Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Another lost subscription

Elminster_cs
06.18.2013 , 07:05 AM | #21
The lack of things to do is a huge problem in swtor.

In our guild we reach about 40 player online last month and now if we hit 20 is a good day.
That is because there is nothing to do on end game, just farm some reputation and gain new gear. Nothing else.

I will keep subscribing because i have not finished all class story, i just need the last 3.
But when i will finish them i will look forward to TESO or FFIV and this is really sad because i love this game, but i'm getting tired of it.

Take a look at the number of WoW, how many raid and dungeon there are and divide them by the number of year and here comes the result.

Operation will be:
about 6 at the end of this year ---> so 3 per year for swtor
about 31 at the end of this year --> 3.5 per year for wow

Dungeond will be.
about 70 at the end of this yaer --> 7.7 per year for wow
about 17 at the end of this year ---> 8.5 per year for swtor

So as you can see we are close, but the problem is another.
The number of bosses per istance is really lower (s&w is a good one)!!
Plus there are 16 event in game you can do and a real good PvP system...

I love this game, i love content every 6/8 weeks, but we need END GAME that keep us playing!!! Not just operation!
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

asbalana
06.18.2013 , 08:00 AM | #22
Good post OP; just the tip of the iceberg, but good post.

My subjective perception is that players are starting to drop quite quickly again. I am not sure as to the ratio of subs to f2p.

Luck to you and your guild mates and I hope that you find a new home together somewhere down the line.

Icebergy
06.18.2013 , 09:19 AM | #23
I am still subbing and still enjoying the game, but I can't really argue with the OP. He has good points, err point, since he repeated the same one several times.

I am still having fun and still have high hopes that Bioware can turn things around, they have shown some signs of doing so, but I am definitely...concerned for the future of the game.

I hope I am right that they are slowly turning things around, and I hope that they can do it in time to save the game.

If not? Well, Wildstar is supposed to be out at the end of the year, might give that a try.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

wowmiscott
06.18.2013 , 09:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
I am still subbing and still enjoying the game, but I can't really argue with the OP. He has good points, err point, since he repeated the same one several times.

I am still having fun and still have high hopes that Bioware can turn things around, they have shown some signs of doing so, but I am definitely...concerned for the future of the game.

I hope I am right that they are slowly turning things around, and I hope that they can do it in time to save the game.

If not? Well, Wildstar is supposed to be out at the end of the year, might give that a try.
I agree, I really do hope they turn this game around as I to enjoy the game and would love for people to come back and re-sub.

Leafy_Bug
06.18.2013 , 09:43 AM | #25
Op,

Some of your points are exactly how I feel when I am playing swtor. I had 6 months sub and eventhough mine is cancelled, I still have a few months left, hence, my game time. Now you, me and another guy, cancelling is nothing for them. They get the money lost from us from the cartel market addicts and on top of that make a tenfold profit. Why should they care about subscribers? We aren't their income anymore

Lugosi
06.18.2013 , 11:24 AM | #26
I can agree with a lot of what the OP is saying, with the exception of all F2P games failing. Turbine has done pretty well with their F2P model, although they have quite a bit of P2W.

I haven't played this game in about a month and a half because nothing is drawing me to log in like it use to. Sure, I could just un-sub and move along like all the knee jerk reactions to these kind of threads suggest. But you see, I want the game to succeed. I had been anticipating this games release years before it came out. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I really did enjoy the game quite a bit at one time.

What a lot of you "this game is perfect because my head is firmly placed up BW's ***" people fail to realize is that negative criticism isn't always a bad thing. It's like art or music, if you suck at it, you will never strive to be better if you aren't aren't aware of how horrible you are. You guys are more detrimental to the games future than the complainers. I mean, do you really think it will be good for the game if everyone that disagreed with you ****ed off and un-subbed?

I can't help it if I am not easily amused and believe that products that I spend money on should meet certain standards and if they don't the company cares enough about it's product and it's customers to take it's profits and improve said product. Again, I know I can just take my money else where, but I believe this game has massive potential, so I stick around. However, IMO, I don't like the direction the game is heading, and being a paying customer I have the right to voice this opinion and so does the OP. If the devs aren't reading these kind of posts and noting why people are quitting, well, they aren't very good at their job or they just don't care (yes, I know about t he exit survey when you un-sub. Not enough room and it's requires you to un-sub to voice your dislikes).

In the end, I can agree with the OP to a point and it kind of sucks that more people are leaving. How many people have to leave before it's to late to keep the game running anymore and EA pulls the plug? So yeah, you guys just keep encouraging people to un-sub when they don't like something in the game and voice their thoughts, because that's good for the games future. smh.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum

ScarletBlaze
06.18.2013 , 11:34 AM | #27
People want more stuff to do which is normal but maybe just maybe it is not in adding more raids, operations, etc maybe it is adding other things to do just as maybe pod racing, possible housing (which could be your ships) things to get people interested in doing.

Operations and flashpoints are fun but maybe sometimes people want something else to do. Maybe even redo the crafting where it becomes more personal.

Just ideas.

I still love the game and these are just ideas that might help some people.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

LordArtemis
06.18.2013 , 12:04 PM | #28
Bioware seeks feedback. They have indicated so multiple times.

I understand the frustration some members may have at having to see "I quit" threads. I would expect, however, that Bioware finds every subscription important and would choose to have this kind of information reported in some fashion.

Well presented or not, regardless of why someone is leaving, I think it's important information. I also think it might be important to Bioware. If common themes emerge that deserves their attention.

Andryah
06.18.2013 , 12:52 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Bioware seeks feedback. They have indicated so multiple times.
General forum "I'm quitting" threads are not the best channel for feedback to Bioware. Do they read them? I'm sure they do. Do they extract take aways to consider? Hard to tell really.

The better approach is to use the established channels for feedback: suggestion forum, bug forum, in game feedback, etc.

Personally, I use in game reporting most often because I know it will get electronically logged and reviewed by someone. If other people submit the same/similar feedback/reports in game.. it adds weight to the review process.

Having been on the other side of an operation like this (not games, other products) I know for a fact that customer forums are the worst channel for organized feedback to get back to designers unless you use the actual reporting subforums. Unless you have a dedicated "harvester" combing the forum constantly, it's completely hit or miss if any thread, much less any constructive post in a thread, ever makes it's way back to the design team.

Report in game, report often, be objective, factual, and clear, forget about ever getting a direct response back to you specifically (it does not matter, except to your ego). You will benefit the game more then spending a hundred hours populating every thread in general forum with your personal pet peeves or desires about the game.
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html

MSchuyler
06.18.2013 , 02:30 PM | #30
Seems to me OP and his gang have simply run out of game. he already said some of his guildees are leaving MMOs altogether because this was their last best hope. One thing BW has admitted is that they underestimated how fast people would level. They were surprised that the AVERAGE game play was 40 hours per week, and people were playing 80 or even 120 hours per week.

I can hardly blame them for being surprised as even the lower end there speaks to addiction. 40 hours per WEEK? My God, do they do anything else? That's a whole nuther subject, so let's let it go for now, but the basic issue is that after a year and a half OP and his buds are moving on.

That's as it should be. This game can't supply their needs for the next 40 years. It should not be expected to and those who think it should have a false sense of expectations. That's not a criticism of the game, but a reflection on your own addictions. "This game sucks because I'm bored and there's no new content." Umm, yeah, and you don't have a life either.