Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change Rest abilities and toys toggle or increase channel time to (near) infinite

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Change Rest abilities and toys toggle or increase channel time to (near) infinite

WEIRDLITTLEBRO
07.14.2013 , 03:42 PM | #22
/signed.

I also love making Machinima-style videos so the timers are a huge inconvenience.
^v^v^ <Galactic Fifth Column> ^v^v^
Republic and Empire both call us "terrorists." That's nerfdrek. Terrorists target the innocent. We're fighting to save them.
Founded March 9, 2011 | Story-Driven PvX Guild | The Ebon Hawk
Guild Website | Accepting Applications | Guild Trailer

Glzmo
07.16.2013 , 06:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by WEIRDLITTLEBRO View Post
/signed.

I also love making Machinima-style videos so the timers are a huge inconvenience.
That's a really good point. I've added it to the main post as well.

Katzyk
07.16.2013 , 06:27 PM | #24
/Signed

Not a Rp'er, but its a bother to toggle on everyime.

Nod out to the Rp'ers though, glad people are having fun
Cambr´a LUX NŰwo
Desdemonń, Ir´s, Cymbeline

Krull-
07.16.2013 , 06:33 PM | #25
I strongly wonder if BioWare really cares about the role-playing community.

They have demonstrated that they don't give a dam* about us.

This request along with chat bubbles are going to be ignored.

Are you listening to us BioWare?

sarlacchunt
07.18.2013 , 06:58 AM | #26
I definitely support this BUT there is a problem with this: how will you stop it?

Glzmo
07.18.2013 , 07:08 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by sarlacchunt View Post
I definitely support this BUT there is a problem with this: how will you stop it?
Just like you can stop it now. Perform an action, move or enter combat. No changes needed in that regard.

anonnn
07.18.2013 , 08:04 PM | #28
The Life Day Orb for sure, should be increased to at least 15 seconds, the minimum time of most other "rest" mechanisms. Often I have to double-Life-Orb to rest to full health which is actually quite annoying, and makes the Life Orb a 2nd-class item when it's supposed to be a specialty object.

If 9999 seconds is not to BioWare's liking, 2 minutes would be a great amount of time for all of these, similar to the timeout duration when slicing terminals such as in Colicoid War Game.

Stubacca
07.20.2013 , 03:27 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by anonnn View Post
The Life Day Orb for sure, should be increased to at least 15 seconds, the minimum time of most other "rest" mechanisms. Often I have to double-Life-Orb to rest to full health which is actually quite annoying, and makes the Life Orb a 2nd-class item when it's supposed to be a specialty object.
Yeah, that's a different issue, but increasing and normalizing all such rest abilities to 9999 seconds will take care of that and put it on equal footing with the other rest abilities too.

Quote:
If 9999 seconds is not to BioWare's liking, 2 minutes would be a great amount of time for all of these, similar to the timeout duration when slicing terminals such as in Colicoid War Game.
Well, 2 minutes wouldn't be nearly enough for roleplaying purposes. There are RP events where you may wish to remain seated on the Portable Relaxation unit for hours, for example. Or suspended in a Kolto tank, carbonite, meditate, etc..
Add Wookiees as playable species (solution to voice over problem: MT-D Miniaturized Translator Droid!
SUBSCRIPTION WON'T BE RENEWED due to the lasting lack of CHAT BUBBLES and how long-term subcribers are treated by EA/Bioware.

TW-Cool
07.20.2013 , 11:01 AM | #30
I agree. 15 seconds is not enough. Who even meditates for 15 seconds at a time? Or after a long fight, I'm going to sit in my chair to rest... by the time it takes for me to sit and stand back up, I've only sat there for 10 seconds. I dont see the point of sitting in the first place ha.