Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Overmannus
06.18.2013 , 06:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
See red for my response.
And all those things are still free, for subscribers, your point is?

Apeth
06.18.2013 , 06:51 AM | #22
So...asking a simple question is now considered QQ? Wow. has that term taken a dramatic fall.
Wow you seriously need to chill out. The FP is free as is all of 2.4 content as already posted by dev. If you read the forums instead of going loco on them you would know that.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.

zzoorrzz
06.18.2013 , 06:52 AM | #23
Personally I wouldn't be surprised if all upcoming FPs and Ops were available only via CM. Basically everything we've seen recently was except Makeb which was a digital expansion and the new FPs and Ops were part of it, so they were not free for subscribers too.

I'm not saing it's impossible they will release some relevant new content that will become standard part of our subscribtion in the future. But at this point, I don't expect that anymore, they must prove otherwise.

ninjonxb
06.18.2013 , 06:53 AM | #24
As a subscriber i HIGHLY doubt they will charge us (Subs) to access this content. If we were looking forward to 3.0 in 2 months instead of 2.3, it would be a completely different story.

The better question though is. How much will the new flashpoints cost for F2P. I am curious about this. This cost will cause large queue problems (i am a tank) for most people and I am hoping it won't be to much for them.
But I am also expecting F2P to have to pay for it.

Devlonir
06.18.2013 , 06:55 AM | #25
Heck, you could even debate the level 55 Hardmodes have no cost. Yes, you pay to be able to become level 55, but do you have to pay for access to them as soon as you go F2P after buying Makeb? I think not. Also, the new Operation you might have to pay to have access to as F2P, but that is because you pay for Operation access regardless of your level, not because the Operation itself is behind a pay-gate beyond needing level 55.

So no, there is no trend of actual game content, meaning flashpoints, warzones, daily areas and events, costing money at all.

So OP, following current trends; it will cost nothing.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Taorus
06.18.2013 , 06:58 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Apeth View Post
Wow you seriously need to chill out. The FP is free as is all of 2.4 content as already posted by dev. If you read the forums instead of going loco on them you would know that.
At what point did I appear heated that, I needed to chill out? So asking a calm reasonable question is now considered going loco? Truly a shame what public education has done to the masses.

Lord_Karsk
06.18.2013 , 06:58 AM | #27
Gonna be like Makeb, all future content is half price for subs, guessing 10/20$.
So 1 new flashpoint maybe 20$ ?Maybe the same for the pvp 2.4 update.

Devlonir
06.18.2013 , 07:03 AM | #28
At what point did I appear heated that, I needed to chill out? So asking a calm reasonable question is now considered going loco? Truly a shame what public education has done to the masses.
Passive Agressiveness is the 'smart' man's way of freaking out.

And almost all your posts in this thread were passive aggressive.

So please, get your head out of your.... sand.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Hyfy
06.18.2013 , 07:06 AM | #29
So...asking a simple question is now considered QQ? Wow. has that term taken a dramatic fall.
When a simple response is apologist tactics yeah it is.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

CrazyCanukk
06.18.2013 , 07:07 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
Passive Agressiveness is the 'smart' man's way of freaking out.

And almost all your posts in this thread were passive aggressive.

So please, get your head out of your.... sand.
Don't try and argue..

after seeing this comment he made in the first page
Would like a response from EAware, The apologists head in the sand tactics are not quite helpful.
and his EAware statement and "apologist" comment

the guy is looking to try and Flamebait the forum and attempting to start a controversy for whatever reason his mind decided it was 'fun" to do. He's got his hate on and is looking for a place to aim it and trying to bait others into feeding his need for a flame war with someone..

best to report the comment as flamebaiting and move on.