Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The basis (lore) of Force Healing was revealed recently.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The basis (lore) of Force Healing was revealed recently.

Angedechu
06.19.2013 , 04:26 PM | #1
Before SW mmos, Force Healing (Sith or Jedi) was present, but not overly explained.

The latest book, ''Into the Void'' explains the basis of the procedure, and it's worth nothing when you get a heal from a random dude in a FP.

See, Force Healing is apparently related to the extremely gnarly and disturbing (as in ''good anime'' disturbing) Force Alchemy.

Not Sith Alchemy : Force Alchemy.

(Just to summarize here, ''Into the Void'', a part of the Dawn of the Jedi franchise, occurs in -25 000, at a time where there are no Jedi and Sith, but Je'dais. IE, the only order of Force users use both Light and Dark powers. It's worth nothing that the Jedis depicted in ''into the Void'' are kinda like the space nazis that Karen Traviss tried to push years ago : they are extremely callous, enjoy bouts of Force torture of their ennemies, blink no eye when their actions cause thousand of civilians deaths....and that's the point, they are not Sith)

Force Alchemy, showing a good grasp of the concept, involve the Je'dais creating an homunculus, an animus, IE to use the Force to create a living assemblage of flesh in their image. (1) And, in the novel, the main character use the animus to heal herself-she use it as a living battery, siphonning it with dark side powers to heal herself up. The novel flat out states that this is good for Je'dais to pratice their Healing talents.

(1)This, of course, give a whole new twist to the Darth Plageuis story. It also pretty much out spell out in crimson letters that the rather despicable main characters or her brother are in fact animus.

Note : no, this is not a fanfiction. This is official lore from an official book, ''Into the Void''.

AshlaBoga
06.19.2013 , 05:01 PM | #2
My Sorcerer went from Light I to Dark V when he became a healer...

Maybe this is why?
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Angedechu
06.19.2013 , 05:06 PM | #3
Your name show a great mastery of the Dawn of the Force period, Journeyer.

Wolfninjajedi
06.19.2013 , 05:09 PM | #4
Edit: Wait nvrm, was thinking of another.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Lugosi
06.19.2013 , 05:26 PM | #5
I thought they touched on this in Medstar I: Battle Surgeons and Medstar II: Jedi Healer. The books with Barriss Offee in them. It's been a while since I have read them so I can't be sure, but I thought they went into some sort of explanation.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

Lord_of_Mu
06.19.2013 , 05:29 PM | #6
Interesting though it does sound a bit like Fullmetal Alchemist. Just hope there isn't some 400 year old crone named Dante running around..

BrianDavion
06.19.2013 , 05:33 PM | #7
not all force healing is the exact same thing. and the ability to use the force to instantly heal massive wounds is... rare in the actual canon.

CosmicKat
06.19.2013 , 05:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
Before SW mmos, Force Healing (Sith or Jedi) was present, but not overly explained.

The latest book, ''Into the Void'' explains the basis of the procedure, and it's worth nothing when you get a heal from a random dude in a FP.

See, Force Healing is apparently related to the extremely gnarly and disturbing (as in ''good anime'' disturbing) Force Alchemy.

Not Sith Alchemy : Force Alchemy.

(Just to summarize here, ''Into the Void'', a part of the Dawn of the Jedi franchise, occurs in -25 000, at a time where there are no Jedi and Sith, but Je'dais. IE, the only order of Force users use both Light and Dark powers. It's worth nothing that the Jedis depicted in ''into the Void'' are kinda like the space nazis that Karen Traviss tried to push years ago : they are extremely callous, enjoy bouts of Force torture of their ennemies, blink no eye when their actions cause thousand of civilians deaths....and that's the point, they are not Sith)

Force Alchemy, showing a good grasp of the concept, involve the Je'dais creating an homunculus, an animus, IE to use the Force to create a living assemblage of flesh in their image. (1) And, in the novel, the main character use the animus to heal herself-she use it as a living battery, siphonning it with dark side powers to heal herself up. The novel flat out states that this is good for Je'dais to pratice their Healing talents.

(1)This, of course, give a whole new twist to the Darth Plageuis story. It also pretty much out spell out in crimson letters that the rather despicable main characters or her brother are in fact animus.

Note : no, this is not a fanfiction. This is official lore from an official book, ''Into the Void''.
Translation for the non-uber Star Wars fans out there....

Magic!

Angedechu
06.19.2013 , 05:47 PM | #9
You know, in Full Metal Alchemist and Force Alchemy, there is the term ''Alchemy''

Animus and Homunculi were the kind of stuff that were ressearched by alchemists.

Angedechu
06.19.2013 , 05:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
not all force healing is the exact same thing. and the ability to use the force to instantly heal massive wounds is... rare in the actual canon.
The book flat out states that the alchemy is the key to healing process.