Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eric Musco confirms Naboo as next planet at Cantina Crawl

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Eric Musco confirms Naboo as next planet at Cantina Crawl
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Moonshadow
06.15.2013 , 01:03 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
Darth Jar Jar will force choke you all!!!
There actually was a Sith Lord Gungan.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

OddballEasyEight
06.15.2013 , 02:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
We could be the reason the place was empty. A planet that nice normally would be at least a farmworld if nothing else.
No the reason it was "empty" (which it wasnt) is because it wasnt discovered yet.
There were gungans on it, and there had been others before that were just known as "the elders".
Just no humans.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Archnoph
06.15.2013 , 02:23 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
No the reason it was "empty" (which it wasnt) is because it wasnt discovered yet.
There were gungans on it, and there had been others before that were just known as "the elders".
Just no humans.
even though somewhere in game ( can't remember where) an npc mentions the "queen of naboo"
Refugee from Bria
Beta Tester
CE VIP

CosmicKat
06.15.2013 , 02:39 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Well, seeing as I'm not a horrendous racist for assuming that the antics of one Gungan is the cultural norm for them all, I'd like to have a Gungan companion who can redeem the race. Because despite Jar Jar being a complete moron, Gungans have a pretty cool look to them.

Maybe a Gungan missing an eyestalk, give him dirty torn clothes and a vibro-staff. Serious demeanor would be important. This character must not be designed to appeal to children. No high pitched voice. It has to be as low as Kevin Conroy's Batman.

We start here and we can redeem the Gungan race. I mean, if a civilization of Aliens came down and assumed we all acted like Justin Beiber and Kim Kardashian, wouldn't you like to make them give humanity a second first impression?
Sorry but it's just not possible.

Equally as not possible...

A member of the alien race from Alien as a bumbling, hijinx-loving prankster.

Darth_Moonshadow
06.15.2013 , 03:33 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Sorry but it's just not possible.

Equally as not possible...

A member of the alien race from Alien as a bumbling, hijinx-loving prankster.
If they can take Yoda from a riddle speaking swamp hermit and make him a speeding green bullet of awesome acrobatics, they can make a Gungan a complete ******.

And yes, you can make Alien look like a moron.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Roalmo
06.15.2013 , 03:42 PM | #26
It's time to start the chant.. you know you want to:

"NABOO NOW!!!"

Say with me gang!!!

"NABOO NOW!!!"

annabethchase
06.16.2013 , 10:57 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Just no humans.
Ok, I've read all the books and everything the past 30+ years. I assume you're similar. There's important cannon stuff that should never be changed and then there is trivial stuff.

Letting us play Naboo now, and possibly having it end in some sort of tragedy that removes it from the map for a few thousand years, is not messing with any huge important cannon stuff. This wouldn't be nearly to the level as say playing at Endor or with Ewok companions. The pre-movie fate of Naboo is not movie level important, it's just a backstory for a planet that almost nobody playing the game would even know. Whereas far more know the backstory of Endor which is one reason why we didn't get that when it was a huge request on the boards. Further, all this new backstory for Tatooine in this game stretches the credibility of some of Luke's statements in Episode IV, wheras Amidala's statements in movies suggest a rich history for Naboo.

Lucas trampled over much more important cannon personally, such as what he did to Ryloth on TCW.

Finally, I have a feeling all cannon is about to get downgraded to alternate timeline when the new movies come out. I have read many other people saying similar things as well as we've read up on what is being said for the new movies. If they want to do Naboo now, it wouldn't be such a bad thing cannon wise because we're about to have a nuclear bomb level cannon overwrite.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

Cyberwoman
06.16.2013 , 11:03 AM | #28
Umm, I would actually love to see Naboo as a playable planet. I think it is a beautiful place, with quite a bit of verity in in its environments (Grassy plains, swamps, underwater Gungan structures) There could be some interesting gameplay mechanics involved too, such as underwater fighting.

It will never happen, probably due to Gungan hate (I don't mind them . . .) and I guess it could end up being to similar to Alderaan. Still, I can dream . . .
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora

Feztonio
06.16.2013 , 01:43 PM | #29
good to know while they can't fix issues with programming or put out content other than re-skinning old armor or datamining KOTOR for Cartel Market charging the subscribers, they've still got time to go on vacations, drink and party and make up jokes about the content they're not going to add to the game but they promised.

What a F'ing joke
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

ElitehunterDS
06.16.2013 , 01:46 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cyberwoman View Post
Umm, I would actually love to see Naboo as a playable planet. I think it is a beautiful place, with quite a bit of verity in in its environments (Grassy plains, swamps, underwater Gungan structures) There could be some interesting gameplay mechanics involved too, such as underwater fighting.

It will never happen, probably due to Gungan hate (I don't mind them . . .) and I guess it could end up being to similar to Alderaan. Still, I can dream . . .
If there isnt any goofy joke of a gungan character it will be fine in there...
They better not bring Endor next tho because i call a quit on that one.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)