Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Macros for pvp, respecing, grabbing huttballs. Legal?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Macros for pvp, respecing, grabbing huttballs. Legal?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Asunasan
06.20.2013 , 03:41 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
he answered that.... more than one click/ability = no go
but we'll never be able to tell if someone is using a rapid click macro or not, so if its up to use to report before they investigate or do any enforcement... then its kind of a pointless rule unless we want to report every time someone picks up a hutball before us, thinking maybe they beat me because of a macro rather than latency ect.

funkiestj
06.20.2013 , 03:43 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
but we'll never be able to tell if someone is using a rapid click macro or not, so if its up to use to report before they investigate or do any enforcement... then its kind of a pointless rule unless we want to report every time someone picks up a hutball before us, thinking maybe they beat me because of a macro rather than latency ect.
Hence the enforcement questions in my previous post. A rule that is not enforced (for what ever reason) is a bad rule.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Asunasan
06.20.2013 , 03:45 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Hence the enforcement questions in my previous post. A rule that is not enforced (for what ever reason) is a bad rule.
hence my previous post 5 posts above yours

jolleebindu
06.20.2013 , 03:45 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
he answered that.... more than one click/ability = no go
but there is only one effective click/ability registered - it is only doing 1 thing in game - maybe kinda like lag/rubberbanding affecting an ability going off, so instead have the key "attempt" the same ability back-to-back

on a side note, the current means of picking up the huttball is kinda dumb, should have a 1 to 3 second "cast time" kinda like the bomb plants, but shorter.

also, Why should this be included when it isn't giving a competitive advantage? (y/n question) i.e. for respeccing in a raid or when you que for multiple role's and you want to switch to the one the groupfinder selects for you or you just want an easy way of linking your guild's ts/vent/mumble info in ops so the pug can join your chat or you like the /doubelasers emote and don't want to type it out each time.

Anzel
06.20.2013 , 03:49 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
Most of the key remapping he said is ok also requires the macro software, it's just a single key macro, so the G1 key on that Logitech keyboard now equals <CTRL 1>. So, you're pressing G1 instead of Control and 1 together. The problem is when that G1 key is programmed to do more than just that one thing.
Well then there is a massive conflict here. I think I understand the guidelines he's outlined just fine. However, BioWare and NAGA produced and marketed this mouse:

http://www.gamestop.com/star-wars-th...ng-mouse/98536

This mouse retails (or did retail) for $139.99 at GameStop, Amazon, NewEgg and others. It comes with software, branded with SWTOR that does just this. In fact, the product description clearly states:

"Instantly store and access your macros, key bindings, configurations and more from the cloud."

Terrible business practice folks. Absolutely terrible. They went out of their way to develop, brand and produce a product that they knew was illegal according to their TOS or EULA or whatever. Oh lemme guess, we the customers are supposed to know more about their game than they do. Oh, OK.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

JustinxDuff
06.20.2013 , 03:53 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
What about the software that comes with the SWTOR Razer Mouse. That is specifically build for Macroing. I think this is a bit confusing for folks who forked over $100 for the hardware and software based on this exact feature set.

Now you're saying that it's illegal to use the features of a product, which is specifically co-branded with SWTOR, that you marketed for this purpose?????
You should have read the ToS before buying it.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

JustinxDuff
06.20.2013 , 03:58 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post

discussion example: I have the following numeric to ability mapping
  1. dispatch (target must be below 30% health)
  2. guardian slash (often on cooldown)
  3. basic attack (uses no mana, always off of cooldown)
  4. riposte (requires a proc, ignores the GCD)
  5. saber throw
  6. force leap

If I program my razer naga so that the '1' button sends '123' is that allowed? This is the typical priority list example. for a single press of '1', only one of dispatch, guardian slash, basic attack will cast
1 key press for 1 ability. What is so hard to understand about that? 1 key-press sending 1, 2 and 3 is illegal.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

warstory
06.20.2013 , 04:02 PM | #118
What about the software that comes with the SWTOR Razer Mouse. That is specifically build for Macroing. I think this is a bit confusing for folks who forked over $100 for the hardware and software based on this exact feature set.

Now you're saying that it's illegal to use the features of a product, which is specifically co-branded with SWTOR, that you marketed for this purpose?????
1. Razar had that mouse already, it was reskined
2. Swtor Terms say you can not use Marcos in the game which was just reiterated.

It's like say apple is responsible for all the apps in their App Store which they did not create.
"Surely you know I could kill you just as easily with my lightsaber as I could with the force "

Anzel
06.20.2013 , 04:07 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
You should have read the ToS before buying it.
and right now they are all locked in a room screaming at each other trying to figure out why yet another MMO with the Star Wars brand is a colossal failure.
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006

DanNV
06.20.2013 , 04:07 PM | #120
Terrible business practice folks. Absolutely terrible. They went out of their way to develop, brand and produce a product that they knew was illegal according to their TOS or EULA or whatever. Oh lemme guess, we the customers are supposed to know more about their game than they do. Oh, OK.
No, actually all they did was collect a licensing fee for a product someone else had already developed and wanted to sell with new branding. It's nothing more sinister than that. The fact people didn't read the ToS or decided to ignore them isn't BWs fault. Each player is responsible for their own actions. Hard fact of life, but that's how it is. No one else is responsible for making sure you know and/or the rules either in the game or in the rest of life.