Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8 Man Progression sit down

ancksunamur
06.18.2013 , 11:43 AM | #1
Well in a perfect world I would love to have a nice brunch with leaders of the competing guilds. But that can't happen. Bioware really doesn't care about a whole lot and just has nothing to do with any real form of competition. So it's up to us the participating guilds to do this. So am reaching out to the leaders of every guild on the 8 man progression race or potentially would like to be on that. I believe we need to get together and hash out some form of agenda so there isn't all this mudslinging and we all don't look like political parties come the next expansion.

My thought is at the end of the month and would love to have both Euro, and US guilds for this, a neutral vent with a representative from each guild. Now my French is a little rusty its been a few years since I have visited the country, and I think I can get a German translator (I have a cousin that lives in Munich, though not the best with the language.) I do have such a vent which is not my guilds and would like feedback on if people would like to make this happen. Please spread the word to the servers and the PVE community. I think this will only help clear things up and prevent such occurrences from happening again.

Fill free to leave feedback, or contact me in game on the Bastion, Eudorus or viea suckafish.enjin.com Thank you all for your time.
HMFiC of SuckaFish - Empire (The Bastion)

http://SuckaFish.enjin.com
50 Powertech: Donn

paowee
06.18.2013 , 11:46 AM | #2
reserved
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Nibbon
06.18.2013 , 11:59 AM | #3
This is exactly what us 16 man guilds did a while back. I logged onto all the servers, whispered a member, spoke with the guild leaders/officers - got their email addresses - organized a time to meet and we all spoke on one of our mumble servers. It is a good idea, especially if this is in regards to coming to an agreement on your progression tracking (which wasn't clear, but not sure what else it would be).

Our meeting, at least, was very civilized and really very productive (and a lot of fun, being able to speak with other guild leaders of top raiding guilds).

KeyboardNinja
06.18.2013 , 01:50 PM | #4
I'm in. I don't lead my guild, but I can speak for them. We also do not (presently) participate in the world progression race, but we're usually in the top three for our server. <The Underworld Alliance> is the only Ebon Hawk guild on the world progression list, and I'm good friends with their GM, so I can pass the word along to get them involved.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

glomeo
06.19.2013 , 12:16 AM | #5
I or another officer representing Lethal Dose Fifty will be happy to join this discussion.
@LD50Maginot - Vanguard Tank - Jedi Covenant

tobiasvonw
06.19.2013 , 03:14 AM | #6
In Germany we even made an Agreement.

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/sh...d.php?t=650660

i think one of our leaders will be there, too.
Tobiasvon | Tobsen
Schurkenheal | Schattendd
Ambassadors

Lacedemon
06.19.2013 , 05:03 AM | #7
This is something we would definitely be interested in discussing
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth - http://dilih.eu/
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server

Krewel
06.19.2013 , 06:18 AM | #8
Yeah, let's sit down and drink ourselves to death, especially the guilds on TOFN, it's about the only sensible thing to do at this point. Let's all sit down and drink to our fallen comrades, hundreds of raiders who have succumbed to the relentless disease of SWTOR - ****** endgame.

Let us dream of better times and our past glory!
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

Heidy
06.19.2013 , 06:23 AM | #9
Well, good idea.
Revenge is interested, too.
PR & News - Seven Stuck -
Pyhä - Sorcerer Heal || Ursel - Operative DPS
German PvE Progression
PvE Hexer-Heiler-Guide

Ardarell_Solo
06.19.2013 , 06:41 AM | #10
Yes, yes, us Germans - we always do things very thoroughly, and write down stuff, so it's "official" ;-))

But, seriously, I feel that doing that has somehow turned a fuzzy, semi-official and hard to grasp progress thread into a competition that is all the more fun, since we now know that everyone else is playing by the same rules and everyone has their fair chance in competing. It even brought people to an agreement that weren't exactly on the best terms, which is a benefit in itself...

Here's a rough translation of the agreement:

Dear Community and foremost dear PvE progress guilds,

Regarding: TFB Nightmare and skipping bosses

As many of you have already heard, there is a heated controversy in the US-Forums about the question whether you can or should skip bosses in progress race.

Well. Progress in SWTOR is only possible by means of the community. That means we are taking care of tracking who was "first" ourselves. So it's us who set the rules for it. Of course, technically speaking, guilds who have skipped bosses have killed later bosses first. But this is not acknowledged by the Community and as we, as already explained, organize progress ourselves, it is in fact not a first kill, if you've skipped bosses before.
As Bioware refuses to provide assistance on the issue, we have to rely on claims and screenshots (that, sadly enough, can easily be faked). That's why progress has become a difficult issue...

For the first time we are facing a really hard challenge (Dread Guards) that can't be downed after two trys, but demand a lot more from all members. We're experiencing real progress for the very first time. Bioware fails to introduce separate lockouts for HC and NiM, sadly, so some guilds have taken the chance to skip bosses on nightmare mode to achieve what they consider first kills of later bosses.
This has further consequences, as, apart from having killed or seen later bosses, you gain an unfair advantage with loot from those bosses.
Dread Guards have now been downed, but the encounter remains very, very hard.

That's why I ask you, especially progress raiders, NOT to skip the boss, regardless of doing it with your main or with alts to farm gear from later bosses. Please be fair and honest with other guilds who play by that rule. This way killing the Dread Guards will have a whole different meaning for those who achieve it.

Gentlemen's Agreement: Skipping bosses is not and shall never be allowed in German PvE-progress Community.
In short: No skipping of bosses, regardless which toon is used.

We have already talked to some guilds on T3-M4 und almost everyone agrees. So please take this as an invitation to "sign" this.

The following guilds have agreed and accepted the above:

T3-M4
Revenge
First Try
Team Rot
immortalis
Ambassadors
rude
Initium
Corruptio Nex
Meister des Kerns
insanity
Absolut
Caelum
Mighty Darks
Die neue Hoffnung
Wipe

Jar’Kai Sword
Loom
RENOVATIO
Gnawers
The Order

Vanjervalis Chain
Old Knights of the Republic
Insomnia
Black Bantha

We do think the boss is doable. So, girls and boys, clench your teeth and wipe, wipe and, well... kill!!

Best regards

Pyhä Sith-Sorcerer (Heal)
- Revenge - T3-M4 (EU)

German PvE Progression
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> T3-M4