Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

D&T Discussion

Afieri
06.14.2013 , 11:43 PM | #11
The real question is still: "Did DnT beat the bosses while they were working as intended?". You can claim a world first for killing the Terror when all you have to do is just sit there and wait for some poorly written code to kill the boss for you in phase 3 of the fight (which I can only imagine that when it is working as intended, would actually take some effort to survive) but I really don't think that the folk from DnT will even come close to expecting that they have a world first for getting that boss down just from that fight. It also stands to reason that there might be a few more bugs in the operation since you already have 2 fairly significant bugs (at both ends of the spectrum I might add). So if/when the developers decide to fix everything up, if the bosses in TFB NiM have changed in any fashion, then I would suggest that DnT's kills become less valid and they would have to do them again. If a boss doesn't change in mechanics/numbers (Both stated and ninja as we all know BW's penchant for changing numbers here and there without putting it in the patch notes) then DnT's kills are valid. Maybe each fight could be weighted with a certain number of points with regards to it's difficulty? Beating DG would seem to be a fairly intense task and it still hasn't been completed yet, but every other boss in the operation has, so maybe you could say that DG is the hardest fight in the operation so we will give it 1.5 point multiplier? Just suggestions but long story short is: DnT did a great job in killing the bosses, but if they change, then they should have to kill them again, otherwise World Firsts for errybody.
Warstalker Elai'a

Land rights for gay whales.

Gyronamics
06.14.2013 , 11:45 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
PTS was open to everyone in every guild with open transfers of up to date toons for the most recent time. We went in I want to say 1 night with less than ideal comp and checked it out as well as many other guilds. Thats an even playing field. Stop trying to make something out of nothing
I'm not talking to you at all but you keep thinking I am.

And its quite the reverse, I'd rather this farce became nothing instead of this bickering over "world first" or "did it count".
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

earsrgood
06.15.2013 , 12:45 AM | #13
My views are as follows:

1) Gratz to D&T on the world first kills.
2) Unfortunately the way in which it was achieved should dis qualify you from the progress race competition.
3) Both the 8man and 16man competition rules were badly written, it should be absolutely clear that the kills should be sequential.
4) Due to number 3 D&T should be included in the scores, you can't change the rules after the event unless using the "not in the spirit of competition" argument.

Ears
Not Good Enough - EU Progress Raiding Guild
http://www.notgoodenough.eu/

KhalDrogoe
06.15.2013 , 01:04 AM | #14
If BW didn't want you to be able to skip bosses, they would lock difficulties once a boss has been killed. With a competent group and appropriately geared If after 5 wipes you can't down a boss, there is something wrong with the encounter. (If you already know 90%+ of the mechanics.)

My guild decided to skip DG's after 3 wipes. Broke fight is broke.

Iraq-Lobster, Wakwa, The Marshmallow Legacy POT5
Bloobies - JC

earsrgood
06.15.2013 , 01:27 AM | #15
Mmmm, normal mode too hard, I keep dying!!!

Switch to easy, ahhhh that's better, I am awesome!!!

= Difference between a casual and an elitist
Not Good Enough - EU Progress Raiding Guild
http://www.notgoodenough.eu/

Treeba
06.15.2013 , 02:13 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
World firsts after so much practice on PTS is a farce.
You know virtually every boss in WoW is tested on PTR before being released. Some of those bosses still take guilds far better than any currently raiding SWTOR guild 300+ attempts to kill on live servers.

Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
For all intent and purposes, a good portion of the community are going to recognize the kill, another will not, and the majority will not give a damn who did what. What happened has happened.
^

Solar_Breeze
06.15.2013 , 02:28 AM | #17
Quote:
My guild decided to skip DG's after 3 wipes. Broke fight is broke.
I find it funny that people go... "If we can't do it in 3 wipes it must be broken!" seriously? Not to bash you or anything but maybe you just weren't good enough those 3 wipes?

Its a nightmare raid, it is meant to be hard. Skipping is just taking the easy option when you don't want to be considered for any sort of ranking system. It makes a mockery of the instance.

Bug or no bug. the instance order is Horror > Guards > Operatior > Kephess > Terror.
If you do it in any other order and claim those as your kill times then you don't deserve credit for that.

TrillOG-
06.15.2013 , 03:04 AM | #18
Why on earth would you revive this topic? All it is going to do is start more problems... or was that your intention to begin with? The bottom line is if every guild were to skip the DG then I'm sure there would be plenty of guilds that potentially would have been "first". But the fact is most hardcore guilds are not switching to hm, and getting themselves locked out and basically giving up all progression on the fight. We should not be expecting guilds to smash through content the first day or two it comes out. Where is the difficulty in that? This is nightmare, it is supposed to be just that. Didn't guilds not clear the tanks in EC NiM for a lengthy amount of time? I would rather have a fight like this that would leave me feeling accomplished instead of just another raid to farm. I hope they leave it as is seeing how guilds are getting them farther and farther down each day. Suckafish brought Kel'Sara down to 0% I believe. The fight is not impossible.

paowee
06.15.2013 , 03:19 AM | #19
ot:
Spoiler
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

TenderDeath
06.15.2013 , 07:27 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Solar_Breeze View Post
Its a nightmare raid, it is meant to be hard. Skipping is just taking the easy option when you don't want to be considered for any sort of ranking system. It makes a mockery of the instance.
Excuse me, but BW made a mockery of that operation ---- Terror bug existing after all this time.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five
Devasta - Marauder | Aksana - Sniper | Ainslee - Operative | GalatÍa - Operative | Zosa - Sorceror | Pnot'butter - Powertech