Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Double XP Weekends are back

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Xerodine
06.28.2013 , 11:01 AM | #71
When will you finally add the option to turn double XP off? There are a lot of players who don't want to use it.

IkolLoki
06.28.2013 , 02:57 PM | #72
Could you please scrap the Double XP Weekend. I believe it is interfering with the OTP system.

Badal-Mirob
06.28.2013 , 03:14 PM | #73
I know this is a dead horse but I just want to get the final numbers straight...

I know the XP boosts stack with the double XP this weekend. Does that mean the final bonus is 225% or 250%?
A Jedi does not cling to sorrow. -Plo Koon

Tekener
06.29.2013 , 12:12 AM | #74
While I can see that some people just want to skip all this annoying quests and be max level asap - I play SWToR for the quests and the content... and playing since release - I enjoy it on every Alt....

This means now, play some different game as already suggested or do the boring Max Level dailies

May I suggest to add a "No Experience Gain" Token to the shop like Turbine? Great stuff - bought it in the second it was in the store. So you could make the rushers happy and earn some more money from folks like me... All are happy!

Dayfalling
06.29.2013 , 02:43 PM | #75
please atleast let Subs remove this double exp thing, I don't have any max lvl char yet and the journey is more important to me than the end is, and I prefer not to totally outlvl all my quests more than I already am

MrJurgens
06.30.2013 , 12:50 PM | #76
My Sentinel is almost 55. After he's done, I'm gonna start working on my Sage and Slinger.

Captain_Ackbar
06.30.2013 , 04:14 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Dfrac View Post
IMO, experience boosts of any type should not be available for people (like me) who have yet to max level a toon.

Since I subscribed I'm finding that with the XP boost I'm out-levelling content before I finish it. Why would I want to blow through the entire game like this? Its silly.
you can still do the quest if you are that into the story. I mean yeah you are over leveled for it but its not like the quest are that hard anyways.

NitroniumNine
07.01.2013 , 02:43 PM | #78
I'm just gonna throw this idea out there because people love and don't love (like me) the double xp weekends. SWTOR should switch its leveling system over to progression based and not xp based. That is your level is based on your progression through the main story line therefor allowing you to level as quickly or as slowly as you want

Bomyne
07.01.2013 , 08:41 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by NitroniumNine View Post
I'm just gonna throw this idea out there because people love and don't love (like me) the double xp weekends. SWTOR should switch its leveling system over to progression based and not xp based. That is your level is based on your progression through the main story line therefor allowing you to level as quickly or as slowly as you want
In theory, it's a great idea. It'd allow people to complete all the quests or just the class story without being the wrong level.

But how would it work in practice? How many quests would it take to gain a level? What rewards should non-class story quests give? etc.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

Spyderwraith
07.02.2013 , 04:47 PM | #80
This recent double XP weekend I got my level 14 Vanguard to 47. So 14-47 within a weekend. Sadly I will be working crappy hours on the last double XP weekend so i won't be able to maximize it. I'll hopefully be able to get him to 55 if i'm lucky.
I also have a level 50 Gunslinger and a level 50 powertech so give me more double xp weekends. These are great and actually makes me want to continue levelling new characters as opposed to dragging my heels doing the stupid planet quests.