Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfer Questions

curtkram
06.20.2013 , 10:53 AM | #11
great answer from the devs regarding point 4.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to give an update on the broken titles and achievements issue. These should be fixed with Game Update 2.2.1 next week. Also, after that point if you transfer a character you should not experience these issues.

If you run into any problems with your titles or achievements after 2.2.1, please contact CS.

-eric
would be nice to continue this address pionts 1-3. or maybe if eric wanted to come in here and let me know they have no intention of discussing any or all of these, that would at least be something.

Icebergy
06.20.2013 , 11:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
great answer from the devs regarding point 4.

would be nice to continue this address pionts 1-3. or maybe if eric wanted to come in here and let me know they have no intention of discussing any or all of these, that would at least be something.
All three of them have been answered by the devs, by other players in the other server transfers threads, and other players in this thread. Just stop.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 4/10 HM
Jedi Covenant

StaticSilence
06.20.2013 , 11:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
My point is -- some of these have been touched on by devs -- but ALL OF THESE QUESTIONS have been asked already, in a much more active thread, and there was absolutely no reason to make yet another thread on the matter.

You should've just posted in that thread. The one that even has developer responses -- meaning, they are continuing to read it, and respond when they have information to share.

Entire point is that there was no reason to post a brand new thread on this.
I agree this thread was not necessary.

I will point out that i prepared for server transfers over a year ago by not making alts on a server that i knew i would eventually leave. Now i only have toon to move; my first 50.
-- Guild: Gentlemen Gankers / Server: The Bastion --
Vickers, gunslinger | Deadlyburrito, vanguard | Staticsilence, commando
-- The Speyside Legacy --
"Once more, unto the breach."

curtkram
06.20.2013 , 11:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
All three of them have been answered by the devs, by other players in the other server transfers threads, and other players in this thread. Just stop.
there has been speculation by other players.

like i said, i looked through the dev tracker. i'm not perfect, and the dev's may have made statements i missed. if that's the case, instead of saying 'just stop,' please help out by posting a link. otherwise, i assume your claim that three questions have been answered is a deliberate falsehood and uncalled for.

obviously i've put a fair bit of thought into this, as i don't want my expectations to be as far off as they have been and i don't want to be upset when those expectations are not met. that's what causes a fairly significant amount of QQ in these forums, and to reduce the QQ, it would be best to give people realistic expectations. that's hard to do when the devs won't explain why they've decided not to implement NA-EU transfers even though they can and they want to.

so i guess the best i can tell, the reason they aren't actually talking about this, which they're not, despite the fact that a lot of players are talking about it in other threads, is that this is a way to introduce a new sliding scale for cartel charges. people with multiple characters are more vested in the game, and therefore willing to pay more. so a service can have a scalable price instead of a set price based on how vested the player is. this is what we should expect for future updates. in addition to the subscription, there will be some sort of scalable fee that gets higher the more vested you are. unless i'm mistaken, and my speculation is pretty much as valid as all of the other players.

other than that, i don't know what the development team wants the direction of this game to be. for now, i don't think they're focused on positive gameplay experience. when that's the case, it's hard for me to manage expectations. that appears to be the case with a lot of the people that complain on the forums. that's just an opinion, and it's just as valid as your opinion.

p.s.
i mean - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vested_interest - not a legal right. i am in no way suggesting there is any sort of legal or moral or any other implication to this suggestion. i know a lot of you like to make a big deal out of EULAs and such, so please understand i am in no way referring to anything legal at all, and this is not about semantics and picking apart ever word. that doesn't help. please try to understand the content and intent instead.

StaticSilence
06.20.2013 , 11:52 AM | #15
You type too much, curt. In four days (fingers crossed) we're going to find out exactly how transfers work anyways.
-- Guild: Gentlemen Gankers / Server: The Bastion --
Vickers, gunslinger | Deadlyburrito, vanguard | Staticsilence, commando
-- The Speyside Legacy --
"Once more, unto the breach."

psykhx
06.20.2013 , 12:49 PM | #16
It's nice to get a confirmation that the transfers are still planned for the next update... but I'd much appreciate clarification on transfers between REGIONS, as last time it was stated they had issues to address on this before being able to bring it live... any progress, ETA?
Everyone sees who you seem to be but few know you. -Machiavelli

tonooo
06.20.2013 , 02:38 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by psykhx View Post
It's nice to get a confirmation that the transfers are still planned for the next update... but I'd much appreciate clarification on transfers between REGIONS, as last time it was stated they had issues to address on this before being able to bring it live... any progress, ETA?
I agree. This will make or break the game for me, unless they put in cross server que's soon.