[BUG] Very bad graphic/texture bug making character a jumbled mess

RobboAce

Ok this is strange but this is how it happened. Using my assassin I bought some emotes and of course tried them, I then noticed the leg textures of the dreadseed leg piece has vanished and the legs were just a bare texture with no colour.

I tried logging in and out to see if it cleared but it did not work, however I used the repair option on the launcher and it said it was fixing about two files if I remember correctly. I then tried to see if my sage had any problems and I was shocked to see my character looking like this

Click here for screenshot of bug

It can't be my pc as I have tried the steps of reloading game, restarting pc, repair of game and updating vid card drivers - also I was on at the very same time as someone else with the exact same problem

This is obviously a very bad graphic glitch that needs attention, I hope the fix can be applied very soon.

Thanks.

*Changed image host

Edited by RobboAce
Fixed/changed image host

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

First of all, we appreciate that you've included screenshots to illustrate the issue you're describing. These for sure display some craziness going on, and while we're familiar with this bug, images are always helpful with talking about graphical issues.

We've actually been working on reproducing this issue internally and would very much appreciate your help in our investigation. If you have experienced this bug, please post here with the following details:

• Advanced Class
  • Species
  • Exact name of the item that's causing the bug to happen for you

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Hello everyone!

First of all, we appreciate that you've included screenshots to illustrate the issue you're describing. These for sure display some craziness going on, and while we're familiar with this bug, images are always helpful with talking about graphical issues.

We've actually been working on reproducing this issue internally and would very much appreciate your help in our investigation. If you have experienced this bug, please post here with the following details:

• Advanced Class
  • Species

• Advanced Class: Sage
  • Species: human
  • Body type: 1
  • Exact name of the item that's causing the bug to happen for you: Bastilla Shan complete outfit

• Advanced Class: Sage
  • Species: human
  • Body type: 1
  • Exact name of the item that's causing the bug to happen for you: Bastilla Shan complete outfit

I had simular issue with Bastilla Shan's tunic.

The cause of that, was one of the new hairstyles. (hairsyle 45)

Changing back to older hairstyle, "fixed" this issue for me.

Also Human Female Type 1.

I had simular issue with Bastilla Shan's tunic.

The cause of that, was one of the new hairstyles. (hairsyle 45)

Changing back to older hairstyle, "fixed" this issue for me.

Also Human Female Type 1.

Same issue with Bastila Shan tunic and the new hairstyle.

human female bodytype 2

Hello everyone!

• Advanced Class
  • Species

Female Twi'lek Jedi Sage body type 1

this is caused by a combination of gear [Artifact] Pristine Battlemind Vestments, [Artifact] Forcelord's MK2 headgear, Pristine battlemind boots and any lower robe [Artifact] Pristine Battlemind lower robe not tousers, if any of these items are removed the character reverts back to normal, i have also tested this on nadia grell and the same graphical problem occurs with this combination of gear

this bug occurred the first time i logged on after update 2.2 and is still there every time i log on

Edited by Feleroth
editing incorrect information

As per my first post, I don't remember the exact pieces of armour.clothing I was wearing. However the bug happened when I bought some emotes on my assassin and used them, I then noticed I was missing the leg textures and tried a re-login and game restart to see if it cured it. It did not work so I tried a few times to clear it up by using the repair option which seemed to work, I then logged into my sage to find this texture/mesh mess.

It may be a strange coincidence but the emotes I bought were from the now removed cartel packs.

Advanced Class = Sage

Species = Human

Gender = Male

Body type =

Exact name of the item that's causing the bug to happen for you = Possibly the use of emotes caused wearing the head, chest, belt. and legs piece to activate the bug - if I removed one piece of any of these pieces the bug went away. Sounds strange but thats the way it has happened so I hope this helps rectify the bug.

Could it be that the graphics card was too hot ?

I had a similar bug long ago (years ago !) with Star Wars Battlefront I ... The NPCs became a similar mess.

If I remember correctly, my hraphics cars was too hot at that point (it was in the summer,, then, if I remember correctly).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Hello everyone!

• Advanced Class: Jedi guardian.
  • Species: Human
  • Body type: 2
  • Exact name of the item that's causing the bug to happen for you: the backskirt of the Deceiver guardian gear bugs out. look into it and you'll see what i mean. its normal in body size 1, in body size 2 its completely bugged.

Jedi guardian.

Female

Body size 2

the backskirt of the Deceiver guardian gear bugs out. look into it and you'll see what i mean. its normal in body size 1, in body size 2 its completely bugged.

please fix this.

Edited by stlin