Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An Update on the Summer of SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
An Update on the Summer of SWTOR
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheNahash
07.09.2013 , 04:57 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
To be fair, they are starting to add more variety in the fights. In SNV the Cartel Warlord fight is multiple guys fighting at once, though we all still zerg down one guy.
To be honest, I never saw the problem with zerging down one guy, when there are tactics involved and when not every single fight is like that.
I know it's probably Ohlen's fault for making it sound like it would be something radically different than normal, but... what would that be like?

However, they did not just now start adding more variety in fights. There were always fights with variety where it didn't just mean zerging on one guy. The Pylons and The Infernal Council on Eternity Vault, the Puzzles on every single operation, world bosses like the Nightmare Pilgrimage, the Dread Guard fight etc all had things that required the larger team to break up into smaller groups.

I suppose what I want to say is that I don't get the hate in working as a team to bring down one enemy. The enemy is not your equal, therefore it makes sense that you'd need more than one person to bring him down. It also makes working as a team much more important than any individual within that team. And isn't that what Operations are supposed to be about?
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Joesixxpack
07.09.2013 , 05:14 AM | #112
> Summer of SWTOR!
> Stay tuned about new PVP content this fall!

SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

MrJurgens
07.09.2013 , 06:18 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
> Summer of SWTOR!
> Stay tuned about new PVP content this fall!

All I heard from the July video was that it was exciting... nothing else. Go figure.