Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you use escrow transfrer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How do you use escrow transfrer?

happyscrub
06.13.2013 , 01:23 PM | #1
I'm a subscriber if that means anything. I want to transfer a lot of money to a lowbie. When I played a long time ago, I did it thru the mail.

They made it easier now and how to do it?

Astygia
06.13.2013 , 01:30 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by happyscrub View Post
I'm a subscriber if that means anything. I want to transfer a lot of money to a lowbie. When I played a long time ago, I did it thru the mail.

They made it easier now and how to do it?
I might be totally wrong here, apologies if so... but I believe escrow is only something you need if you are F2P or preferred, with a credit cap. Pretty sure escrow just exists as a sort of bank for non-subs, as the credit cap for them is pretty low. As a sub you can just mail your credits to whoever, so long as it's on the same realm faction doesn't matter.

Pretty sure that's an accurate description of escrow, confident that someone will point it out if I'm wrong.

JustARandomGuy
06.13.2013 , 01:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Astygia View Post
I might be totally wrong here, apologies if so... but I believe escrow is only something you need if you are F2P or preferred, with a credit cap. Pretty sure escrow just exists as a sort of bank for non-subs, as the credit cap for them is pretty low. As a sub you can just mail your credits to whoever, so long as it's on the same realm faction doesn't matter.

Pretty sure that's an accurate description of escrow, confident that someone will point it out if I'm wrong.
That's exactly how the credit escrow works.
‘Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but greater minds rise above them’
Ralph Waldo Emerson

happyscrub
06.13.2013 , 01:39 PM | #4
I was hoping they made it easier to transfer between accounts. It's kinda hard when you named all your characters names you can't even spell

AlixMV
06.13.2013 , 02:53 PM | #5
I was hoping they made it easier to transfer between accounts. It's kinda hard when you named all your characters names you can't even spell
If the alt is same faction, add the character name to your other alts' friends list--yeah, if you have ALT characters in the name, you'll have to remember how to type them, but you'll only have to do it once. After that, if you type in the beginning characters of the alt's name into mail, it will auto-fill from your Friends list.

If they're other faction...welp, you're boned, and will have to type the name in manually every time. Or go through a third same faction alt (that you want to send to) that doesn't have a strange name as a go-between, then do the friends list trick on the 3rd alt to send it over.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

happyscrub
06.13.2013 , 04:12 PM | #6
I thought I tried before but I couldn't add alts to friends list.

AlexDougherty
06.14.2013 , 08:05 AM | #7
I thought I tried before but I couldn't add alts to friends list.
You should be able to add alts from the same faction to your friends lists, but alts from the opposing faction are not recognised. This probably to stop PVP stalkers (not the correct term but I don't know the correct term) challenging them whenever they log on, ie if you can't register anybody from an opposing faction you can't track them.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

spinslvillain
09.28.2013 , 12:37 PM | #8
i am a noob so sorry for the questions but here i go.
i just purchased from the cartel market a Credit Escrow transfer. i was told this was for getting more regular $$$$, you know the green currency or the same currency you get from looting. now i believe i was informed wrong. did i just waste 40 cartel coins?? anyway for me to use these or is there an indepth article that explains exactly how these Escrow credits work??
also is there any way to purchase the green regular currency?? i have plenty of cartel credits so thats not a big deal.

thanks for your time

gorstram
09.28.2013 , 12:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by spinslvillain View Post
i am a noob so sorry for the questions but here i go.
i just purchased from the cartel market a Credit Escrow transfer. i was told this was for getting more regular $$$$, you know the green currency or the same currency you get from looting. now i believe i was informed wrong. did i just waste 40 cartel coins?? anyway for me to use these or is there an indepth article that explains exactly how these Escrow credits work??
also is there any way to purchase the green regular currency?? i have plenty of cartel credits so thats not a big deal.

thanks for your time
Okay, it doesn't look like this has been adequately explained in this thread, so I'm going to try and do it.

Free to play (Freebs) and Preferred (Prefs) have a limit to the amount of credits that they can have at any one time. Any money that they get that goes ABOVE and BEYOND this limit is put into an account that they CANNOT SEE, this is called an Escrow Account. For example, Johnny Jedi opens his inventory and sees that he has 250,000 credits, he CAN'T HAVE more than 250,000 credits. But let's say that Johnny Jedi has been playing for some time and he knows he has a ton of money in his Escrow Account. He then goes and buys a Credit Escrow Transfer unlock from the Cartel Market for 600,000 credits. This allows him to have a one-time temporary extension of his credit limit of up to 600,000 credits, so Johnny can have a total of 850,000 credits available to him. Luckily in this example he has plenty of credits to do this with.

Johnny Jedi buys a new speeder for 700,000 credits leaving him with 150,000 credits in his inventory. But he then sells something for 100,000 credits. That would put Johnny Jedi back up to his initial credit limit of 250,000 credits, which is the limit for Freebs.

It is important to understand that the Credit Escrow Transfer unlocks DO NOT GIVE YOU CREDITS. They ACCESS credits you ALREADY have. If you haven't earned them, you DO NOT have the credits.

FInally, you CANNOT buy credits in this game.

Hope this helps.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

Tatile
09.28.2013 , 12:49 PM | #10
You cannot buy Credits, the regular currency.

Basically, as an F2P or Preferred player, you have a credit cap.

Let's say it's 200k.

If you earn 250k credits, 50k of that is magically whisked away from you into an inaccessible vault. Usually, it won't be given back to you until you subscribe. To access these credits, you need to buy an escrow transfer.

Escrow Transfers are useless for people who either don't have any credits in their escrow or are Subscribers. Subscribers do not have a credit cap

You cannot directly buy Credits with Cartel Coins.