Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Love of Family Makes Us Stronger

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction

alaurin
06.19.2013 , 08:28 AM | #1
I have finally decided to give the Lauren girls their own thread. Their adventures began on the Short Fic Weekly Challenge thread (I wasn’t even sure I would post another after that first one because I was so nervous about it), but their story has grown more than I can realistically keep posting there. I will be cross posting their adventures from the SFC thread here as they fit in the timeline and will make a note when I do. They will still have adventures there as well, but it will keep more to the weekly prompts. Thank you to all of you who have been so kind and supportive with your comments in the SFC thread. That is why I was able to gather the courage to start this thread.

Please keep in mind that I am by no means a writer. I taught math for 5 years before having children so I am good with numbers, bad with words!! In fact, I dreaded writing papers in high school and college, choosing to wait until the last minute! While I feel that my writing ability has improved some, I am sure that there are English teachers out there that will cringe when reading my work. If you have any suggestions for improvement, I would love to hear them. However, please be kind and constructive about it. If you like the Lauren girls’ adventures please let me know! It is always good to hear if someone likes what you are writing about.

Many of the comments I have received on the SFC thread mentioned the family aspect that is in my stories. Family has always been extremely important to me and I know from personal experience that the bonds of family can cover great distances. The Lauren family is a very close knit family and that will show through in a lot of my stories. I tend to be better at writing happy stuff, so there will be a bit of humor, romance, and general fun. It won’t all be like that though, there will be some harsh times. I have done some research and will do my best to keep with lore and such, but there are times that I may incorporate things from everyday reality into my stories (I mean, come on, there HAS to be an equivalent to Victoria’s Secret in the Star Wars galaxy, not to mention things like chocolate and French fries!).

Belladonya and Mallayse will be the main characters in this tale, but Allissya and Roslynd will have a larger part as time progresses (and I have time to go through the JC/JK stories in game since it has been a while). I will include screenshots of what all 4 girls look like during their class stories. If I had any artistic ability, I would include pictures of them in their younger years. Alas, the best I can draw would be stick people and I am not even very good at that!

Here are the Screenshots: Bella, Mallay, Lissa, and Ros

I will attempt to be organized and keep up an outline here:

Part 1: The Lauren Legacy

Part 2: Misadventures on Ord Mantell

Part 3: Coruscant: An Interesting Place to Visit, But I Wouldn't Want to Live There!

Part 4: There's No Place Like Taris!
The Hunt Begins
There's Nothing Easy About Taris.....
Welcome to Taris.....Nothing to See Here
Please Don't Feed the Animals
Surviving Taris
Uncharted Territory
Worth the Risk
That's Not Funny!/The Scenic Route/Once Bitten....
What's Gotten Into You?!
Some People Just Need to Die
Okay....Out with It!
A Chaotic Symphony
Satisfying My Curiosity
Finders Keepers
A Man Down

alaurin
06.19.2013 , 08:36 AM | #2
Part 1: The Lauren Legacy

This first part all occurs before the class stories begin. I want to give you a better picture of the family dynamic and introduce characters that will be a part of and impact the Lauren family's lives.

This first entry is a big one, copied directly from the SFC thread. The only thing I changed really was the title, and edited any typos that I found. I kept the spoiler tags because of the length and parts do have violence, which I have put warnings on.

This 5 part series tells of an event that shaped the Lauren girls into the people they are today. I split it into 5 parts, each with a different prompt, hopefully making it easier to read. There are some parts with violence and gore and I will put warnings on those. I hope you enjoy it.

These events occur approximately 8 1/2 years before Bella and Mallay begin their class stories.

Spoilers: A minor reference to a mission on Hutta, but no others that I can think of

One Fateful Day

Part 1: My First

Spoiler

Part 2: Celebrations

Spoiler

Part 3: Worst Day Ever **Warning: violence, mild gore, and intended rape**

Spoiler

Part 4: Family **warning, mild gore**

Spoiler

Part 5: Legacy **warning, mild gore**

Spoiler

alaurin
06.19.2013 , 08:48 AM | #3
This next entry is new and long so I will use spoiler tags.

A New Beginning

Spoiler

alaurin
06.22.2013 , 07:04 AM | #4
This is a short, kinda silly installment, but it was fun to write! There are no spoilers since the girls have yet to begin their class stories. I will use the spoiler tags to save space since it has become habit. I hope you enjoy!

No More Hiding Myself!

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

alaurin
06.23.2013 , 06:39 AM | #5
Here is a much longer installment that occurs the same day as Bella and Mallay's shopping escapade. Again, no class spoilers. I promise, I will get to the class stories soon!

Being Neighborly

Spoiler

alaurin
06.23.2013 , 12:06 PM | #6
Another part today, occurring just a couple of months later than the previous one.

Yeah, That Just Happened!

Spoiler

Adwynyth
06.23.2013 , 01:08 PM | #7
*wanders in from other stories with popcorn*

Ooo! *sits down, munches*
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

alaurin
06.24.2013 , 01:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
*wanders in from other stories with popcorn*

Ooo! *sits down, munches*
mmmmm, popcorn......

This next installment takes place roughly 4 months after the last part. No spoilers, but there is some mild gore in this one, no violence.

One Life Ends, Another Begins

***warning: mild gore

Spoiler

alaurin
06.25.2013 , 02:19 PM | #9
This next installment immediately follows the last one. I promise, I will get to the class stuff very soon and I really hope it hasn't been too boring so far!

A New Friend

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler

Adwynyth
06.26.2013 , 12:48 PM | #10
Nice! And not boring....keep going!

*posts sign: "free popcorn"*
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress