Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
06.18.2013 , 09:55 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Agreed. You cannot count box sales = subs in MMOs. I have a friend that still has an unopened box for SWTOR on the shelf and has never played the game yet.
LOL! Of course you do...shocking to everyone I'm sure.

Kilora, just give it up. You have the facts. 2.58 million sold, under 500k subs.

If you were to guess, how many of those sales do you think are unopened boxes? Just throw out a %...humor me.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Skaol-dirtyd's Avatar


Skaol-dirtyd
06.18.2013 , 09:57 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Covaltage View Post
This kind of bothers me, I bought this game 3 weeks before the deadline for "founder" titles, but since my credit card wasn't charged for a "subscription" until a week after the deadline, I never got my founder title. So they really were counting me as a subscriber during that time period huh?
Unfortunately for you yes they were

"The company launched “Star Wars” in late December, and reported it has sold through more than 2 million units of the game and now has about 1.7 million active subscribers playing the online multiplayer title, which Brown said represents a mix of users who already have signed up for a paid subscription and users who have given their credit cards over, but have not yet had their paid plans kick in."

From this article directly out of there qrtly earnings call
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ea-...off-2012-02-01
The Best Player Reward Program! That is how it is done right!

psandak's Avatar


psandak
06.18.2013 , 09:57 AM | #133
I have read every post in this thread.

Going back to the beginning:
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
So sometime in August, After nearly a year and a half we may or may not get "new" Flashpoints. With the largest content update ever...Er Pardon, Mini Xpac/DLC we were charged $9.99. An since our "complimentary" Cartel Coins have taken on a mandatory roll. I am curious as to how much the "new" flashpoints will cost.

1. Will the cost be account wide or Server/Legacy?
2. Will it be it be a monthly unlock or a one time sale?

I would have mentioned the "new" pvp content, But October is a little far off?
You are making a lot of incorrect assumptions:

#1 Yes, it was floated at one point that the RotHC content might be free for subscribers. When the release announcement was made, obviously that "might" became "no," and subscribers were charged $10 for the expansion/content patch/whatever you want to call it. Just because they made the decision to charge subscribers for a small expansion does not automatically mean they will charge for every subsequent content patch.

#2 You make the monumental leap that because we were charged for RotHC, an expansion, that EVERY content patch from here on will be charged for. Yes, RotHC was not a big expansion, but when it comes to MMOs it does fit the definition of expansion: new content, new level cap, new abilities. And ALL MMOs charge for expansions, but NONE charge for content patches.

#3 For subscribers, the Cartel Market is nothing more than cosmetic and vanity fluff. Name me one thing that a subscriber HAS to buy off the cartel market in order to play this game to its fullest. And before you say, "the Cathar race," a subscriber can participate in every aspect of this game without ever unlocking the Cathar race. Heck, a subscriber does not even need to play any race other than human and can participate in every aspect of this game. ALL the races are fluff - there is no advantage to playing any one race over another.

#4 In the past when EA/BioWare was going to charge for anything, they have given the player population ample warning and opened it to pre-order. What makes you think now they will spring it on us like some sort of trap? If they intended to charge for 2.3 they would have said so by now, if the ETA release date is accurate.

So to answer your question: How much will they charge? I say BIG FAT ZERO

Tachenko_Yuri's Avatar


Tachenko_Yuri
06.18.2013 , 09:58 AM | #134
c'mon eric close this one down it's just the usual ladies throwing their handbags at each other, gets boring after a while, even annoying.

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
06.18.2013 , 09:59 AM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
LOL! Of course you do...shocking to everyone I'm sure.

Kilora, just give it up. You have the facts. 2.58 million sold, under 500k subs.

If you were to guess, how many of those sales do you think are unopened boxes? Just throw out a %...humor me.
Unlike you, I wouldn't begin to assume or throw number out of thin air.
Nor would I begin to assume why any specific amount left, or that they all "left" for the same reason.

Continue talking out of your ***, though. This thread has quickly turned into exactly what the OP wanted, and I'll leave before it gets any worse.

Skaol-dirtyd's Avatar


Skaol-dirtyd
06.18.2013 , 10:00 AM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Unlike you, I wouldn't begin to assume or throw number out of thin air.
Nor would I begin to assume why any specific amount left, or that they all "left" for the same reason.

Continue talking out of your ***, though. This thread has quickly turned into exactly what the OP wanted, and I'll leave before it gets any worse.
Deflect and leave once proven wrong... Smart move
The Best Player Reward Program! That is how it is done right!

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
06.18.2013 , 10:03 AM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
If you'd like to continue lying and being a dick, fine.
Name calling and pretending I'm lying, when I'm the only one giving facts? Nice...you sure know how to debate well Kilora. It probably is best if you just add me to your ignore list. I'm tired of seeing you calling people names.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
06.18.2013 , 10:04 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Skaol-dirtyd View Post
Deflect and leave once proven wrong... Smart move
Oh look! Commenting on other people for no reason.

I wasn't proven wrong. In fact, someone just posted something that proves my point. 2.58 million box sales, yet they reported 1.7 million with active accounts and either purchased subs or credit cards on file.

So, does this mean that almost 1mil left within the first 20-30 days? Give me a break.

In fact, it was you:

Quote: Originally Posted by Skaol-dirtyd View Post
"The company launched “Star Wars” in late December, and reported it has sold through more than 2 million units of the game and now has about 1.7 million active subscribers playing the online multiplayer title, which Brown said represents a mix of users who already have signed up for a paid subscription and users who have given their credit cards over, but have not yet had their paid plans kick in."

From this article directly out of there qrtly earnings call
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ea-...off-2012-02-01
Or, are you going to tell me that we should count every single boxed sale as an active subscriber who paid for a subscription. Clearly, there is a difference there.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
06.18.2013 , 10:05 AM | #139
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Unlike you, I wouldn't begin to assume or throw number out of thin air.
Nor would I begin to assume why any specific amount left, or that they all "left" for the same reason.

Continue talking out of your ***, though. This thread has quickly turned into exactly what the OP wanted, and I'll leave before it gets any worse.
Ah! So...facts, to you, are me talking out of my arse? Huh? You should leave. You have a history of name calling and I'm tired of it.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
06.18.2013 , 10:07 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Oh look! Commenting on other people for no reason.

I wasn't proven wrong. In fact, someone just posted something that proves my point. 2.58 million box sales, yet they reported 1.7 million with active accounts and either purchased subs or credit cards on file.

So, does this mean that almost 1mil left within the first 20-30 days? Give me a break.
2.58 million, as of last week...not the week of launch. Geezus.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here [FREE server transfer being a key perk!!])