Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Awww crud.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ninjonxb
06.18.2013 , 04:31 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey Alec_Fortescue,

They are not retroactive. The monthly grant of Cartel Coins you receive will still remain (and you already have the Kurtob Alliance Speeder). The reason why is that our new Friends Program has a new tracking system on the web that wasn't there previously. Because of this, it is considered a new program. We are still hammering out different ways for Subscribers to receive the rewards through this program.

Once we have those details hammered out, I will give y'all an update!
Any chance the change will fix some of the problems with the email never being sent to people you refer. I have had this problem and called support several times and started a thread in the support forum with no real help and would be nice to see this no longer being a problem.

Artemys
06.18.2013 , 07:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Telanis View Post
because you could simply add all the people who referred a friend to the new system.
Everyone assumes things can be done simply, on the technical side, even the "simplest" looking things are not so simple.
Check out myYoutube Channel Swtor for Storyline and PvP Videos!
Lexi'belle | Artemys | Marce
Sorcerer| Operative | Juggernaut
Free Character Transfer

ArashiPrimeTwo
06.18.2013 , 07:50 PM | #13
Wow, you have got to be kidding me. I've been trying to refer 2 people for two months now. First I was told that you had to wait until the first billing period was over. So I waited and tried again after the time with my box ran out. Still no luck. Oh, of course, that wasn't considered a billing period as it was free time with the boxed copy. So now yesterday my first true "billed directly to my credit card" period ended, and it's now too late. I can't begin to express how frustrating this entire thing is, especially since the actual error message came up was a very generic "You can't refer this email address" error. And to cancel the program with no warning, right before the double XP weekends... I try to give Bioware a lot of slack, come on, a little heads-up before cancelling a program like this would have been appreciated. I would have just had someone else with an older account do the referrals, at least someone would have gotten something out of it.

Hyfy
06.18.2013 , 08:36 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey Alec_Fortescue,

They are not retroactive. The monthly grant of Cartel Coins you receive will still remain (and you already have the Kurtob Alliance Speeder). The reason why is that our new Friends Program has a new tracking system on the web that wasn't there previously. Because of this, it is considered a new program. We are still hammering out different ways for Subscribers to receive the rewards through this program.

Once we have those details hammered out, I will give y'all an update!
Wait there's a cartel coin grant? Was that something added after the fact because as I recall I have not seen any CC's besides the 500 monthly and 100 extra for the security key.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

Hyfy
06.18.2013 , 08:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ArashiPrimeTwo View Post
Wow, you have got to be kidding me. I've been trying to refer 2 people for two months now. First I was told that you had to wait until the first billing period was over. So I waited and tried again after the time with my box ran out. Still no luck. Oh, of course, that wasn't considered a billing period as it was free time with the boxed copy. So now yesterday my first true "billed directly to my credit card" period ended, and it's now too late. I can't begin to express how frustrating this entire thing is, especially since the actual error message came up was a very generic "You can't refer this email address" error. And to cancel the program with no warning, right before the double XP weekends... I try to give Bioware a lot of slack, come on, a little heads-up before cancelling a program like this would have been appreciated. I would have just had someone else with an older account do the referrals, at least someone would have gotten something out of it.
It's not your billing cycle but after your referred friends billing cycle comes up and they renew.

Andryah
06.18.2013 , 08:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
It's not your billing cycle but after your referred friends billing cycle comes up and they renew.
OR.. if the friend plops a 60 day game time card or 60 day time purchase (from the account page) on their account.. you get immediate credit for their sub.

In other words, as soon as 30 days sub is paid... you get credit. Game cards or the 60 day sub buy from the account page are credited immediately, whereas regular sub is only credited when the players credit card is charged.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Andryah
06.18.2013 , 08:50 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyfy View Post
Wait there's a cartel coin grant? Was that something added after the fact because as I recall I have not seen any CC's besides the 500 monthly and 100 extra for the security key.
100 coins per month per referred friend for each month they remain subbed to the game. It began on the date that F2P went live. I don't recall exactly when the first batch was credited though (on the date F2P went live or the date of the referred friends sub renewal date).
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Andryah
06.18.2013 , 08:55 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ArashiPrimeTwo View Post
a very generic "You can't refer this email address" error.
For that error message......sounds to me like you or your friend did not follow required process for refer-a-friend.

Most likely the friend already had an account active with Bioware for the email address you referred. You cannot refer to an email address that already has an account tied to it.

The refer a friend procedure must be followed exactly. If your friend creates an account before receiving your referral through the Bioware site, you cannot get a refer-a-friend award.

Hyfy
06.18.2013 , 09:59 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
OR.. if the friend plops a 60 day game time card or 60 day time purchase (from the account page) on their account.. you get immediate credit for their sub.

In other words, as soon as 30 days sub is paid... you get credit. Game cards or the 60 day sub buy from the account page are credited immediately, whereas regular sub is only credited when the players credit card is charged.
That I didn't know.

Pauleh
06.19.2013 , 05:31 AM | #20
I have terrible timing, just had several people sign up due to my stream, would've cashed in