Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Server Transfer are they coming next week the 25th?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfer are they coming next week the 25th?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
06.18.2013 , 03:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Not holding them to 2.2.1, but hopefully we can get a response one way or the other...

True. An update would certainly be appreciated. I have no dog in this fight, but I know people who do and I am sure any kind of update would be welcomed.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
06.18.2013 , 03:06 PM | #12 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Yes, Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1. The reason we didn't post anything about it is that simply put, nothing changed. I will typically only post about something changing from what I had already stated previously.

Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1 which is targeted for next Tuesday, June 25th. I will let you know if anything changes, the second it changes.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pistols's Avatar


Pistols
06.18.2013 , 03:07 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCanukk View Post
If it comes..

it comes.. they won't promise anything beyond that..

I'd rather have them delay and get it right then release it and have too many problems ..be a far bigger issue if server transfers screwed up someones hundreds of hours put into developing a toon. There is going to be people ************ about the way its implemented anyways so they might as well get things as correct as they can 1st.
Nobody is asking for a promise....just an update on whether or not it might be on track for 2.2.1.

Also, in regards to screwing up toons, most of the transfers are "copies" of characters, so even if something screwy were to happen in the process, the original copy on the origin server would ensure the original toon and the contents.

Pistols's Avatar


Pistols
06.18.2013 , 03:09 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Yes, Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1. The reason we didn't post anything about it is that simply put, nothing changed. I will typically only post about something changing from what I had already stated previously.

Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1 which is targeted for next Tuesday, June 25th. I will let you know if anything changes, the second it changes.

-eric
Thanks Eric.

Hizoka's Avatar


Hizoka
06.18.2013 , 03:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Yes, Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1. The reason we didn't post anything about it is that simply put, nothing changed. I will typically only post about something changing from what I had already stated previously.

Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1 which is targeted for next Tuesday, June 25th. I will let you know if anything changes, the second it changes.

-eric
we are all worried because you guys have had nearly 2 years to make this happen and not only do you drop the ball you kick it out into traffic.

I mean i was all set to transfer to a new guild to start Nightmare modes... and you guys screwed not only me but everyone in the guild i am joining.

The onyl reason i am not stopping my account is because you guys screwed the pooch on NiM TFB anyways so there is no real loss at this point.

iamthehoyden's Avatar


iamthehoyden
06.18.2013 , 03:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffSantos View Post
No, its not like that. If you have all 4 buffs (which is my case), any toon that you transfer will carry these 4 buffs. Developers already confirmed that.
That would be great...do you happen to have a source for that? I haven't seen it (that I recall) and would like to see the details.

Thanks for the confirmation that the 25th is the planned date, Eric.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
06.18.2013 , 03:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hizoka View Post
we are all worried because you guys have had nearly 2 years to make this happen and not only do you drop the ball you kick it out into traffic.

I mean i was all set to transfer to a new guild to start Nightmare modes... and you guys screwed not only me but everyone in the guild i am joining.

The onyl reason i am not stopping my account is because you guys screwed the pooch on NiM TFB anyways so there is no real loss at this point.
Really? We finally coax them out for an answer and you have to swoop in like a jerk? How about a more succinct and less snarky comment next time? Next time just type "It's about time" and walk away. We're in here sincerely looking for a response and you just want to throw a punch or two. It's no wonder we have issues getting Devs to answer in threads.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Pistols's Avatar


Pistols
06.18.2013 , 03:21 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
Really? We finally coax them out for an answer and you have to swoop in like a jerk? How about a more succinct and less snarky comment next time? Next time just type "It's about time" and walk away. We're in here sincerely looking for a response and you just want to throw a punch or two. It's no wonder we have issues getting Devs to answer in threads.
I usually disagree with Superman, because he wears tights, but I have to agree here.

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
06.18.2013 , 03:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
I usually disagree with Superman, because he wears tights, but I have to agree here.

lol thanks. Fortunately, it is no longer blue spandex with the red underwear on the outside. The new flexible blue ringmail suit is pretty nice Already saw the new one in 3D... twice

On Topic: Thank you. Some of us are actually appreciative of a Dev or CM taking time out to respond to our questions. Other sites, like Battle Net, you get a Dev response in silly threads only. At least the BWEA Devs are kind enough to take a minute and give an honest answer to a sincere question. It's people like Hizoka that makes Devs leery to even respond at all. Some people's kids. No friggin' manners.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Groncho's Avatar


Groncho
06.18.2013 , 03:33 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Yes, Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1. The reason we didn't post anything about it is that simply put, nothing changed. I will typically only post about something changing from what I had already stated previously.

Paid Character Transfers are still slated for 2.2.1 which is targeted for next Tuesday, June 25th. I will let you know if anything changes, the second it changes.

-eric
any chance to get transfers from EU to US servers?
Ch
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=