Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What Time Will Double XP Begin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What Time Will Double XP Begin?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVengeant's Avatar


DarthVengeant
06.17.2013 , 06:43 PM | #11
I fail to see why you cant just make it 4 full days. Start it in the morning on Friday and end in the evening on Monday.

This 6pm start time on Friday is just stupid.

LingBa's Avatar


LingBa
06.17.2013 , 07:15 PM | #12
GMT = UTC. These times never change. UK time changes in the summer for daylight saving, this is called BST (British Summer Time) and is GMT+1.

I honestly don't see how this is so difficult for people to grasp.

For the pedants amongst you I have oversimplified things slightly by saying that GMT = UTC. Although I believe they are currently the same time they are controlled by different organisations (Royal Greenwich Observatory vs an International Council). This means that in future there could be small differences between the two if there is disagreement over the implementation of leap seconds.

MrJurgens's Avatar


MrJurgens
06.17.2013 , 07:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LingBa View Post
I honestly don't see how this is so difficult for people to grasp.
Some people don't live in Great Britain and other weird parts of Europe.

mandoforlife's Avatar


mandoforlife
06.17.2013 , 07:35 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
will there be any news about 2.4?
I wish
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

CrispenGray's Avatar


CrispenGray
06.17.2013 , 07:38 PM | #15
I'm just sad that server transfers won't be active by the time the first weekend rolls around. I was planning to level my stranded characters once I'd merged them into a single server/legacy. Ah, well.

LingBa's Avatar


LingBa
06.17.2013 , 08:25 PM | #16
I don't live in UK either but GMT/UTC is an international standard. Not knowing your local time modifier to GMT is plain ignorance. It is a requirement when setting the time on most electronic devices that you select your time zone e.g. HANOI (ICT - GMT+7).

Of course the world is flat and was created in 7 days 6,000 years ago - but you knew that

I_Sithed_MyPants's Avatar


I_Sithed_MyPants
06.17.2013 , 08:30 PM | #17
How about you screw the idea of 3 separate double exp weekends and make one Gigantic Sextuple XP Weekend or maybe you'll think people still aren't able to level quick enough, maybe 10x exp weekends?






/sarcasm
Thuviel
<PC Gamer Mint Imperials>

R.I.P <Antisocial Elitists> I shall miss thee

ckoneful's Avatar


ckoneful
06.17.2013 , 08:31 PM | #18
Woo, I'm actually off on Saturday for once, and it's a double XP weekend!

MrJurgens's Avatar


MrJurgens
06.17.2013 , 08:45 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by LingBa View Post
I don't live in UK either but GMT/UTC is an international standard. Not knowing your local time modifier to GMT is plain ignorance. It is a requirement when setting the time on most electronic devices that you select your time zone e.g. HANOI (ICT - GMT+7).

Of course the world is flat and was created in 7 days 6,000 years ago - but you knew that
I don't ever have to use GMT/UTC for my computer, or for Daylight Savings. lol

I just use the US timezones. Imo BioWare should providing those too, and not just those weird international ones.

Rantank's Avatar


Rantank
06.17.2013 , 11:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJurgens View Post
I don't ever have to use GMT/UTC for my computer, or for Daylight Savings. lol

I just use the US timezones. Imo BioWare should providing those too, and not just those weird international ones.
GMT/UTC is THE world standard... not some weird international thing. If there is ever only one timezone to be used in an international game, then that would be it. Its the one most people know their +/- from. People who don't... well maybe they should spend less time playing games and more time reading books.

But I'm sure, when they make the post, it will have all the timezones you could possibly desire in it.
Defeating a standing army goes for time and a half.