Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An Update on the Summer of SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
An Update on the Summer of SWTOR
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
06.18.2013 , 03:17 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by KathrynLong View Post
Actually, we already have bloom in the game, we just keep it pretty subtle. Don't worry, the art style remains intact! I'm sure there will be some additional info coming before 2.3 about these improvements. I'm really excited about them. We're always trying to give our artists more tools for making great stuff for you.
Pretties are appreciated...as long as they don't make our computers go into convulsions
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Master-Nala
06.18.2013 , 03:22 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Warzone ARENAS huh? Hmmm....very interesting! I hope that ends up being what I want it to mean. I'd love an arena where the primary objective, was PvP focused.
Agreed. Really wondering how the Dread Masters figure into PvP. Darn it, I'm getting excited!

Elfa
06.18.2013 , 03:58 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGile View Post
Warzone Arenas... ?? **gets all tingly inside** Could be arenas like.. huttball arenas, or could be ARENAS (2v2, 3v3)! Either would be welcome.

I'm thinking free for all.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

DrKlep
06.18.2013 , 05:05 PM | #84
Please stop scheduling events the same week as major gaming conventions. I missed almost all of the August event last year because it was scheduled with GenCon, and so is this Bounty Hunting thing.

Machine-Elf
06.18.2013 , 05:06 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by caronome View Post
I was listening to Otinicast and they said that BW said that old "tiers" used to use color to (paraphrasing) distinguish your epeen. A podcast is the closest I'll get to endgame ops gear so idk but the shimmer/glow in the new dragon gear. As soon as I heard that, I thought it could be the new graphics upgrade and this seems to confirm it.

I have no idea but hope it is an affect that mere mortals or at least mortals with CC can effect.
What?

rbaratheon
06.18.2013 , 05:11 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Double XP Weekends! Wed like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three sessions of double XP, beginning with this weekend
NOOO!!! I'm working the first weekend and on vacation the next 2. Clearly this is Bioware's fault and I demand compensation in the form of 5 million in-game credits and 10,000 CC.

But in all seriousness: will there be another weekend in the fall or winter?
Februus- Operative, Kaarsa- Juggernaut, Korrlatt- 51 Sorcerer
Silenus- Shadow, Whiskey'jackk- Gunslinger, Endy'mion- Commando, Tarkas- Sentinel

EliteHippie
06.18.2013 , 05:25 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
And AGAIN whiners commenting in an unrelated thread (this was about releases in the FUTURE, not issues now) about something off-topic. (sigh).
One would assume a official generalized "Summer of SWTOR" update thread would contain something about what a large portion of players are waiting for that has been slated for release during said summer. God forbid some of us want information, you better get the group together for the stoning.

Aikura
06.18.2013 , 05:49 PM | #88
Lots to be excited about!

BUT why no update or mention of (insert trivial, irrelevant non-issue that, despite my posting about it every other day and it being addressed by the devs elsewhere, I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to post it again here)?
-THE ARCLIGHTER LEGACY-
Drinn: "Come into the light, or I will drag you to it."
Triq: "The galaxy turns on a thousand subtle pushes."
Zetha: "Pay me to care."

spectreclees
06.18.2013 , 05:57 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Pretties are appreciated...as long as they don't make our computers go into convulsions
How could they make the engine any worse?

Markuswaters
06.18.2013 , 06:16 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

Game-wide color vibrancy improvement
Will this include a fix for the visible neck seam on races like the Cathar?
"Sic vis pacem para bellum." -Latin Proverb