Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change Rest abilities and toys toggle or increase channel time to (near) infinite

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Change Rest abilities and toys toggle or increase channel time to (near) infinite

Shotgunchief
07.23.2013 , 01:32 PM | #31
I wholeheartedly agree with this thread, there are so many rest abilities I like to use in RP but can't because it looks stupid doing them on repeat over and over again.

Meditate's a big one, as is the chair.
The Seventh Virtue
Website | Apply

The Ebon Hawk
Bęviin Shukla | Torlem

Inflicktion
07.27.2013 , 10:08 AM | #32
Bumpin' this.

It'd be such a simple fix to make these items invaluable for RP. I definitely think you'd see an influx of Cartel Pack purchases on RP servers. I'll even vow to pick up a hypercrate in support!

Kaisernick
07.27.2013 , 02:04 PM | #33
this has to be done, i mean meditating forever would be great for RP however id also like to suggest other abilities to be infinite.
some of the Tech and Tool Emotes only last a few seconds they would be nice if they were longer to. also companion dance

Glzmo
07.28.2013 , 01:23 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
this has to be done, i mean meditating forever would be great for RP however id also like to suggest other abilities to be infinite.
some of the Tech and Tool Emotes only last a few seconds they would be nice if they were longer to. also companion dance
That's a good point. I've added the ones you explicitly mentioned to the list. Could you be more specific which tech and tool emotes could use a longer/looping duration? If anybody else knows of any others, feel free to post here and I'll add them to the list if it makes sense.

MajikMyst
07.28.2013 , 01:36 AM | #35
RP'ing aside.. This a good idea for everyone.. As mentioned earlier, I hate that I have to use the 'Life Day Orb' twice to heal my tank..

/signed
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Zaygos
07.31.2013 , 12:44 AM | #36
I shall also agree to this wonderful idea and post.

Many of the items and actions you would use in the game, make no sense to just channel for 15seconds. From an RP standpoint anyways. This change would not break the game, it would not interrupt the non-RPers out there and would add a new element to the game that could very well be enjoyed.

If people are paying good money for subscriptions and even the cartel market, make this timer change and let some people get their worth out of the items.

/signed
Dark Lord of the Sith, Zaygos Darkstar

Glower
08.07.2013 , 09:15 AM | #37
AT least buff all timers to 15 sec.
Why is one item with 10 sec timer (not enough for full regen) and another with 15 sec? :

It does not make sense!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

NwahsNirom
08.07.2013 , 02:57 PM | #38
Signed!
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website

Ebon Hawk | Guild Leader | PvE, PvP

Kuronan
08.09.2013 , 04:18 PM | #39
You can tell this thread is going places when MajikMyst agrees it's a good idea...

Antagonism and Joking aside, I'm surprised more people aren't signing... I mean, this benefits EVERY kind of play style (RPers get longer durations, PVPers and PVEers alike do not have to use the Orb or what have you twice, and soloists can heal their companions more effectively.) so why hasn't it already been implemented?
The Estimare Legacy
I used to be a Jedi once, but then I took a Lightning Bolt to the Knee.
We, the roleplayers, need this.

BlueDesoma
08.15.2013 , 02:44 PM | #40
I fully agree with this, sitting and relaxing in an MMO environment is pretty important actually, it makes people /feel/ more relaxed in your environment whether they role play or not, and it alleviates the stress of players. Without these options I find it sometimes uncomfortable to play SWTOR for very long.