Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cant Buy Cartel Coins!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zeargon
06.14.2013 , 04:19 AM | #1
I seem to be having trouble purchasing Cartel Coins. After 'Verify & Complete', the 'Receipt' showed the following error:

Quote:
Purchase Error
This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow.
This first happened after Update 2.2, about an hour after the game went back online from the extended Maintenance. I did manage to buy some coins at first, but it failed the second time showing the message above. As instructed, I decided to wait a day than try again. Although it wasn't exactly 24 hours gone when I did and the error still appeared so I decided to wait again. I than recently tried again and it still appeared.

Could you try and fix this please.

Norwayen
06.14.2013 , 05:22 AM | #2
Yeah,many got the " This service is unavailable for this account" .. Got it my self. have not bean able tp buy for 2 days now. I dont buy more then 1 or 2 max 3 a day... This should not be to much ,to be locked out..

The system sucks big time. love the game,bean from the start,but sometimes i just wanna quit this game when it like this..

Zeargon
06.14.2013 , 05:51 AM | #3
I realized there was other problems with the cartel coins as a saw some topic names about it soon after I got the problem again the 2nd time.

Zeargon
06.14.2013 , 07:12 AM | #4
I am still awaiting a Customer Service reply, and I would have believed that one should since replies were made around the same time that I made this post. Please reply to help me understand the problem of this error.

Beesodd
06.14.2013 , 07:30 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Zeargon,

Unfortunately, we can't assist with this issue through the forums. You can try waiting 24 hours without making an attempt (this part can be important) to purchase coins, and the issue may resolve itself. Past this, the way forward is to call our Account & Billing Department, who can look into it further.

Sorry that we can't do more to help with this.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Seancstew
06.14.2013 , 08:15 AM | #6
Same issue here. For a game that most likely makes a sphincter load of money from the sale of cartel coins, you would think that this would be an important issue to fix.

Apparently there is a limit on cartel coin purchases per month, who knew... imposing limits on an account without informing paying customers of said limits.

Zeargon
06.14.2013 , 08:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Seancstew View Post
Same issue here. For a game that most likely makes a sphincter load of money from the sale of cartel coins, you would think that this would be an important issue to fix.

Apparently there is a limit on cartel coin purchases per month, who knew... imposing limits on an account without informing paying customers of said limits.
I have only made one purchase this month, but it shouldn't be at the limit since I purchased a lot more last month so I don't believe it is due to a limit. If there is indeed a limit that I reached, its probably because their monthly timetables are not exactly day 1-30. In that case I am happy to wait until that time has passed, although it would be good to inform customer when you reached the limit and when it resets.

Shynymist
06.14.2013 , 10:06 AM | #8
Strange. I am getting that same error on my paid account I have had since launch after 2 purchases, but my daughter can buy cartel coins on the account I have for her and it is the same credit card. Maybe this is a sign? I have been purchasing almost $200 worth of cartel coins a month! Maybe it is trying to tell me I'm spending too much money on this game?

CloneWol
08.28.2013 , 08:49 AM | #9
I bought cartel coins but every time i do it says error can anyone help me ?

Beesodd
08.28.2013 , 09:44 AM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello CloneWol,

Depending on the error, the steps in this post may help, they come down to double-checking your details, and waiting 24 hours if you have made a large volume of purchases. Past that, the way forward is to contact phone support.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.