Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Force Users

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.16.2013 , 10:25 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The issue with making a definitive list is that there are so many people who could fit into a single spot.

Bearing that in mind, number 3 is between Yoda and Darth Caedus.
Well yes and no, in a pitched battle between people close in power in can go either way. But raw power? Its always quite definitive.

Nonetheless, I'd say Vitiate outranks Caedus and Yoda. I mean they are powerful but they haven't performed feats on the level that he has.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
06.16.2013 , 10:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Nihilus' power is him just being one big vacuum. Not to say he isn't powerful, its just...his Force Drain is all that he does...literally he sucks in just about everything else. (No pun intended)
Darth Nihilus' telekinetic abilities are immense. He pulls the Ravager from the gravity well of Malachor V, and holds it together through his will. Even if we exclude Force Drain, he should be in the number 4 spot.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
06.16.2013 , 10:28 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Darth Nihilus' telekinetic abilities are immense. He pulls the Ravager from the gravity well of Malachor V, and holds it together through his will. Even if we exclude Force Drain, he should be in the number 4 spot.
On Malachor V....that is an amp, not his own power. But yes quite right he did do it on the ship. Though now wait...are we just including raw power here or we encompassing all feats?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
06.16.2013 , 10:30 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well yes and no, in a pitched battle between people close in power in can go either way. But raw power? Its always quite definitive.

Nonetheless, I'd say Vitiate outranks Caedus and Yoda. I mean they are powerful but they haven't performed feats on the level that he has.
Nihilus outranks Vitiate.

I don't think Vitiate could defeat Yoda or Caedus, but if we go from raw power, I'm only at a maybe.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.16.2013 , 10:33 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Darth Nihilus' telekinetic abilities are immense. He pulls the Ravager from the gravity well of Malachor V, and holds it together through his will. Even if we exclude Force Drain, he should be in the number 4 spot.
But were does that power come from? Force drain not only sucks the power from the victim but empowers the user. In that sense he could have been drawing on the dark side energies of Malachor to lift that ship out of orbit.

This is something that has been rattling around in my head for a while now. Whether Nihilus has real power or if he's just a man attached to a wound in the Force. I also recently came across this quote which made be sway to the latter:

"There is no strength in the hunger he possesses… and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others—his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls." ~ Kreia.

Now yes much of what Kreia says is metaphorical or just too cryptic to make sense of, but here she seems to be saying what I'm saying. That he's just a big black hole munching stuff up. Remove the wound and what is he, a man? An average Jedi. Given that he only rose to prominence post-Malachor I would think this.

And for that reason, he wouldn't make the list at all. Just my thoughts.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.16.2013 , 10:36 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Nihilus outranks Vitiate.

I don't think Vitiate could defeat Yoda or Caedus, but if we go from raw power, I'm only at a maybe.
Well its just, what has Caedus done that makes him all that impressive? Yoda is certainly powerful, but would he not simply be overwhelmed by the power of Vitiate's lightning?
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
On Malachor V....that is an amp, not his own power. But yes quite right he did do it on the ship. Though now wait...are we just including raw power here or we encompassing all feats?
The difference being? As long as the feat is not coming from an amp its a display of power no?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
06.16.2013 , 10:36 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
But were does that power come from? Force drain not only sucks the power from the victim but empowers the user. In that sense he could have been drawing on the dark side energies of Malachor to lift that ship out of orbit.

This is something that has been rattling around in my head for a while now. Whether Nihilus has real power or if he's just a man attached to a wound in the Force. I also recently came across this quote which made be sway to the latter:

"There is no strength in the hunger he possesses… and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others—his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls." ~ Kreia.

Now yes much of what Kreia says is metaphorical or just too cryptic to make sense of, but here she seems to be saying what I'm saying. That he's just a big black hole munching stuff up. Remove the wound and what is he, a man? An average Jedi. Given that he only rose to prominence post-Malachor I would think this.

And for that reason, he wouldn't make the list at all. Just my thoughts.
Perhaps, perhaps not. I'm not an expert on Nihilus. I guess we could just exclude him based on him being a wound of this caliber.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
06.16.2013 , 10:37 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well its just, what has Caedus done that makes him all that impressive? Yoda is certainly powerful, but would he not simply be overwhelmed by the power of Vitiate's lightning?
He managed to hold off Sidious' lightning. Vitiate's lightning doesn't compare.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
06.16.2013 , 10:38 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well its just, what has Caedus done that makes him all that impressive? Yoda is certainly powerful, but would he not simply be overwhelmed by the power of Vitiate's lightning?The difference being? As long as the feat is not coming from an amp its a display of power no?
Ok then....I move to put Yoda in 3rd, I don't see where Vitiate would win against Yoda. Yoda was the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke so he takes the 3rd spot, not to mention being able to hold his own against Sidious among other things.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.16.2013 , 10:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
He managed to hold off Sidious' lightning. Vitiate's lightning doesn't compare.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ok then....I move to put Yoda in 3rd, I don't see where Vitiate would win against Yoda. Yoda was the most powerful Jedi pre-Luke so he takes the 3rd spot, not to mention being able to hold his own against Sidious among other things.
Mmmm... both true. And arguably Sidious was overwhelmed by Yoda, and the energies simply exploded. So yeah, Yoda seems the strongest candidate.