Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please re-confirm that the new Flashpoints don't incur an additional cost

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Please re-confirm that the new Flashpoints don't incur an additional cost
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Soluss
06.19.2013 , 03:04 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
Well, then again....

If you do not believe a word that Bioware says and gives... why the heck ask any more questions?

You wouldn't believe the answers anyway.
You can hold them to it, if they answer it directly.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Deganji
06.19.2013 , 03:14 AM | #42
I really hope that they do give us these new flashpoint for free. I mean, they are flashpoints that should have been in the expansion in the first place. I've never seen an expansion so light on group content before. This is still an MMO right?

You know, if they wanted to make money, they'll keep the cartel market cosmetic only. Plenty of people will and are paying to be pretty. Beyond that, they need to make these "mini-expansions" yearly. Add a few levels, a new planet, and a few flashpoints/raid. Price it around the same as RotHC, give or take a few buck if it contains extra content like classes, new gameplay types, etc. Slap on a discount for subscribers, of course. That's how they can make some money off the people that don't use the market. I know I'd gladly pay a little extra for a small yearly expanion, hate waiting so long for expansions in previous MMOs I've played.

TheNahash
06.19.2013 , 03:27 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Yeah, so?
If you believe they should have given us Makeb for free and then they changed their minds and made us pay for it, what makes you so certain that them saying "you'll get it for free" won't turn into "oh, we added a few more things and it's now a digital expansion, you'll have to pay for"?

If you feel like you've already been "screwed over" by them, why ask them questions you won't truly believe the answers to anyway?
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

JPryde
06.19.2013 , 03:33 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
They DID answer it directly and they did not break that word so far, so what is this discussion about still?
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Soluss
06.19.2013 , 08:30 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Yeah, so?
If you believe they should have given us Makeb for free and then they changed their minds and made us pay for it, what makes you so certain that them saying "you'll get it for free" won't turn into "oh, we added a few more things and it's now a digital expansion, you'll have to pay for"?

If you feel like you've already been "screwed over" by them, why ask them questions you won't truly believe the answers to anyway?
I didn't ask any questions.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Soluss
06.19.2013 , 08:32 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
They DID answer it directly and they did not break that word so far, so what is this discussion about still?
Id imagine that people are posting their point of view, on the subject. Why are you still discussing it and why do you care?