Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfer are they coming next week the 25th?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfer are they coming next week the 25th?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Superman_AZ
06.19.2013 , 07:46 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Hi!
Today must be your first day on the forum.
Welcome! :P

Nah. I was having a rough day and that idiot just amplified it. I just don't get the mentality of some people. We ask for an answer, we get an answer, and then some butt-fedora has to spring into action and potentially scare off any chances of future interaction. It is people like THAT to blame for why Devs are leery to respond in most threads.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Amrahs
06.19.2013 , 08:15 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post

Nah. I was having a rough day and that idiot just amplified it. I just don't get the mentality of some people. We ask for an answer, we get an answer, and then some butt-fedora has to spring into action and potentially scare off any chances of future interaction. It is people like THAT to blame for why Devs are leery to respond in most threads.
Foot-in-mouth is a terrible disease that plagues many internet users. We must flag and report their insolence.
Amrahs

Superman_AZ
06.19.2013 , 08:21 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Amrahs View Post
Foot-in-mouth is a terrible disease that plagues many internet users. We must flag and report their insolence.

Nice thought. But if we banned all the idiots, the forum would slowly dwindle to 3 or 4 threads.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Rankyn
06.19.2013 , 10:08 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post

Nice thought. But if we banned all the idiots, the forum would slowly dwindle to 3 or 4 threads.
3 - 4 threads of actual constructive discussion would be preferable to what we have now.

Superman_AZ
06.19.2013 , 10:14 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
3 - 4 threads of actual constructive discussion would be preferable to what we have now.

If I could "thumbs up" this post... I WOULD

StaticSilence
06.19.2013 , 11:57 AM | #36
I'm inclined to agree with supermans original response to Hizoka. Hiz's response to eric's post was rather ingrateful and rude. Somewhat condesending even.

If you want devs to respond in the forum we, the customer base, need to be more respectful to the responses we do get. I work in customer/technical support. i can tell you that rude, condecending customers get the bare minimal service. Respectful, appreciative customers get us to go the extra step up for them. If you treat us well we'll do the same.

All that being said, thanks for the update, eric. I appreciate it.
-- Guild: Gentlemen Gankers / Server: The Bastion --
Vickers, gunslinger | Deadlyburrito, vanguard | Staticsilence, commando
-- The Speyside Legacy --
"Once more, unto the breach."

Superman_AZ
06.19.2013 , 01:50 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by StaticSilence View Post
I'm inclined to agree with supermans original response to Hizoka. Hiz's response to eric's post was rather ingrateful and rude. Somewhat condesending even.

If you want devs to respond in the forum we, the customer base, need to be more respectful to the responses we do get. I work in customer/technical support. i can tell you that rude, condecending customers get the bare minimal service. Respectful, appreciative customers get us to go the extra step up for them. If you treat us well we'll do the same.

All that being said, thanks for the update, eric. I appreciate it.

Thanks for that. I found that post to be incredibly disrespectful as well.

psykhx
06.20.2013 , 12:32 AM | #38
And what of the transfers between regions?
Everyone sees who you seem to be but few know you. -Machiavelli

CrazyMcGee
06.20.2013 , 12:35 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Thanks so much for this update, Eric. As you seem to do such a good job of reading most if not all of what is on the forums, you'll probably anticipate my next question, cos I've been asking...

Does this mean that the broken achievement systems for all APAC players who already transferred will be fixed in 2.2.1? It's great if you've sorted it out for new transfers, but I want to know if those of us whose games have been broken for weeks will be fixed?

Please tell me this isn't going to be one of those where new transfers will be fine, but you'll forget about those of us who are already suffering with the bug!

I'm sure everyone else will jump on me if I am being unreasonable, but is it too much to ask for a response on this please? If the update is coming in less than a week, you must know if you can fix our broken achievements in that patch or not, right? Or at least give us an estimate?

I'll make it easy...

A) APAC players broken achievements will definitely be fixed in 2.2.1
B) We hope to fix APAC players broken achievements in 2.2.1, but are still testing
C) It doesn't look like we'll be able to fix APAC players broken achievements in 2.2.1, but we're still working on this and we hope to have a fix, if not in 2.2.1, then really soon
D) Right now this is not fixable. We're really sorry for the problems APAC players are suffering, and we're working really hard on a fix, but we currently don't have an estimate for when we can do this.

Honestly, I would be happy with any of these answers over total radio silence, so can we please have some information? You must be able to say one of these answers right now, I've covered it all right?
Still hoping for an answer...

CptSolo
06.20.2013 , 10:26 PM | #40
Quick question that I haven't been able to find - does anyone know how long the transfer process takes per toon? Minutes? Hours? Days? Would be helpful to know so I can limit my down time when transferring to a new server.