Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

D&T Discussion

Askesis
06.14.2013 , 05:37 PM | #1
Let's try and keep the Progression Tracking thread clean, and move all this useless banter here.

Did D&T kill Op9 and Kephess? Yes, they have. They have posted proof of it. If they weren't the world-first, who was?

paowee
06.14.2013 , 05:41 PM | #2
EDIT:

Topic been beaten down to death...

Just be careful and no one try to insult or troll anybody else. I think we can all agree to disagree on the the progression race of this Patch. The rules were not as clear cut compared to Nibbon's 16-man NiM division. With cooler heads towards the end of the 2 day forum-drama, now, i think you guys did a really good job on those kills. Especially the bugs you found in those bosses, those will be nothing but help for the devs and everybody else.

Personally I just can't wait for my guild to down nim dg so i can finally watch how they will do the rest of the instance.
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Fair enough.

I do find the petty sniping towards D&T is getting really silly.
^
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

ErosGyne
06.14.2013 , 07:13 PM | #3
This is so easy, show the rule book, a piece of paper here it says things have to happen this way or that way.
If isnt nothing against skiping bosses, a kill is a kill, if the guy that keeps the score and possibly made the rules says is ok then the kill is valid.
If other ppl want to make some other rules and keep track in a diferent way, they should
Personally, this op is full a bugs (ex. last boss jumps to 22% HP to 2% and dies happen to D&T, or when he enter the burn fase and hes HP jump up to 32%) all the kills shouldnt count at all
But i really dont care

znihilist
06.14.2013 , 09:20 PM | #4
For all intent and purposes, a good portion of the community are going to recognize the kill, another will not, and the majority will not give a damn who did what. What happened has happened.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

Amantino
06.14.2013 , 10:09 PM | #5
Kill is kill. Grats on your kills, but you should get reduced points for skipping. Unless there are rules that ban skipping, this should be considered valid kills. Rules need to be made before progression starts.
Jennifér - Marauder
<Reckoning>

The Red Eclipse

Gyronamics
06.14.2013 , 10:15 PM | #6
World firsts after so much practice on PTS is a farce.

This is merely another farce on top of that and the whole business calls for eyes to be rolled at the screen when mentioned.
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE

Ansalem
06.14.2013 , 10:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
World firsts after so much practice on PTS is a farce.

This is merely another farce on top of that and the whole business calls for eyes to be rolled at the screen when mentioned.
you mean all 4 hours spent on pts for this? yeah so much practice. Or were you referring to the 9 months that we have had HM TFB to practice on?

Gyronamics
06.14.2013 , 10:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
you mean all 4 hours spent on pts for this? yeah so much practice. Or were you referring to the 9 months that we have had HM TFB to practice on?
No the farce of "D&T skipping a boss, does it matter" is separate to the farce of "people have been downing bosses in NiM TFB well before it was made live but world firsts still matter".
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE

namesaretough
06.14.2013 , 10:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
Kill is kill. Grats on your kills, but you should get reduced points for skipping. Unless there are rules that ban skipping, this should be considered valid kills. Rules need to be made before progression starts.
Way to say there should be a new rule (decreased points for skipping bosses) and then say "but no new rules".
Smugglin

Ansalem
06.14.2013 , 11:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
No the farce of "D&T skipping a boss, does it matter" is separate to the farce of "people have been downing bosses in NiM TFB well before it was made live but world firsts still matter".
PTS was open to everyone in every guild with open transfers of up to date toons for the most recent time. We went in I want to say 1 night with less than ideal comp and checked it out as well as many other guilds. Thats an even playing field. Stop trying to make something out of nothing