sith.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30